Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HSD Coilover suspension

Cressyskidder Grease Monkey Bowlsclubboy's Avatar

Default Re: HSD Coilover suspension

www.driftworks.com use HSD system coilovers but i believe they change the colour of them and market them as driftworks coilovers...Their JZX81 chaser was recently fitted with the top of the line coilovers (im guessing remote canister) but i havent yet asked how they went about it.
    It really wouldnt be a big job to adapt a set of S14 gear for someone with a mill and a lathe. You just need to unscrew and throw away the bracket that attaches to the S14 stub axle, and turn up a mount (threaded the same size as the coilover body) just like the original one welded onto the bottom of MX83 struts, but with a thread instead of welded...
    ISC seemed more interested in helping though.

For anyone interested, R32 GTST rear coilovers are a direct fit i'm told...they're just slightly longer but unless you're a idiot scraping the chassis on the ground, it wont bother you.
    1992 MX83 Cressida Grande-1JZ-GTE...Actively Dori.

Forum Sponsor Automotive Encyclopaedia dori dori's Avatar

I will look into the driftworks coilovers but i doubt they are using off the shelf HSD stuff. When the HSD MX83 coilovers are ready we will be getting them.

I fail to see how we are not helping out MX83 owners.....just be patient.

I do not want to supply bits and pieces so someone can throw something together - i want them to be perfect.

And for the record JZA70 coilovers are a direct fit for the rear of a MX83.

Cheers,

HP Guru Backyard Mechanic driftedmz20's Avatar

bowlsclubboy - youd be correct driftworks has branded the HSD's and sells them as driftworks by HSD!

black by colour also

Junior Member Grease Monkey ollie83's Avatar

Has anybody on here fitted jza70 coilovers to their mx83? I would like to know what the ride height is etc?
    Grant would it be possible for you, if available, to measure the whole length of the jza70 coilover for me.
    If i remember correctly, the whole length of the stock strut (with spring etc all attached) on my cressida was 620mm.
    Also is it possible to buy just rears, and what would the price be for this?
    Cheers

Junior Member Grease Monkey zedrift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by driftedmz20
    bowlsclubboy - youd be correct driftworks has branded the HSD's and sells them as driftworks by HSD!

black by colour also
    Thats a slap in the face..Is HSD taking you for a ride Grant or a driftworks being supplied buy another regional department or somefin?

Can anyone show me a pic of the supposed Driftworks coilovers for JZX81? I looked on their site and can't fidn them.

Gavin, relax.

Sorry Grant .Im just tired of bouncing around the track on blown jics and i need a solution ASAP .There are going to be a few club comps i would like to enter in 09 and i want coilovers.

I am not suggesting you personally are doing anything wrong or that your being slack.it is just my opinion that HSD are dragging the chain.They cannot even provide a completion date.

Spoke with HSD and they said Driftworks are not using HSD coilovers for the JZX81 as they have not made them. They are however in the works for us (Otomoto) ad we we supplied them a set of MX83 coilovers which Zedrift kindly donated for the cause.

There is a good chance and HSD confirm this that Driftworks are use JIC product in that car.

Keep the faith people.

Cheers

Can you sell just rears or just fronts or are they only sold in complete sets?

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice parrott's Avatar

Hi Grant, im a mate of coFF33's , just wanting to purchase JZX90 HSD HR's , and wanting to know total cost posting to Perth 6008

Cheers!

Hi Parrott, PM sent.

Cheers

Hardly a Domestic Engineer Sciflyer's Avatar

Getting serious Ben

Grant i may be looking at a set of 2ndhand HRs, what price can i get additional springs for shipped to 6009?

Cressyskidder Grease Monkey Bowlsclubboy's Avatar

Ollie, for starters, JZA70 front use double wishbone so it will be nowhere near what you need for an MX83. I was near certain that the driftworks chaser wasn't using something that HSD had developed specifically for JZX81 otherwise it would be publically available...they must have shoved something together to make it work. After all, the car runs an S14 rack so it could well be running all S14 gear with custom LCAs.
    1992 MX83 Cressida Grande-1JZ-GTE...Actively Dori.

Junior Member Grease Monkey ollie83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bowlsclubboy
    Ollie, for starters, JZA70 front use double wishbone so it will be nowhere near what you need for an MX83. I was near certain that the driftworks chaser wasn't using something that HSD had developed specifically for JZX81 otherwise it would be publically available...they must have shoved something together to make it work. After all, the car runs an S14 rack so it could well be running all S14 gear with custom LCAs.
    Yeah, i was only really refering to the rears of the ma70 coilovers, but i didnt make it very clear in my post. And i found out that they dont fit without slight modification anyway (i.e. redrilling new hole)
    In regards to the driftworks gear, I actually talked to Ben, from driftworks and his exact words were...
    "Im afraid HSD won't be making a coilover for the JZX81, I actually modified my own set from an existing set in another fitment with a custom valved setup for 12/10 spring rates."

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by ollie83
    "Im afraid HSD won't be making a coilover for the JZX81."
    Well that is tremendously ghey wif teh aidz and neg repz to you ollie for destroying my dreams!!!