Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twinplate Clutch Setups - 4gae, W55, R154, T56, 4agze, 1uzfe 1J/2J, 2jzgte

I'm more dodgy than a Backyard Mechanic ra_28's Avatar

Default Re: Twinplate Clutch Setups - 4gae, W55, R154, T56, 4agze, 1uzfe 1J/2J, 2jzgte

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Here's a challenge. A daily driver suitable clutch for a 1UZ that will handle 100Nm of torque? yes serious query, don't want to go auto
    100Nm of torque that's a pretty serious 1uz Justen?
    RA28 Turbo 18RG
    RT104 - spare toy
    MS55 delux - long term project
    BF II XR8

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Default Re: Twinplate Clutch Setups - 4gae, W55, R154, T56, 4agze, 1uzfe 1J/2J, 2jzgte

You can understand why he doesn't want to go auto, poor man wouldn't want to lose any of the little amount of torque he has.
    If in doubt power out

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Farkers edited
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Forum Sponsor Domestic Engineer Bazda's Avatar

Here's a challenge. A daily driver suitable clutch for a 1UZ that will handle 1000Nm of torque? yes serious query, don't want to go auto
    So thats about 740ft/lbs.

The twinplate clutches we have might not quite stand up to that.
    We have the following options available:
    Optimum V twin disc 7.25" rated to 800ft/lbs - $1920AUD delivered
    Or Triple disc V-drive 7.25" rated to 900ft/lbs - $1720AUD delivered

Both prices I have added a Hydraulic bearing setup.
    If you didnt want this and will use a Push type fork bearing setup then minus $200.

The Optimum V is quite expensive for a twin disc as they use lighter weigh components and different materials therefore can get a high clamp.
    Twin disc will be easier to drive over the triple. But I got alot of guys on triple versions and they say its actually quite nice to drive, better than expected.
    1988 Toyota Levin GTZ 10.88 @ 209.57 340kw
    Now 9AGTE 410kw atw
    www.mrpltd.co.nz - Manon Racing Products
    Turbonetics|Custom Coilovers|4/6 Piston custom brake kits|Twin/Triple custom clutch setups|+ MORE
    www.facebook.com/mrpltd - LIKE
    Check out the Toymods Sponsors section for Deals

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

What sort of disc thickness for the triple? It's a daily, so wear life needs to be decent as well.
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

What sort of disc thickness for the triple? It's a daily, so wear life needs to be decent as well.
    Triples are only 2.5mm
    Optimum V is 3.2mm

Opps I forgot too add the best option!! - Rated to 800ft/lbs
    Custom 8.5" with rally thick discs (5mm) $2130AUD delivered (again complete kit).
    We did this for a V8 drag car running at 750lbs engine torque.

Now 9AGTE 410kw atw
    Turbonetics|Custom Coilovers|4/6 Piston custom brake kits|Twin/Triple custom clutch setups|+ MORE

Toymods Club Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey Baz, i'm interested in upgrading my clutch and was heading down the twin plate road.

I have a 2JZ with a R154 box, looking to make around 400-500rwkw.

If i go with your twin plate setup how exactly do i mount that hydraulic release mechanism to my gearbox? is there already mounting points or will this need modification to my gearbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty Dave View Post
    Hey Baz, i'm interested in upgrading my clutch and was heading down the twin plate road.

I have a 2JZ with a R154 box, looking to make around 400-500rwkw.

If i go with your twin plate setup how exactly do i mount that hydraulic release mechanism to my gearbox? is there already mounting points or will this need modification to my gearbox?
    Hey, The hydro bearing is quite simple to install. Its a universal fit application.
    You wont need to mod the box at all. We can supply an adapter plate which bolts to the inside of the box. The Hydro bearing will then bolt to the adapter plate.
    Now 9AGTE 410kw atw

and is that all included for the 200$?

also do you do a sprung clutch for the twin plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty Dave View Post
    and is that all included for the 200$?

also do you do a sprung clutch for the twin plate?
    Yes all included in the $200.
    Sorry no sprung discs available on these setups.
    Now 9AGTE 410kw atw

Ok thanks for the information, could you PM me an email address i can contact you on?

Junior Member Grease Monkey

whats the advantages of one of the hydrualic bearing compared to normal clutch operation?

i have a os giken str twin plate on a 1jz with the pull to push convertor and having some clutch issues with putting clutch to the floor and the car still wants to move forward as tho it didnt fully disengage, i have had the clutch rebuilt 5k km ago and replaced the master cylinder, the slave cylinder and added a braided clutch hose and still have the same issue. even after bleeding the system a few times
    ,just wondering if its worth adding one of those to try get rid of my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Indelible View Post
    whats the advantages of one of the hydrualic bearing compared to normal clutch operation?

i have a os giken str twin plate on a 1jz with the pull to push convertor and having some clutch issues with putting clutch to the floor and the car still wants to move forward as tho it didnt fully disengage, i have had the clutch rebuilt 5k km ago and replaced the master cylinder, the slave cylinder and added a braided clutch hose and still have the same issue. even after bleeding the system a few times
    Seems pretty obvious your not getting enough throw. I would measure how much the clutch bearing is moving.
    You might need to adjust the clutch pedal MC and lengthen the rod to give it more throw.
    Now 9AGTE 410kw atw

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Indelible View Post

Hey mate.
    Is this in a cressy. What pedal and master you running. Pm me so we don't clog this thread but I had similar problems with the same setup.
    MX83 Grande 1jz GT35R buildup here.
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ghlight=grande
    Some say that his heart has 6 cylinders. All we know, is he's called,

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Landcruiser master