Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MA70 --> JZA70 Conversion

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: MA70 --> JZA70 Conversion

I just replaced what was involved in the front cut Wiso, and that was all that was needed.

I never needed to replace the fuel pump personally. Everything you need is in a front cut. If you are any good at reading electrical schematics (and have good copies of them) then the electrical converstion is somewhat easier.

Although swapping out the whole loom is an option, I decided to swap the plugs over onto the 1JZ from the 7M to match up with the rest of the car. You would most likely eliminate any troubles of particular circuits not working correctly with this method.

There maybe implications but from what I can gather I believe it should just work for you.

Just one more question....

1JZ Auto???? Pick yourself up a manual

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder wiso's Avatar

well the reason i am thinking of swapping the loom is because the half cut i am getting has digi dash, and mine has an analogue dash, plus i wanna keep my cruise control,

yeah i am pretty good with wiring diagrams, so it should be no problem.

nah i am gonna leave her auto, she is gonna be the daily cruiser, stuck in traffic, hiway cruising etc, the mr2 is manual, thats the one i go serious with, plus auto is way cheaper, and after driving my mates auto soarer with a shift kit, it hammers through the gears

maphril was yours a 7mge or 7mgte? before? so your fuel pump runs the 1j fine, cool
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

Xistant

wiso , i did the 1jz swap and did it by swapping everything from the halfcut only issues regarding wiring was the doors, rear loom match up easy (still differant plugs)

but watch out for the doors, drivers side is so so ok,
    but passenger was a pig!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer urantia's Avatar

u guys beat me, but yeah in hindsight swapping the complete looms over would be the way to go, i didn;t for the same reason maphril didn't, i wanted to keep alot of my ma70 gear like the digi dash etc.

My fuel pump just wasn't producing enough fuel pressure, so i installed the walbro 255 and it solved my probs, more power, smooth idle, smoother reving motor. So i guess i wouldn't trust a near 20 yo fuel pump, but it might just of been bad luck and your supra pump is probably fine for the job.
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4
    97 Hiace AWD Super Custom 1kz turbo diesel (sold)
    87 MA70 w/ 1JZ-GTE Manual Conversion GT (moss growing on roof deteriorating away but open to offers)

Conversion Master Grease Monkey Whiplash's Avatar

yer id consider you guys having an easyer job than me. almost finished a jzz30 1jzgte into my ma70. cranked her up today and purrs like a kittin. just th elast steps to finishing now.

urantia i had same difficulties as you as my ma70 loom doesnt match any of the documented ones from the sites. dod you keep a documentation of your loom at all. would help greatly

didnt think me and my mate would learn to read jap considering the only jzz30 diagram we have is in jap

Hey Whiplash, good job converting the soarer 1jz to the ma70! much more effort involved!!

Yeah i did document it on paper ages ago! but i can't for the life of me find it! i fear the paper got tossed out one day when i was cleaning the car.

but it's all still in memory and can check the wiring in the flesh again too see what whent where. (most of the wire colors didn't match up between the 1jz body loom and the ma body loom. But probing unknown wires with 12volts is a good way to see what things do. *might blow a fuse or two using this method*.

But don't hesitate to hit me for specific info and i'll help ya best i can.
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4
    87 MA70 w/ 1JZ-GTE Manual Conversion GT (moss growing on roof deteriorating away but open to offers)

Conversion Master Grease Monkey Whiplash's Avatar

yeah we have most of it working. everything on dash is working perfectly. only few things left. oh and by the way i wouldnt suggest the 12v method. its an easy way to blow circuit bords and such haha, a multimeter is the way to go.

basically still need to wire up the auto box. did you use auto or manual. if you used auto do you know what the inputs are for the lights on the dash for each gear, also what the overdrive signal wire is from the gear stick. reverse signal for the reverse lights and such. would just save me and mate time trying to figure out what wires they are through testing.

also still need to hook up the aircon, cruise control, abs and power steering.

power steering should be finished tomorrow arvo but any other info on the rest would be great.

cheers

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

somebody help me, im picking up my 1J cut in a few days.

i have a 1990 MA70 GT limited Auto, the cut i think is a 1991 JZA70 manual

the 7M is already out of the car, and in two peices.

i have wiring diagrams to mate the JZA70 IG1 plug to the MA70 M1 plug.

and the JZA70 IH2 Plug to MA70 B2.

i dont have diagrams for the B3 plug, or the EA2 plug. (the link died)

Help!

Eldar.O.

WELL WELL WELL ELDAR O IS GOING A 1JZ IS HE??

i have them somewhere i'lld dig them up, if i can't find them i have them all printed somewhere.
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4

welcome to 1999

i ordered my cut like 4 weeks ago

main reasons are manual and MAP.

i need those connectors though!

Eldar.O.

try again on the supra6 site man, they are all working for me. otherwise i have all the docs off that site saved, i can email them to ya. but whats the B3 one?
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

the IG2 etc diagram has a "B3" plug there, i assume it needs to be wired up too? or am i wrong...?

my initial plan was to swap in the analouge dash, but ive realised i dont have the time to be pulling the dash etc out to get to the wiring, i cant have my interior in more peices than it is now, unless the dash comes out with a few screws here and there?

this would save me most of the trouble, as the IG1 connector looks like it controls the dash side of things, if its just the dash i have to pull off, and not the entire fan box etc. etc. then ill do that.

i just want to drive the damn thing!

on a good note, the links are working now, my adobe seemed a bit funky, so i uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, and its working shmick as!

Eldar.O.

Quote Originally Posted by EldarO
    unless the dash comes out with a few screws here and there?
    bahahahaha BAHAHAHAHAHA hahahahahha

i rest my case
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

ok, i guess not then

ill see when i get to my car, not having it in my own garage is more than just a slight pain in the ass!

i just picked up my jacar boost controller + hand controller + GTR solonoid... need to work out what goes where now

Eldar.O.

Eldar is officially up shit creek without a paddle.

NONE of these wiring diags match up to my plugs.

they either have too many connectors, or not enough.

arghies.

Eldar.O.