Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade Time

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Forum Upgrade Time

the button is there for the user suff... its right at the top right in the grey bit.

only problem im having is that the links for new posts in my email are sending me to the first page of a large thread (the images thread for instance)

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Ahh, the 'settings' link (top right), cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

isn't this just the VB default? not toymods default? and toymods layout is being reinstalled, but until then, we have to suffer with VB default?

or so i thought

PS, search function does weird things atm. is that just a layout thing, or a database issue?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

I found the same problem with searching, but then figured out there's two search tabs - the old one is the one on the left, it currently defaults to the one on the right.

If what you just said is the case OC (layouts) then I'll wait till that's happened to keep inspecting various areas.

One question I did have, under your User Profile - Statistics, what does "referrals" imply? i.e; what's it used for?
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica View Post
    Forum users....

The vBulletin software is going to be updated over the next week or so starting as soon as this weekend.

As this is a major upgrade, the look of the forums will go back to the default Blue vBulletin for a period whilst things are tested.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Chuck, To answer your Comments.

None are taken as a whine, this is pretty much the default VB template with the colours changed to look somewhat like the old forum whilst the second template is built in the background.

The location of the banner makes the navbar look disjointed, again this is a temporary location until the header can be redone and coded. more just to keep the sponsors on the page and happy. (keeping the banners up is a priority)

I'm taking your other comments on board they are generally valid comments.

There also seems to be an issue with posts without a sig as well. But all in good time.

In regards to the mobile version it appears to have no avatars and the like in it so is more content driven.

I'll look at the usercp issue as well in my next pass.

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

usercp is just the settings link, top right - so no dramas there

- can anyone tell me what the "referrals" mean/are for? (User profile -> Statistics -> Referrals)

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

When someone joins the forums there is an option to say they were referred by someone. This is what it means. So, if you tell three people about these forums and they join, they can say, in the form, that they were referred by Tomvale. So, when you check your user you will then see 3 for referrals.

Verstehe, mein freund?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

DIY Bloodline Domestic Engineer Talasas's Avatar

I think now is also a good time to say how much I liked the old forum skin and that I applaud the efforts of those involved in making it. It amazing how we all take it for granted. We all appreciate the efforts you guys have put in so far and are looking forward to the new skin, keep up the good work.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move." -HHGG

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    Hi,

When someone joins the forums there is an option to say they were referred by someone. This is what it means. So, if you tell three people about these forums and they join, they can say, in the form, that they were referred by Tomvale. So, when you check your user you will then see 3 for referrals.

Verstehe, mein freund?

seeyuzz
    river

Oh cool, cheers. I do have 3, I am unsure of how that happened.

Maybe it was other Tom and Loz, although I can't picture them figuring out how.. oh... it asks you when you join how you found out about toymods doesn't it..

cheers.

and ditto on what talasas said.

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smiley_666 View Post
    only problem im having is that the links for new posts in my email are sending me to the first page of a large thread (the images thread for instance)
    also this. Hardly critical, but surprisingly irritating it seems to be missing the "goto new post" part of the link

just had a look at the picture thread link, it may be due to the close-bracket at the end of the thread name
    MA61 + 5M-E POWAZ: sold :'( | MX73 + 5M-GE: asploded. RIP :'( | MA61 + 2JZ-GE: 80's radness with 90's power/reliability/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    these wheels are so jap I even want to kill a whale. For strictly scientifical purpose, of course.

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Can we have this text under the thread titles reduced a coupe of font sizes?
    It makes it really difficult to see the thread titles between all the other crap.

Started by Lambolica‎, 17-02-2011 02:46 PM
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

SW20 ATTACK Grease Monkey Surok86's Avatar

i was like ..toymods looks different..

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

i find toymods now , 200% harder to read.
    any way of bringing back the old design ? or colours ? or spacing between sections or anything ??

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

Funny how you take for granted what you're used to, and then suddenly miss it when it's gone.
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video