Thread: Calling all Supra owners... QLD Supra Club Foundation Cruise 2011

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Calling all Supra owners... QLD Supra Club Foundation Cruise 2011

Im Sure there are a few of you supra owning toymodders that might be keen to come along...

Foundation Cruise 2011

Where:
    From Yatala BP South of Brisbane cruising up through Mt Nebo and Mount Glorious taking in breathtaking sights and the awesome sounds of 30+ supras cruising through the mountain range until reaching the final destination of the spectacular Sommerset Dam.

Who:
    All members of the QLD Supra Club and their guests (new unsigned members are also welcome to come along and sign up on the day)

What:
    A nice friendly cruise with good company out to Sommerset Dam.
    BBQ lunch and drinks will be provided for members Non members at a cost of $1 per item (NOTE: NON MEMBERS INCLUDE EXPIRED MEMBERS... SO DONT FORGET TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP!)
    This will be a great opportunity for everyone to meet and greet the newly appointed committee members as well as hear about some of the exciting upcoming events the club has on offer for the next 6 months.

When:
    Sunday the 7th of August 2011

Meet - 9:00am
    Where - Stayplton BP (aka Yatala BP, see map below)
    Cruise Event Manager Announcement - 9:45am (Be there or you will miss out on vital information and directions for the drive)
    Depart - 10:00am exactly
    What to bring - UHF radio, sunscreen (it will be hot), a smile, good behavior on the roads as the club will be on display, and a full tank of petrol before parking up.

TO RSVP PLEASE JUMP ONTO Queensland Supra Club | Australias fastest growing Supra Club AND FOLLOW THE LINK

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Calling all Supra owners... QLD Supra Club Foundation Cruise 2011

If my boost problems are all sorted out by then, I'm curious about the "full tank of fuel before parking up". I only get 200-250k per tank. Am I going to get left behind if I decide to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
    If my boost problems are all sorted out by then, I'm curious about the "full tank of fuel before parking up". I only get 200-250k per tank. Am I going to get left behind if I decide to come?
    well google maps suggests its a 140km odd trip one way...
    do you need E85? if you do then you would need to bring your own as there are no servos with e85 on the route as far as i am aware...

if i am aware of your fueling requirements at the start of the cruise i can always tag along with you and there is a bp before the trip over nebo (the gap bp)

for the return trip you can either go back over the mountain or via ipswich and logan motorway...

if your not on E85 how the hell are you using that much fuel?

either way we can accomodate you so you dont get left behind so long as we know at the start you need fuel half way etc

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

lol, BP98... 8:1 comp ratio, and the map goes really rich as manifold pressure becomes positive because it goes from atmospheric pressure to 1.5bar in a window of less than 500rpm. Plus its a fairly basic ECU (EMS stinger 4, no sequential injection either). I'm sure it could be tuned more efficiently, but its safe and it goes like stink.

PS. it gets about 17-21L/100k but my tank is only 50L

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
    lol, BP98... 8:1 comp ratio, and the map goes really rich as manifold pressure becomes positive because it goes from atmospheric pressure to 1.5bar in a window of less than 500rpm. Plus its a fairly basic ECU (EMS stinger 4, no sequential injection either). I'm sure it could be tuned more efficiently, but its safe and it goes like stink.

PS. it gets about 17-21L/100k but my tank is only 50L
    ah i see... yeah i was going to say cos i had a very rich tune yet still managed 400kms to a tank
    but also a 70L tank...

but yeah if your going to need a stop before heading out to the dam there is a bp just before the mountains so i can easily enough wait for you to fill up again there lol

NICE VIBE Backyard Mechanic marvis's Avatar

Might come to this.

How many cars? I don't need trouble from the police and a bigger group makes it easier to get away..

marvis in past years we have seen upwards of 15 cars... it is generally a BIG cruise

have been warned by the police a couple of times as a group and the only time anyone has been hassled is when they had been doing something wrong...

so if you just cruise with the group etc you should be fine

so this is next sunday guys...

would love to see a few of you make it there...

please send me a pm to confirm if you are coming so i can organise some extra food etc...