Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what size injectors in a 4agte??

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default what size injectors in a 4agte??

hey all, i am in the process of building a 4agte and im just wondering what size injectors have been used in this type of build? im using a disco potato turbo and im not stroking the engine or utililizing oversized pistons, im only chasing the 150kw mark but would possibly like to go as far as 200kw some time in the future

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: what size injectors in a 4agte??

what ecu will you run? Most common injector upgrade for 4agte are from 4AGZE(365cc/min), 7MGTE(440cc/min), Mitsubishi VR4(450cc/min), Mitsubishi Evo 3 (510cc/min) and Mazda 13B turbo(550cc/min).
    Bare in mind that each of them has different impedance characteristic, you have to make sure your ecu injector driver is support the one you choose.

Cheers
    CHB

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

From memory, the 13b ones shoot the fuel through in, err, "large squirts" (for lack of technical way to describe it) instead of a fine fuel mist, I've read that for this reason alone people normally try and go for the 440's-7mgte option. (this was always coming up on another forum I used to frequent)

please correct me if I am wrong, or mistaken.

(more than likely wrong)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

i will probably be getting a microtech ecu for this engine build as im planning on running individual ignition coils for each cylinder. i was looking at an LT-10 but nothing is set in stone yet as i am only at the early stages of building this engine.

the 7mgte 440cc are the go.. plus you can buy them quite cheaply fully recoed from repco part number is fi612.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

definately the 440cc from the 7mgte, you can still manage a good idle and have the fuel supply up top.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

gen 2 3SGTE injectors are the same as 7MGTE 440cc injectors so add them to your list of options too.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

440cc injectors will be at their limits with 200rwkw, I have run 440cc 7mgte and 550cc RX7 injectors and noticed no difference in idle between the two. Go the RX7 550cc from my experience the comments on rough idle are hear say. Make sure you have a good computer with appopriate injector resolution, don't know if microtech is good or not.

RX7 injectors can be had in high or low impedence depending on year and part number.

Roger

Its hard being a Backyard Mechanic RT40Corona4AGTE's Avatar

Can i recommend that you run with something like an Adaptronic ECU, as the microlebs are shite for the money you pay for them. You can get e420c adaptronic units for less than 1K brand new.

Also might I add, the 7M injectors are good and I have also used RX7 550cc ones with no problems. I would have to agree with 3jcelica that the comments on rough idle are hear say. It all comes down to the resolution of the ECU. Microtechs are one of the worst for resolution too, incase you were wondering. They are still a useable ECU though, just there are much better alternatives out there for next to the same amount of $$$.
    1967 RT40 Corona Current Project - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46182

thanks heaps for your input guys this has really helped me out, i know that the microtech ecu's aren't that good but the problem i am facing is the lack of people that can tune import cars in my area. the one good tuner at a reasonable price will only tune microtech ecu's i might go with the 7m injectors and an adaptronic and just tune it myself or pay a decent tuner to fly up and tune my car for me... i will poke around a bit more and see what other tuning houses can do for me.

Its hard being a Backyard Mechanic RT40Corona4AGTE's Avatar

just saw you were in Northern Territory, bugger are you near QLD at all?

If they can tune microtech's then they should be able to tune anything, but you will pay for the extra time they spend familiarizing themselves with a non-Microtech ECU.

I am confident that you could just grab a wideband (if you dont already have one) and tune the Adaptronic/Microtech comfortably yourself anyway though. I can help with anything if you get stuck too if you need a hand.
    1967 RT40 Corona Current Project - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46182

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

7mgte 440cc 4agte, microtech, Rising rate fuel reg.

200kw atw

tuner is the key.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

If you are definately using a microtech with 550cc injectors you will probably be down below 1ms at idle probably around 0.8ms. I had one that had 440cc injectors and they where around 1.2ms at idle so with a microtech your lack of resolution will make it hard to get it right however anything is possible with the right guy behind the laptop. Sure it can be done with 550's but if 200kw or less is your goal 440's will make your life a lot easier unless you go with a better quality ecu.

Forum Member Grease Monkey

are 7mgte injectors high or low impedence?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    gen 2 3SGTE injectors are the same as 7MGTE 440cc injectors so add them to your list of options too.
    same as gen1 from st165 gt4, the gen2 are side feed

Quote Originally Posted by privatealpha View Post
    are 7mgte injectors high or low impedence?
    low imp