Thread: Remove chrome gutter moulds from TA22

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Remove chrome gutter moulds from TA22

I am trying to remove door seals and chrome gutter moulds from my TA22. I will be stripping top half of car over Easter for respraying.
    I cant locate any screws or clips holding the door rubber so I can remove chrome moulds.
    I have tried searching but get a great list of other threads.
    Thanks in advance.

Junior Member Grease Monkey ta22fan's Avatar

Default Re: Remove chrome gutter moulds from TA22

From memory - the roof-rail rubber seals just pull out. They may be glued/sealed in place, so some care is needed to get them out without damaging them. The ones I did came out really easily. These seals are screwed in place at the front - should be obvious where. Once you've got the roof-rail seals out, the screws holding the chrome trim will be exposed. Remove the smaller chrome trim pieces that run under the "A" pillars (about 3 small screws). These are likely to be glued/sealed in place, but generally come away pretty easily. Then remove the long chrome trims that run up the A pillar, under the roof-rail, and back down the C pillar. These also will be glued/sealed in place, and are quite delicate (ie, easy to bend) so take your time and use some suitable tools to gently pry them away from the body. The chrome gutters just clip into place. Requires a bit of bravery, but basically you just pry them off with your fingers.

If you need to replace the roof-rail seals with new ones - try Spectrum Rubber (Sydney) or Scott's Old Rubber (SA).

Good luck!

Paul

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Remove chrome gutter moulds from TA22

Thanks Paul
    I just came back inside to reply I finally got all rubbers and chrome off car.
    Exactly as you said, except rubbers were fairly new and glued in a few spots, but easy enough once I got one off.

Regards
    Tony