Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I can't see ToyoDIY Diagrams...

Default Re: I can't see ToyoDIY Diagrams...

That's a top site too. Good find jack krakanajinkeraye
    ST205 Group A Rallye GT-Four 307kw atw @23 psi on 98oct, Now on E85.

1973 TA22

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

guys can you please stop posting links to competitor sites in our sponsor's threads? it's kinda rude...
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/vi...c.php?f=9&t=93

Voila!

edit: I might of missed something, not sure if posting this link is ok, if it's not just tell me and I'll pull it?
    Last edited by foamy; 08-03-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    guys can you please stop posting links to competitor sites in our sponsor's threads? it's kinda rude...
    Are they parts listing sites or sales sites?
    If all they offer is parts listings then whats the issue? Amayama is fucked if we cant enter part numbers.

nah some dudes were going "buy from these guys theyre hell cheap bla bla" which is a bit slack to do in a sponsor's thread. you cant see the posts because ive deleted them already. links to diagrams is of course fine
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/vi...c.php?f=9&t=93

Voila!

edit: I might of missed something, not sure if posting this link is ok, if it's not just tell me and I'll pull it?
    Stuff like that is definitely welcome

Junior Member Grease Monkey

1. Changing

Good work masterofsinanju
    Works a treat
    Love how the old stuff is still there with pictures

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Amayama is fucked if we cant enter part numbers.
    Not really , we encourage customers to submit 'text enquiries' if they don't know the part numbers. Have done from the start.

For catalogues with diagrams there are online ones like: http://www.epcdata.ru

It's in Russian with English parts descriptions, however just translate whole pages into English with Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/# or use Google Chrome and it'll do it automatically.

Just enter your vehicle's frame number into the field under the manufacturer's name and the following page will have categories for each section of the vehicle along with diagrams and part numbers.

It *won't* always work with foreign market (non-Japanese) VINs. For example Mitsubishi and Mazda will only work with Japanese market frame numbers.

edit: double post

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Thanks for the reminder Amayama.

However, what do you do if you do not know the relevant frame no. etc? For example my ra23 frame number has nothing to do with the engine i'm running.

Indeed, I'm quite the n00b about town and would not even know the name of many parts I'd be looking for. I used to rely on toyodiy pictures to find out what certain parts are properly called.

Junior Member Conversion King

Amayama provides an excellent service and I wouldn't stop using them despite the lack of images on Toyodiy. There are very little online suppliers that accept inquiries the way Amayama does and actually have a person output the results for you.
    You can't even gaurantee that level of commitment from a dealership service manager; usually that's only reserved for customers with their cars in their books.

I've found an online EPC with images that almost provides as good info as toyodiy did:

http://www.gforceparts.com/catalogs#/toyota/EU (substitute EU for JP etc. for Japanese models)

I do not endorse the parent website in any way, nor compare their intent in offering an online EPC in the same way toyodiy did.

I have actually obtained a copy myself of the EPC, 22GB worth. I am incredibly savvy when it comes to webhosting but unfortunately I can't offer that level of space to offer an image service the way toyodiy did.

If you want me to edit this post, please let me know.
    Last edited by maj; 11-03-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Quote Originally Posted by masterofsinanju View Post
    However, what do you do if you do not know the relevant frame no. etc? For example my ra23 frame number has nothing to do with the engine i'm running..
    I'm afraid there's not much that can be done in that case. It's possible that the parts you need don't have "multiples" available anyway (for example ehaust pipe hangers, there could be different part numbers for different models for each market) and in that case, only one possible part number shows up... bingo, no need for a frame number.
    But the unfortunate part for us and our customers is that the manufacturers don't take parts back, so therefore we don't accept them back if they're the wrong shape or size (or can't be modded to fit). That's why we make such a big deal about confirming part numbers, if we didn't the wrongly ordered part numbers would cost us a fortune every year by ending up as dead stock.

Quote Originally Posted by maj View Post
    Amayama provides an excellent service and I wouldn't stop using them despite the lack of images on Toyodiy. There are very little online suppliers that accept inquiries the way Amayama does and actually have a person output the results for you.
    You can't even gaurantee that level of commitment from a dealership service manager; usually that's only reserved for customers with their cars in their books..
    Thanks for posting your experience maj, much appreciated.

This section in Toymods is still the best source of reviews for Amayama, you all are very frank with your comments (maybe a bit too frank sometimes no it's all good) so please keep them coming. We need your constant feedback to continously improve our service.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Yeah, I completely understand the amayama business decision. I've found amayama really helpful on more than one occasion. I wouldn't expect incorrectly ordered parts to be returned and that's why Toyodiy was such a masssively good thing for guys like me.

Maj is right though. You guys are more valuable than perhaps most of us know.

Junior Member Conversion King

I'm sure the usual feedback is you guys take too long to reply to inquiries etc. I see it as a sign of a healthy business getting a lot of inquiries, I've never had one outside the 1-3 business days as expected so I don't know why people complain.
    Performing parts lookups, confirming stock and shipping takes time, multiply this by the boundless borders you guys have by running an Internet business as well as a traditional warehouse etc. Whilst offering such good prices, seriously?
    Everytime you guys turn it into a quote and I reply back, I receive fast responses, usually within an hour.

My only thought at the moment is that it would be cool for you guys to venture into the realm of aftermarket part supplying, e.g. TRD and tuner parts. However I'd imagine the way you would sell these would be different to the way you operate for OEM parts, but for me grabbing a set of TRD springs or oil filter along with the miriad of parts I usually need and bundling them all into one postage cost would be a good selling point.

Of course the tradeoff is once you diversify your product range, it becomes much harder to keep on top of and provide the level of service you currently do. There are already a lot of sites out there with parts with a price that have long since been discontinued.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic patrickleslie's Avatar

Everyone just needs to acquire one of these for their car, they've got a relatively good availability on eBay

- Patrick

* car blog here * Build thread about my MA61 * custom LED tail light write up here * diy tardis build here *

Quote Originally Posted by eeeyan View Post
    Best looking Nissan Gazelle ever. Lol.