Thread: Cressida BC Coilovers

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Cressida BC Coilovers

Hey guys i'm in the market for a set of coilovers for my MX83 and i was thinking of going to the path of bc coilovers from Just Jap, just wanted to ask peoples opinions on these coilovers and if they are worth getting or should i try and get a set of JIC coilovers instead. thanks guys look forward to the feedback.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: Cressida BC Coilovers

ask jp as i know he just bought a set not to long ago. they look pretty good from what i see. let me know if you deside to get them as i would like to get some later on down the track.

Backyard Fabricator Automotive Encyclopaedia

I'd get a set of BC's again over JIC's. I've had two sets of jzx81 JIC's now and they were both like driving with no springs/shocks, just welded steel columns

I had my last set of JIC's rebuilt with softer shocks and installed a lower rate spring but they still weren't that great for a daily driver.

The BC's seem decent and come with everything required to install. On my JZX81 front swaybar I had to machine up some steel locating buses for the BC swaybar endlinks as the stud on the endlink was too small for the hole in the JZX81 swaybar. I'm not sure if the MX83 swaybar has a smaller hole in it. I also wasn't a fan of the BC's brake line attachment so I chopped the brake line mounts off the original MX83 struts and modded those to bolt up to the BC's also.

To install the BC's in the front you need to chop the stock struts off leaving 50mm of tube above the spindle, then weld the BC lower tubes to the stock spindles. The rears bolt in with no modifications required.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Ok thanks for the feedback guys. JP just wndering what spring rates you are using with the BC coilovers?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

i think they are 12kg front and 8kg rear.