Thread: 1JZ-GTE from JZS171 Crown wiring diagram?

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Default 1JZ-GTE from JZS171 Crown wiring diagram?

I could finally figure out what has happened to ask the right question. Sorry for that topic with 5-spd a/t.

So I ordered a full set of 1JZ-GTE from Japan, including wiring harness, ECU, engine and gearbox. It turned out (too late 'cause no one paid too much attention to electrics when physically installing the engine) that gearbox's connectors don't fit the rest of the harness.

It eventually become evident that the engine is from a 1999-2003 JZS171 Crown while the gearbox is from 1998-2001 JZX100 Chaser.

So I'm now in 2 troubles:
    1). None of the 1JZ-GTE wiring diagrams found in the web, or at least pin diagrams fit. They all show 4 connectors while the ECU 89661-3A660 have 5. So I can not even guess how to power it up.

2). I don't know what to do to the gearbox either. If I had its connectors pinout I would decide if I can convert one type of connectors to the other ones. Otherwise my best guess is to buy one more a/t which is extremely rare as I know so far.

Has anyone dealt with this exact modification of 1JZ? Or even guess where to find/d'load/buy/steal/etc the diagrams I need? Any minds are appreciated.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

RZN169R+2JZGTEVVTI+R151 Domestic Engineer madmont's Avatar

Default Re: 1JZ-GTE from JZS171 Crown wiring diagram?

Hi George
    I just happen to have the JZS171 wiring book in front of me PM your email to me and I can send some pictures
    Jealousy is a curse

Awesome mate! PM is on its way. Sorry I can't give something in return so far, though I received so many helpful messages from you.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

Problem solved, madmont's diagram fits the harness perfectly. If anyone needs it PM me your email.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

hello all i am doing a swap to my is200 with this jzs171 engine. will love to have some info a the jzs171 ecu wiring