Thread: AE111 Driveshaft Boot interchangeability with other Toyota models. .

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default AE111 Driveshaft Boot interchangeability with other Toyota models. .

I have a torn inner boot on LHS shaft of C56 LSD Box I have swapped into my AE92.

Checked out Toyo DIY Site and inner boots are all the same but outer < Hub-side > boots (i.e part Nos.) vary depending on whether its got SSS / ABS?

Visually the boots look the same as on C52 Shaft; can I just order a C52 Boot off Toyota or Repco or do I need the AE111 unit?

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: AE111 Driveshaft Boot interchangeability with other Toyota models. .

You can use whichever one fits, just check the diameter of inner and outer ends and length of the boot and match it up. Most places sell non gen ones that will work repco, bursons, supercheap. All it does is keep the grease clean on the shaft so slight visual differences don't matter if it fits.

I hope that helps
    Aaron.

Backyard Fabricator Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: AE111 Driveshaft Boot interchangeability with other Toyota models. .

ae92 boots work

No they don't; the diameter of the shaft yoke on the AE111 is around 3-4mm less than that on the AE92 so the AE92 boot is a sloppy fit. Got by with a Sprinter boot from Repco, Part # 100-051; all of $11 if ur an NRMA member. Damn lucky too, even if I felt like waiting 2-3 weeks ex Japan they're north of $75 just for the inner boot, even from Amayama.
    Last edited by GeeEss; 08-07-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Backyard Fabricator Automotive Encyclopaedia

I used AE92 boots from repco on my AE111 BZ-G shafts, must have been different to what you looked at.

I can only go on what I measured. Just to make sure we're on the same page here;
    > Boot in question is the inner ( tranny side) boot on LHS (short) shaft.
    1. Donor boots were off 1988 AE92 FXGT Corolla with C52 Box.
    2. Going onto shaft from 1995 AE111 BZG with C56 LSD.
    I measured both boots face/face and AE92 ones were definitely bigger DIA.

Anyway, the Repco item seems to fit OK so hopefully that's that. . .