Thread: Ebay turbosmart fuel pressure regulators

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Ebay turbosmart fuel pressure regulators

This info has probably been posted before, if it hasn't here it is .
    Turbosmart genuine, retail price over $300, ebay from $80 up, bought one that pumped fuel (BIG TIME) out the adjuster (onto a spark plug coil)after only
    a hundred and thirty kilometres
    Took it to Turbosmart, for repair, No can do, they said it was a great looking copy, but Chinese knock off.
    That explained the cheap.
    It even came in correct packaging with instructions, Cheap Sard and Tomei apparently come from the same place.
    BEWARE.
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

Default Re: Ebay turbosmart fuel pressure regulators

Caveat emptor

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

^ this.

fuel delivery systems are not the place to be cheaping out. buy direct from the manufacturer or from a reputable dealer only.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

I bought it from a guy that had "abandoned project, never used, in box" can't find the seller in my ebay feedback but I suspect he might have had a lot of leftovers, still in boxes from abandoned projects.
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    I bought it from a guy that had "abandoned project, never used, in box" can't find the seller in my ebay feedback but I suspect he might have had a lot of leftovers, still in boxes from abandoned projects.
    If you log in to ebay then go to recent purchases, if you purchased in last twelve months, you should see both seller i.d and ebay item number. If you have purchased within 60 days paypal and or can be contacted with seller details. After contacting seller and requesting money refunded or replacement item then contact paypal and explain what turbosmart informed you. If payment was made through paypal.

Bought it 2 years ago for my 3 month project that was actually got to 5 years, I was surprised turbosmart even gave it back to me.
    3UZ Porsche 928S

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Also bought a chinese clone of a brand FPR (sard type rj) occasionally.
    Had to use teflon tape to seal fuel inlet adapter, everything else was good until some day that bastard got stuck at max pressure.

After that I could find a number of OEM parts from different makes that are cheaper and can be fitted quite easily.
    I expecially liked the volksagen/audi/skoda and BMW concept of having the regulator built in fuel filter.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

yeah a lot of modern BMWs run that setup. great for LS1s which have a returnless fuel system, and the regulator on the Beemer filters are set to 51psi, which incidentally is perfect for an LS1
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta