Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale rules are difficult to find and crap

Junior Member Carport Converter Billzilla's Avatar

Default For Sale rules are difficult to find and crap

Don't you think it might be a good idea to actually post them so we know what they are? I looked everywhere I could and saw the thread I started didn't break any of them, yet it was taken down and because of a bullshit rule that isn't posted anywhere that can be found.
    FFS I'm trying to help someone that's puts a lot into the car scene but he can't be arsed going through all the crap you have to, to join this site so he can post his own advert so he asked me.
    It's not going to hurt anyone at all if one of the original members that started Toymods posts a thread for another long-term Toyota guy, so WTF is the problem?
    Last edited by Billzilla; 21-04-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    www.billzilla.org
    Toymods founding member #3

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Default Re: For Sale rules are shit

Click 'Forum Rules' at the top, there is a drop down tab for 'More Rules'. Select 'Classified Rules' and scroll down as the 'General Rules' still remain at the top.

The rules are there for everyone and its no different for club members, long term users or newbies. You tried 3 times to sell someone elses car, even passing off as your own.

Default Re: For Sale rules are difficult to find

Well I bought the car so it's mine now.
    And now I'm selling it.
    www.billzilla.org

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: For Sale rules are difficult to find and crap

Hi,

When you post in the classifieds for the first time you get the rules and click to say you have read them. Also, this has been a rule within the forums for a long, long time.

Also, the Forum Rules tab at the top of the page, as mentioned by Big Zop, shows you the rules listing, where you can click on the rules for classifieds. And, finally, in the forums on the main page, it says "Classifieds - Posting access in this section is restricted - read the rules before posting".

So, it's all there and it's not really hidden.

Anyway, congrats on buying the car and good luck with your sale.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    So, it's all there and it's not really hidden.
    I can't think of a way to make it harder to find, other than to simply not have it at all.
    How about some common sense and just put all the rules on one page instead of using what sense to a politician.
    www.billzilla.org

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Default Re: For Sale rules are difficult to find

Quote Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
    Well I bought the car so it's mine now.
    And now I'm selling it.
    I LOL'd

I think the reason is to stop people just using this site as a trading post. I understand that you bill have put alot of time and effort and information on the previous toymods forums and these but the rules have to apply for all and not just some.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

I Advertised a car that was from my own blood (brother) got it taken down (which is fair because of the rules) but then the person who bought it told me (think I was my brother) that he was one of the people that complained about my listing. Yet still co
    e and bought it. WTF. HahH
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

^^^ WTF. I don't have a brother. What just happened
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

lol, that's what I was thinking... I didn't realise you had a brother Kyle... wierd
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Seriously though. I don't!! Toymods/iPhone just flipped out. Weirdest thing ever.

Anyways back on topic!

As bad as it may be for some the rules are the rules. And opposed to what er the hell I kinda typed up there. I have had a car ad removed for violation of the rules even though it was my own flesh and bloods vehicle. But I seethe sense in that.
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

I know on the vBulletin software its easy to setup a Sticky link at the top of a forum, similar to a sticky thread.

Can this: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/misc.php?do=cfrules just be stickied to the top of each subforum.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Nay sayer Domestic Engineer Mr Ed's Avatar

New toymods logo suggestion?

I understand why board members must uphold the law, but as the law makers on here are you not open to suggestion with some rules such as this? The highest courts in the country will take common sense into account when interpreting the law, surely a bit of common sense can be used here also.

Had Bill just said the car was his from the first place there would be no problems at all. Knowing Bill somewhat, Im guessing the car is quite interesting too?

If a non-contributing member joins up and posts only to sell stuff I can understand the frustration, however having another car for members to pick from, vouched for by a reputable member....I struggle to see the logic in arguments against it. There is a far cry between this sort of thing and the forums 'becoming a trading post'.
    I used to eat alot of natural foods. That was until I learned that most people died of natural causes.

Hi,

Sure we are open to suggestions. We accept suggestions in the Clubhouse Section where financial Club members suggest changes and present ideas, which are discussed at the following Board meeting.

We are a forum, not a court of law. It is easier to have a fixed rule which comes with a fixed penalty. If we make allowances for one person, then we can be challenged for not showing the same leniency for another person.

It's not about who's a trustworthy good guy and who isn't... it's about a rule which is in place and if broken you get penalised. If we start being subjective on such breaches we will open a whole new can of worms.

And yes, if Bill had said the car was his in the first place then there would of been no problems. Whether the car is actually his or not makes no difference... as.. how would we know? However, any issues regarding the sale of the car would of been his responsibility.

seeyuzz
    river

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

The rules that have been written create a clear line in the sand for the Mods to work with. Creating rules for one type of user, and another set of rules for another type of user would blur that line, particularly for the newer Mods that may not be aware of the input that the likes of Bill have put in to the forums.

For reference the rule in question is in place so the creator of the ad, in threory, can answer all questions that may be asked in the thread (to the best of their knowledge) and, from a legal point of view, they have ownwership and control of the item being sold (not just permission from the owner) as the Board have no comeback if a Club Member user is screwed over by the external party.

Takai - your suggestion is valid, however the forums rules tab is also at the top of every thread. I think what Billzilla has un-covered is the main section of the rules needs to be re-worded to indicate how to find the specific rules.

Bill, Personally I have no issue with you advertising, however the Board has put the line in the sand and, they need to be followed. I will however re word the front page of the global forum rules to indicate that there are other forum specific rules, and how to find them.

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Hi,

Lambo, I think the rules are clearly evident. There's a Forum Rules on the red bar at the top of the page, with a drop down box to show specific rules in each section. The classifieds themselves specifically mention that posting is restricted and to read the rules. Do you really think a sticky is going to be noticed?

We talk about nanny states. Are we are going to add more rules-signage for the small minority at the detriment of the vast portion of users who know the rules, or how to get to them.

Why not just enforce every one who creates a new post in the For Sale section to have to read the classified rules section and agree before they can continue?

seeyuzz
    river