Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MA70 --> JZA70 Conversion

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic sunkloto69@hotmail.com's Avatar

Default Re: MA70 --> JZA70 Conversion

hey eldaro, how did those parts go that you got off me using them yet ? do you have any of your supra front parts left ? after nose bumper and bonnet, cheers mate, Dave
    currently not piloting a toyota

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica
    He is having an issue with it, when he matches the wiring up from the JZA diagram and MA70 diagrams the A/C relay clicks on and off continuously, ATM he has go somthing rigged for use only on really hot days but he thinks there are some differences on the looms at the fuse box end and he has reverse power of somthing

I have since found the remedy to this fault. The continual clicking of the what I thought was the A/C relay was merely the A/C clutch ocillating as because I was poking around trying to find out what wire I needed I only ever "jammed" the wire into the connector. Apperently you need a slightly better connection that what I was offering.

After enduring one summer with no A/C I decided to give it another stab. I started from the fan/tempertature control box end and moved my way through into the A/C amp and then into the engine bay where I met up with the same two wires again... After crimping a blade terminal onto one end and ajoining the other I found that my problem was solve 12 months previous. Just had the make a better connection.... Ahhh... COLD AIR
    1990 LS400

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    hey eldaro, how did those parts go that you got off me using them yet ? do you have any of your supra front parts left ? after nose bumper and bonnet, cheers mate, Dave
    i never bought any parts off you dude?!

Eldar.O.

okies people, ive decided after driving my car with the bare minimums (dash + sensors + engine, fuel pump etc.) that i want to hook up my PPS, ABS and Hydro Fan properly now too.

my car had PPS previously, so that'll require a little bit of mucking around to get right, im not too fussed.

but the fan is bothering me.

i didnt take the OK Monitor out of the halfcut, and its gone to the scrapyard now, so thats no help.

at the moment it just runs full blast all the time, which im not happy about, as its noisy and unnecessary.

ive got the cooling fan ECU hooked up behind the glove box, from memory its a bunch of blue wires, that supra6 site isnt working for me again, so ill reinstall the pdf reader and see if i can get anything out of it, from what ive read ive got another 4 wires to find and hook up before the fan will behave itself?

summary: ive got the JZA loom in, and the cooling fan ecu plugged into it, i just need the other few inputs (maybe temp from dash or something?) to get it working.

PPS i havent got a clue on, i just know its not working, ill sort that out soon enough

ABS, ive got some diagrams infront of me and about to give that a go now.

Eldar.O.

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder wiso's Avatar

if you get your abs working let me know how, i still haven't got mine working since the convo
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia infotechplus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica
    Sunday (weekend 2):- due to work / beer / lack of sleep very little was done bar sitting behind the wheel and dreaming.
    I know exactly how you feel dude.

Great write up BTW

+rep to you

Cheers,
    OMG - Winner of the Official "Forum Comment of the Week"!

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia infotechplus's Avatar

The correct link to Body connector Pre 89 IH2 on the first page of this thread is

http://www.1jz-gte.us/documents/SubDocs4/IH2(87-89).pdf

Just finished reading through this whole thread. WOW! I really admire you guys and your perserverance. But, hey, at the end of the day when you plant that right foot, it's all worth it. Can't wait to get my supercharged Lux back on the road!

Cheers,
    Last edited by infotechplus; 01-02-2007 at 06:56 AM.
    OMG - Winner of the Official "Forum Comment of the Week"!

Quote Originally Posted by wiso
    if you get your abs working let me know how, i still haven't got mine working since the convo
    was gonna do it yesterday, and i pulled everything out of the car, but lost interest and havent looked at it since, testament to how much i dont use my car ahhahah.

i just found my old diagrams that i printed off while the site was working (for me at least), so ill be giving it a go with the soldering iron in a little while.

ill let ya know how it works out.

Eldar.O.

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder wiso's Avatar

hmm, i got motivated to look at mine again, after resetting the abs diagnosis sytem the other day i have a code to give me a start. 51, open circuit in pump motor the relay looks fine so either the motor is fucked, or i have an short in my wiring. ohh well, at least i know now whats up with it
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

after looking at the ABS ive decided to get the PPS and fan working first, then tackle the ABS, its saved my ass a couple of times, but the car stops decently without so heres hoping i dont hit someone (ive got no insurance either, stoopid)

ive hooked the PPS up for the most part, but im missing a wire or two, so ive gotta grab some more diagrams and see if i can tell what goes where.

the Hydro fan is completely eluding me, although im trying to get my head around it, the fact that my wiring is different on the big square (IH1?) plug doesnt help, so ive gotta find a wiring diagram that matches my car now, and do it the long way.

the fun of conversions.

Eldar.O.

Quote Originally Posted by EldarO
    after looking at the ABS ive decided to get the PPS and fan working first, then tackle the ABS, its saved my ass a couple of times...
    Eldar.O.
    Yes, ABS has saved me a few times as well and the times I haven't had it. Well, lets say they have been close calls. Also not insured....

With the fan running at full speed, I can assure you that is not a bad thing at all. I have recently (in the past two weeks) only just gotten my hands on a fan computer. The car was just way to rediculous to drive without it.

In my case, the fan alway ran at its lowest speed. Great for warming the engine up quickly. Bad when it you drive for anything longer than an hour in summer. The engine will overheat and on a digital dash it would not be uncommon to see the 2nd highest bar reading before it starts blinking at the top at you

It is a pleasure to have the fan running at full speed now. I don't have to worry about potential engine damage after 18 months of drving like this (it's not so bad through winter).

I found that the fan started increase in it speed before it even reached normal operating temperture so with the bar in the middle of the temperature gauge lit the fan is already running at full speed (unless it is variable which I doubt if it is a solenoid that controls the flow of hydrolic fluid through the pump)

PPS I have not bothered with. I never noticed it before the conversion and not sure if I really need to go the trouble of finding myself a PPS computer and connecting it. It just makes the steering a little stiffer at higher speed correct???

If you need a hand with the schematics of both cars then I'll see if I can help you out. When I finally got the fan computer I simply plugged it in and it worked. It was the only plug that I had not cut off the 1JZ engine loom.

You have both MA70 and JZA70 schematics right?

Matt
    1990 LS400

Quote Originally Posted by Maphril
    Yes, ABS has saved me a few times as well and the times I haven't had it. Well, lets say they have been close calls. Also not insured....

With the fan running at full speed, I can assure you that is not a bad thing at all. I have recently (in the past two weeks) only just gotten my hands on a fan computer. The car was just way to rediculous to drive without it.

In my case, the fan alway ran at its lowest speed. Great for warming the engine up quickly. Bad when it you drive for anything longer than an hour in summer. The engine will overheat and on a digital dash it would not be uncommon to see the 2nd highest bar reading before it starts blinking at the top at you

It is a pleasure to have the fan running at full speed now. I don't have to worry about potential engine damage after 18 months of drving like this (it's not so bad through winter).

I found that the fan started increase in it speed before it even reached normal operating temperture so with the bar in the middle of the temperature gauge lit the fan is already running at full speed (unless it is variable which I doubt if it is a solenoid that controls the flow of hydrolic fluid through the pump)

PPS I have not bothered with. I never noticed it before the conversion and not sure if I really need to go the trouble of finding myself a PPS computer and connecting it. It just makes the steering a little stiffer at higher speed correct???

If you need a hand with the schematics of both cars then I'll see if I can help you out. When I finally got the fan computer I simply plugged it in and it worked. It was the only plug that I had not cut off the 1JZ engine loom.

You have both MA70 and JZA70 schematics right?

Matt
    the pps im done with, im happy to have it back, forgot how easy it made the car to park
    was missing two wires, one was the speed sensor from the dash, and another i forgot already

my fan just belts out full speed all the time, sounds like a truck 100% of the time, the only reason i want it working properly is because of all the unnecessary noise. ive found the wires i need on the JZA side, but dont know which wires to connect it to on the MA70 side, as i dont have the diagrams for my specific model of MA70, the wires to get the car running were the same, but everything else is different.

ABS is tripping me out too, i dont know how im going to tackle it, i just stand there scratching my head!

Eldar.O.

You have a MA70 GT Limited don't you??? It's the same as my car.

What is your email address and I'll send you the diagrams that I used to get my A/C working right. I know you're having trouble with you Fan Computer and ABS but every wire I looked for was there and was the right colour so you shouldn't have any trouble.

It's worth a try.

PM me your address if you like.
    1990 LS400

[email protected]

its in my profile dude

Elmo.

Teh Massif Dong Carport Converter BlackSupra's Avatar

As a point of interest for anyone that doesnt buy a halfcut, a 93-96 Camry SDV10 have extra long throttle cables for that hard to find cable.