Thread: ta28 4agze,etc etc

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default ta28 4agze,etc etc

building a ta28 celica,have a 4agze engine i would like to fit,with ae86 running gear,does the ae86 rear axle fit the ta28,
    and what diff should i use,will the standard diff do just for everyday use,if any body has done this conversion please give as much info as possible,
    also thinking changing to power/electric, steering rack setup,does anyone have the ae86 setup on a celica,fitting ae86 adjustable front struts and brakes,what subframe should i use,and how does it affect the camber,
    thats enough q's for now loads more to come,body should be done soon ,so will be collecting all my parts for the running gear,(have engine ,ae101),
    thanks,
    jerry
    Last edited by v6cosmo; 05-06-2012 at 01:48 AM.

advocate for the oldies Carport Converter ian's Avatar

Default Re: ta28 4agze,etc etc

how is this going jerry?
    nostalgia is not what it used to be:

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: ta28 4agze,etc etc

still on bodywork, passenger inner and outer sills done,A pillars done,tailgate done(bad),passenger floor done,rear tail ope/lip done,chassis done,col panel done,
    driver side sills very bad, still picking up a few parts for running gear ,got engine/box/flywheel/prop/backplate,looks like the gear lever will end up about 100mm,further back,
    got a guy to sort my loom here in ireland hopefully, still not sure what diff to use,will try and keep original axle if i can,
    have thread on ae86irl.com with pics,under restoration projects,good site