Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lancer Evo brakes into Early Celica/Corolla/Corona

2sc Breaker!!!! Backyard Mechanic bmxer54's Avatar

Default Re: Lancer Evo brakes into Early Celica/Corolla/Corona

Love this upgrade, I can't believe i didn't see it till now. Thinking about using it in my st141 3sge build, you just had the pug lux setup on he 28 at the nationals didn't you?
    My Rides:
    1x Brown St141 corona csx. powered by a gen 2 3sge, 1x RT142 turbo 1UZ, cd009 and G series, 1x Gj Sigma Scorpion injected and turbo'd, 1x KE30 2TG, w58 and F truetrac, 1x RT104 18RG, w58 and F truetrac

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

Nope. Evo brakes on the 28 at the Nationals.

If anyone is keen I can send them the autocad file of the mounts when I get back home in 3 weeks so they can get their own brackets made. The design has a couple of small adjustments since I got the 28 brackets done and I havent tested them yet so it will require drilling the holes (function of the water cutting process) and may require some other filing to clear the centre hole (hopefully not).

If anyone does get some made, let me know about any adjustments you make.
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Long time no post. Brakes work great, but I need to update the first post, you need to get a hub centric spacer machined. ID is 60mm and OD is 69mm. Without this, the rotor won't sit right on the studs. Have spoken to a local signatory, he seems pretty happy with the brakes thus far, hasn't pointed out any issues.

Email me at [email protected] if you want the autocad drawing of the brackets. Remember, if you are using aluminium, you will need to get them water cut from a high grade heat treated material. If you get them laser cut, the heat will adversely affect the heat treatment. You could of course get them done from mild steel and not worry about how they are cut.
    Last edited by o_man_ra23; 25-06-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    Cheers, Owen
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Small update. Was looking at what hubs to use for 5 stud. Turns out trailer hubs with Ford pattern and Holden bearing are perfect! Hub face is in the right spot and bearings are just right. You will also need new seals that are 59mm OD, 48mm ID and 6mm thick. If you want your wheel nuts to work front to rear, then you will also need to get new M12x1.5 studs and press them in.

For the brake rotors use DBA425 or equivalent (Magna fitment)

All else is the same. You will still need to mill the hubs down.
    Last edited by o_man_ra23; 25-06-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    Cheers, Owen

Some updates in the first post. 5 stud complete and will be covered in a separate thread, but essentially the same as the 4 stud version.
    Cheers, Owen