Thread: 3TGTE crank trigger

Forum Member

Default 3TGTE crank trigger

Need some tech help as to removing the distributor and convert to a crank trigger system. Does anyone know of anyone who does this conversion. Thanks in advance.

Front Yard and Backyard Mechanic white_sandshoe's Avatar

Default Re: 3TGTE crank trigger

subscribed... also looking for this...

I've thought about cutting down the original dizzy and machining a keyway/adaptor to run a CA18 CAS... not sure if it'd work though...
    "Think of it like customer service, but the customer is *not* always right. And, you'd rather not have their repeat business." - Mullett

"well I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine is a good start for me..."

Junior Member Grease Monkey

with regard to the ca18 cas, if you look inside it, it can be driven by a shaft about 8mm round, with half of it machined off. you could easy enough machine the shaft in the centre of the dizzy to suit.

then you'd need to add some mounts to the body of the dizzy. it'd be a bit of work, but not insurmountible.
    so much stuff. so little time.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

I would avoid nissan CAS, the ones I have seen have two optical sensors, the oter ring having 360 slots which is difficult for some of aftermarket computers to read.

This thread pretty much cover it

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...=crank+trigger

This thread page 2 half way down shows a setup almost identical to mine, I use a different wheel that bolted stright on (refer to first link for an explanation). I use the same sensor as what is shown in the pictures, it a a EF/AU ford sensor, and I use a similar approach to mounting.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...ight=3tc+turbo

This approach will give you wasted spark, if you want COP then you need a home signal, the standard dizzy vr sensor (cutting the dizzy down leaving just the sensor) could provide this.

Roger

Junior Member Grease Monkey

i reckon this is a more betterer solution. i reckon the more common the parts used the better. you could probably steal most of the parts for this from wreckers.
    so much stuff. so little time.