Hey All,

After having a poop load of issues with the fuel system in my GZE 86 I've decided to go for a complete overhaul of the fuel system.

I have found the fuel cell i want to use, JAZ 16gal (60.6 liter) with foam, the reason for the larger tank is i want to run E85 when my new engine is built so ill need to carry more fuel to get the same distance. I have also got a 90 ohm fuel level sender that just taps in to the cell.I'm on the lookout for a nice neat surge tank at the moment (sponsors plug away if you have something i may like).

Now the bit I'm having issues with is the fuel pumps, at the moment the car is running a pierburg pump as the lifter and a VL EFI pump.

Now i haven't pulled the fuel system apart completely yet to see if the lifter is inline or in tank yet, if its in tank then what should i look for to replace it with as far as inline ones go?

To replace the VL pump I've been looking at a Bosch 044 but the VL only works at 40psi and the 044 is up at 72.5 psi will the 044 produce too much pressure for the standard GZE fuel pressure reg? If it is what is needed to use a after market fuel reg?

Dose anyone here know much about E85 approved pumps or if they exist or if people are just using reg pumps and hoping for the best? Id rather just buy one lot of stuff to upgrade rather than one lot now for 98 oct then a new set for E85.

Cheers