Thread: 98 corolla 4afe swap 4age 16v bigport

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 98 corolla 4afe swap 4age 16v bigport

Hi you all, I am new, i got a corolla g6r 6speed manual uk spec 4afe engine. I want to put in a 4age16v bigport then tune it. I got the loom, ecu and box for it. can i use the bottom crank pully alternater, ac pump, ps pump from the 4afe onto the 4age block? would the 6speed gear box fit on Ge block. would the engine loom plug into the fe dash loom, if not what do i need to do to make it work. please help fe is out my car its my everyday ride need i running asap. thank you.

Incompetent Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: 98 corolla 4afe swap 4age 16v bigport

I don't have any experience with the specific swap you're talking about, but in general yes anything that is "4A" will bolt to agearbox from another engine that is "4A".

I would be very surprised if the loom etc just plugged in but it would not be too hard to adapt. You need a wiring diagram for your car, and a wiring diagram for the car from which the engine came. Then, you just work out which wires do what and connect them.
    Must.... avoid.... urge... to... upgrade... parts I haven't.... used.... yet.....

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 98 corolla 4afe swap 4age 16v bigport

ok thank you. my car is a 3 door corolla e111 4afe six speed called g6r. can i use the fe bottom crank pully on ge block. would the fe alternater work? i notice the plugs are different