Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MX32 --> 2JZ-GTE Engine Mounts and A340E Gearbox Mounts

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: MX32 --> 2JZ-GTE Engine Mounts and A340E Gearbox Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by chris78 View Post
    They work, but, its not as far back as it could be....(I.e. weight behind front wheels for better handling, and front space for fan and rad), IO know because i took stock mounts and modified them so the 2j sat better in the bay
    Another thing to remember is that the mounts are designed to mount a jz in a ma61 so that the w5x is in the factory position.

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jzmx32 View Post
    Hey chris thanks for the pics, looks like it's worked well for you, couple of differences for me are using the -GTE and the car being RHD, if I move the engine any further rearwards the dump pipe / rear turbo will foul on the steering box. As it is I might even be to close. The heater pipes on the firewall are also very close to the block, how'd you get around that? Are you keeping A/C? Pop up a members ride thread if you get a chance. Good to see a similar swap.
    Yea, good points, I hadn't thought of that. As far as the heater pipes go, I think thats a non issue for me because of LHD....the heater in/out are on the right
    One of the reasons I changed my mounts was to get the shifter in the stock location (W58)...Mine is from an Mk 2, so maybe the shift lever is farther back on your w58, hence your engine has to be further up...
    Awesome project though, I am excited to see how your car turns out....I haven't seen many x3 with JZs!
    I will start a build thread at some point soon...
    Chris.

Hi guys i have a mx32 RHD and im putting a 1jz-gte jzx100 vvti into it can you help with any info i might need been lookin at those engine mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mx32vvti View Post
    Hi guys i have a mx32 RHD and im putting a 1jz-gte jzx100 vvti into it can you help with any info i might need been lookin at those engine mounts
    these mounts are an awesome option, and cheap as hell....the way they let you slide into position makes it real easy to drop and line up the engine/trans as well
    the one thing is they make the engine sit too low in an x3.....so a hockey puck or two to raise the block a bit is required

here's the link for the mounts: Online Store - Xcessive Manufacturing