Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Toymods Membership and Renewals - Updates and Postage Notifications !

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Membership and Renewals - Updates and Postage Notifications !

Quote Originally Posted by egamirrorim View Post
    Triple post.
    Seriously, guys, this is getting beyond a joke!
    How much of a backlog could there possibly be? surely, its not as if you have thousands of memberships left to process. Its really not that time consuming to print a few dozen cards, laminate them, stuff them inside an envelope with a sticker and send them!
    Lack of communication from the board members about this for almost 2 months now is pretty poor as well! Especially when you're logged into the forum regularly!
    2 months? HA! Come back when you have been waiting over 12 months (nearly 14 now)....

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic pete05's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Membership and Renewals - Updates and Postage Notifications !

Hi Rod
    I am fairly sure it just a card and sticker, If it is possible or makes it easier for you guys I am happy to pick it up from toyota fest.

Thanks
    Pete

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egamirrorim View Post
    Triple post.
    Seriously, guys, this is getting beyond a joke!
    How much of a backlog could there possibly be? surely, its not as if you have thousands of memberships left to process. Its really not that time consuming to print a few dozen cards, laminate them, stuff them inside an envelope with a sticker and send them!
    Lack of communication from the board members about this for almost 2 months now is pretty poor as well! Especially when you're logged into the forum regularly!
    Usually a good idea to check your facts before having a rant
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    ...Other than that we owe Membership cars and stickers to about a hundred of you. You should however all have your forum access and be enjoying all the benefits of your membership. All that's missing is your sticker and a card in your wallet and we will make good on those.

So for clarity, If you believe you are waiting on anything other than a membership card and a sticker, and your not one of the 12 people listed above, you need to let us know, in this thread.

If you are one of the 100 or so people waiting for a sticker and membership card then we are finally close to getting this sorted and I am sure Chris will get it under control as quickly as possible. If you feel strongly about the delay your welcome to help relieve it with some genuine assistance.

As an FYI, In order to process the memberships under the new system we have had to manually reconstruct a digital membership data base. To do this required us to manually process every single paper membership and renewal form received since the club started. Now we still need to transcribe all those membership numbers MANUALLY into the Forums back end system. So actually Chris, yes we did have to process memberships that number well into the thousands !...
    What help do you need to get the membership cards sent out? Are the cards printed on regular paper?
    I have a laminator at home - if you guys already have all of the materials and can provide me with a list of members and their addresses I will happily put the packs together and send them out. But it'll cost you +rep

While there's probably a good reason that you guys are keeping ancient membership data, I fail to see the value/benefit in it for the club at present or in the future. Or is this an official requirement for an incorporated club?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavGT4 View Post
    Usually a good idea to check your facts before having a rant
    Actually, Dave, you're making my point. All you guys have posted previously in this thread is a couple of lists, barely a dozen or so names long, and a few vague references to 'LOTS' of other membership renewals that need processing. How do you think that looks to guys who have been waiting a long time with no real updates? Especially at a time when the board has changed the membership structure and is looking for new club members. Words like 'weak', 'lame', 'disingenuous' come to mind.
    Simply relaying the actual magnitude of the task on the forum would have gone a long way. Hell, simply replying to the MULTIPLE questions several of us have asked about our own renewals would have helped.
    So, yeah, FACTS have been few and far between...

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer mynameisrodney's Avatar

I have just posted cards and stickers to the following people:

Callum Thompson
    Lee Franke
    Ian Bennet
    Nicholaas Wall
    Christiaan Wall
    Ben Simpson
    Scott Burton
    Jonathan Stone
    Les Betland
    Michael Jarrett
    Dylan Riessen
    Mohd Poulose
    Dan Bowman

Cheers,
    Chris

EDIT: Double post

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Rod, still waiting on mine. (Sorry, just saw the post)

Hi Adam,

I'm pretty sure you are quite close to the top of the list and so you should be in the next batch I send out.

Cheers,
    Chris

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Thanks guys. Your time and efforts are very much appreciated. tbh, I'd completely forgotten since I have forum access.

Cheers mate,

For the others still waiting, again, we apologise for the delays, I hope to have to it back up to date by toyotafest.

Cheers,
    Chris

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    Pete05 and AdamC,

Are you guys waiting on anything other than your Sticker and Membership Card ?

The ONLY outstanding packs we have identified are for the following people:
    Fiynix - James
    Nolegsman - Peter
    Impurist - Phoebe
    Ocsi76 - Tibor
    Toylova - Nathan
    *No Forum Registration* - Neville
    Felixx - Matt
    Terra Operative - Jared
    LesM - Les
    Jay21 - Jay
    Muzz - Murray
    *No Forum Registration* - Edward

Other than that we owe Membership cars and stickers to about a hundred of you. You should however all have your forum access and be enjoying all the benefits of your membership. All that's missing is your sticker and a card in your wallet and we will make good on those.

So for clarity, If you believe you are waiting on anything other than a membership card and a sticker, and your not one of the 12 people listed above, you need to let us know, in this thread.

If you are one of the 100 or so people waiting for a sticker and membership card then we are finally close to getting this sorted and I am sure Chris will get it under control as quickly as possible. If you feel strongly about the delay your welcome to help relieve it with some genuine assistance.

As an FYI, In order to process the memberships under the new system we have had to manually reconstruct a digital membership data base. To do this required us to manually process every single paper membership and renewal form received since the club started. Now we still need to transcribe all those membership numbers MANUALLY into the Forums back end system. So actually Chris, yes we did have to process memberships that number well into the thousands !

Thankfully some of us have given up a great deal of time with our family, friends and projects to carry out this task and we now have the basics to begin processing the membership received under the digital process. So thats only around 500-600 user profiles to manually locate and update and then 100 or so membership cards to hand write, laminate and stick into envelopes. Good thing we are all get paid for this and do it for a living..... Oh that's right.. we don't !.

Rant aside, we know its been shit house, we know its taken too long and we do appreciate your patience. A long string of really shitty occurrences beyond our control and more pressing than club issues has impacted on the board and heavily effected our ability to fore fill this obligation to our members. We are doing what we can to get it sorted for you.
    Hi Rod,

I haven't received anything either, can you please add me to the list. Registered as a financial member on the 25th of Feb

Thanks,
    Doug
    Currently nursing a nice old celica back to good health

Hi Doug,

You are on the (big) list for members on the new system. Rods list above was for the old paper system.

Cheers,
    Chris

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Got mine today, cheers for that

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Can my name be taken off the list? I still want membership, but no point sending a sticker etc. to a house I no longer live in to stick on a car I won't own soon, seeing as I'm moving to Japan for a while.

Junior Member Conversion King

Mine arrived yesterday, cheers!

Sticker went straight onto the rear windscreen on the adub. slightly wonky'd it up but meh adds character
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT