Thread: 3sgte base maps for power fc 800cc injectors

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 3sgte base maps for power fc 800cc injectors

hello does any one have a base map for a 3sgte with a power fc in either fcedit or copilot file format i can use i need one for 800cc injectors or there about if any one can help if you pm i'll give you an email to send it to cheers in advance for any help

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: 3sgte base maps for power fc 800cc injectors

Just use the standard 3sgte base map.
    The car will start and drive around fine.
    Drive around well enough to get to the tuner anyway.

hey cheers yah wont run bearly idle and smokes more then my granma was going to tune it myself. havent been happy with atitude/profesianlism of local tuner been useing him for years and hes either over it or or lost the pasion for cars and is all about the buisness. if any one can recomend a tuner in bris who knows toyotas would be apreciated they seem to be all nissan orienated :/ (did i spell that right) any one elses just says "yah leave it for a couple of days give me lots of money and well see what we can do for you" kind of attitude which doesnt impress as i built this from the ground up and to be honest if i got this far i'll get to the end(pls no "tuneing isnt that easy" posts, it's not that hard either with right equipment and some where to do power runs)

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

If you set the injector size modifier correctly it should run fine on the base map. I wouldn't want to run it on the base map without modifying the injector size calibration it would be 45% over fueled for a Gen3 or 82% for a Gen2.

It's been a LONG time since I first put in my Power FC but from memory you set the injector size to (Original size/new size). Read the manual though and it should explain this.

As to tuning it yourself, sure it's not that hard but the 3S isn't a very forgiving engine. You need to make sure you are very careful of detonation particularly on a stock long block because the pistons are not strong and the block can crack very easily between cylinders 2 and 3 with any kind of detonation. Also note that the Power FC won't light the check engine light to tell you that you have a dead knock sensor so don't rely on not seeing any knock detected on the handset.

yah ok cool this thread is going of topic how about i take it right out there lol(i only asked for a pfc map). i did want an original map as this one all seems screwd up from my limited knowlage you tune the basemap first then fine tune inj map then play with ignition to put the power in. my starting point on the map at idle is .6, i belive this should be 1 or above. just wanted to start from defalt settings as looking at this one, i got a gut felling its noteven close to a start point from what i scene with other maps and will just make my job twice as hard to get the tune in. 440cc stock default tuned to 540cc now to 800cc so not sure to rescal from the 540 or the 440 would rather start again. the tuneing part doesnt intimidate me i work in a field where chemical injection with incorect amounts can also lead to catastrphic problems (kaboom house hold chemicals are fun) it is a knowen science of injecting a substance in to a knowen quantatity to reach a desired setpoint. no not useing handcontroller semed a bit gimicky to me when i bought pfc few years back as it doesnt really let you do any thing besides show your mates you got one(cheese factor100%).
    there is free programe called copilot which you can find out about here. http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/sho...t-For-Power-Fc and a fchako (google it) away you go. copilot seems alot more complet then datalogit and is well writen programe with an auto tune function of course all tuning should be done with a wide band but copilot is first to incoperate a signal from it and be able to log data and can adjust to set afr with protection in real time as oposed to makeing adjustments, doing power run, reacting to results because metering and adjustment tools are working indipenditly and not knowing what the other is doing. has a launch control capability to(yes you can drive around like vin diesel with a lap top open on your pasangerseat if you like) so thanks for the help guys?. hope this thread may help some one in the futer.

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

OK your thread title is misleading. So you just need a standard base map to then apply the offset for injector scaling. I never bothered with keeping one but I suspect any of the tuning shops that have used fcedit to tune one would be able to help out. Pretty sure in FC Edit it's as sinple as file -> default to load the default map again.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

unless your is an AP engineering model the base map will be for 540's.

this doesn't have specific apexi files but it may be of some help? http://gt4.mwp.id.au/