Thread: need help 3sgte not reading map sensor with pfc

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default need help 3sgte not reading map sensor with pfc

hello i am writing this out of desperation as i for the life of me cant get my pfc to read the map sensor and is giveing me no load scale to tune from. i have cheacked the wireing and map sensor and know they are working corectly as it is geting 4.87v when i put the multimetter on the disconected plug and the sensor is reading the resistance as the bgb specifies. it did use to read and i was tuning it with old setings but was geting this weird injector cut out thing happening at cruze and a ireguler idle from some sort of internal conflict i imagine cause i was modifing a modifide tune and instead of continuing with this mess i decided to save my maps and reinitilaize the pfc loaded my new maps and now it wont give me a load scale(but it has fixed my original problem). it is a 3sgte3 pfc version 3.2 and have it mafless with a gen3 temp sensor in the manifold and a stock 2.5bar map sensor i have the pim scale ofset on stock as is stock map sensor and to best of my knowledge all the other settings are as i had them befor the reinitilize. but after days of trying difrent settings and pouring over the internet i am still at the same point of trying to get the load scale up any help would be much apreciated i have done the whole project myself from building the engine to wireing to makeing exhaust and dump pipe all fit and refuse to be defeated by this issue which is just another hurdle to get over in the build is just frustrating cause am so close to the end and am keen to gets some k's on it. from the few times i have driven it on the road and it has come together has been an absolute joy and pleasure to drive but like anything that has tits or tyres on it, will tottaly shit you off from time to time.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: need help 3sgte not reading map sensor with pfc

obviously no love for this subject but am up dateing this for any one else who may have this problem as i did find a few other post on this similer problem while trying to search a solution. but is so simple am imbaresed to say but make sure you have the boost control option unticked in the function settings (setting page 1 fc edit or press f9 in copilot) i found the following site usefull How To: Power FC and FC Datalogit Tuning - NewCelica.org Forum as none of the other tutorials or user guides even fc edit manual or copilot manual describe what each window actually means and can save a lot of trial and error for ppl new to tuneing hahaha i am invincible