Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Sale rules are difficult to find and crap

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Default Re: For Sale rules are difficult to find and crap

Yes, I think it is the drop down box that Bill had trouble locating, I was indicating that in the front page of the rules, I would highlight the pulldown box's location for additional forum specific rules.

How are the financials going?

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_2jza70 View Post
    The highest courts in the country will take common sense into account when interpreting the law,
    actually that is not true. there is no "common sense" in law.
    they may have "discretion", but nothing to do with common sense
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

the selling on behalf of someone else thing is quite simple. we dont want scam artists on here ripping people off like on boostcruising. so you can only sell your own stuff through your account, makes it easier to follow the trail if something goes awry in a sale
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Nay sayer Domestic Engineer Mr Ed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas View Post
    actually that is not true. there is no "common sense" in law.
    they may have "discretion", but nothing to do with common sense
    Laws are CHANGED in the high court and yes common sense is used. District courts, your right as they have less power....the high court can effectively do what ever the fuck it wants, under the guidelines of the constitution. The constitution is all about 'just cause' and such, Toymods could benefit from following similar guidelines.

Im disturbed that not only do you think the common sense has no place in the justice system, but that you appear to think if that were true it would be completely acceptable in the court system, as well as within car clubs run by supposedly intelligent people.
    I used to eat alot of natural foods. That was until I learned that most people died of natural causes.

Gaters gonna Gate Conversion King Stomps's Avatar

Not that i necessarily agree with all the rules on this forum.... but i have to say, the mods, board, whoever makes the decisions.. have been quite flexible and open to suggestion on some rules..

Eg.. the "no wanted ads in your sig rule"

The way it was worded didnt allow any form of classified in your sig.. with the purpose of not allowing members who have not met the criteria into the classifieds section....when in reality everyone had access to the wanted section anyway so it was quite pointless...

not so common sense prevailed in the end and the rule was changed... albeit after repeated infractions etc...

so you gotta hand it to em... they do listen.. just present a decent argument (beyond.. "this is shit") and im sure they will take it into consideration..

i have personally sold itmes for my bro, my mates, my cousin etc... all without hassle... i just found if someone wanted detailed info about the item i would give them the owners contact details.. quite often they would work it out from there..

Maybe that could be a rule.. if selling for someone else, provide their full name, contact number etc....

dunno.. just a suggestion..

Stomps

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica View Post
    Yes, I think it is the drop down box that Bill had trouble locating, I was indicating that in the front page of the rules, I would highlight the pulldown box's location for additional forum specific rules.

How are the financials going?

Cheers
    Simon
    Yeah, when i went looking before i had a few issues finding the dropdown box. Simply put on a high res screen, the box blends in exceedingly well. Its white on a white background, and on my monitor there is a 1px border aroudn it, with a 5px arrow to indicate a dropdown. When my native resolution is 2540x1920px then its a touch hard to find.

It would be much easier on older machines with lower screen resolutions than it is now, and we will continue to have these problems as screen resolutions get higher and screens bigger.

Simply adding this:
    Code:
    style="font-size:14px; height:20; border: 2px solid #C0C0C0; background: #CC0000; width:100px"
    To the <select> box would help
    Perhaps with a little
    Code:
    <input style="background-color: #cc0000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px; color: white;" value="Go" onclick="javascript:functiontochangeforms()" name="button" type="button">
    next to it.
    Last edited by takai; 23-04-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

I haven't read through all the replies, but until i saw this i didn't even know there WAS a dropdown box on the rules page.

Sticky IN the section would surely make more sense..
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I have put in a sticky in the Toyotas For Sale section.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Opinionated Arsehole Backyard Mechanic

Bill, irrelevant if you should be honoured with complimentary life membership for what you've done around here, you must respect their authority !

No, it is neither fair, nor reasonable, but that is the way this place is ran these days, by those voted in are dictating it as such, under a belief that's what's best for the longevity of the forum and club.
    We don't have an option of liking it, just assimilation and acceptance (if we desire to hang around).
    Sadly, a LOT of the first year founders have decided to leave, and take that history and knowledge with them.
    I hope you don't do the same.
    Punctuation is the difference between...
    'I helped my Uncle, Jack, off his horse'
    and...
    'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by 4DaDrift View Post
    Bill, irrelevant if you should be honoured with complimentary life membership for what you've done around here, you must respect their authority !

No, it is neither fair, nor reasonable, but that is the way this place is ran these days, by those voted in are dictating it as such, under a belief that's what's best for the longevity of the forum and club.
    We don't have an option of liking it, just assimilation and acceptance (if we desire to hang around).
    Sadly, a LOT of the first year founders have decided to leave, and take that history and knowledge with them.
    I hope you don't do the same.
    LOL, listen to you!!! Full of spit and vinegar as usual. You never change, do you? It doesn't matter what we do, or how much time we volunteer to run these forums and the Club, you still come out with the same sporadic shit.

You have never added anything of value to these forums. You rarely turn up to an event or meeting. You don't do anything whatsoever to help the forums or the Club. But you are very vocal in coming up with smartarse comments and derogatory attacks.

Over the years we keep saying to you that you can join the Board and put your money where your mouth is and help change things. As expected, you never do. You just sit in the corner, do nothing, except come out with the most unhelpful and pointless posts.

As it appears you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to make changes and assist, I suggest you do the next best thing and just go away. And please, don't come back. The forums are obviously not to your liking, and as you lack the balls to do anything positive about it, please vanish.

seeyuzz
    river

Opinionated Arsehole Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    Hi,

LOL, listen to you!!! Full of spit and vinegar as usual. You never change, do you? It doesn't matter what we do, or how much time we volunteer to run these forums and the Club, you still come out with the same sporadic shit.

You have never added anything of value to these forums. You rarely turn up to an event or meeting. You don't do anything whatsoever to help the forums or the Club. But you are very vocal in coming up with smartarse comments and derogatory attacks.

Over the years we keep saying to you that you can join the Board and put your money where your mouth is and help change things. As expected, you never do. You just sit in the corner, do nothing, except come out with the most unhelpful and pointless posts.

As it appears you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to make changes and assist, I suggest you do the next best thing and just go away. And please, don't come back. The forums are obviously not to your liking, and as you lack the balls to do anything positive about it, please vanish.

seeyuzz
    river
    Let's start here...
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...25#post1090325
    One of your cronies takes your words of wisdom literally, and decides to give me an infraction, despite your actions resulting in my reaction, that being one said reply ( Flaming user / personal attack or inciting argument ).
    I would of had no need to respond, if you didn't initiate it with your snide remarks, and even then, you took it too far, what with your authoritarian attitude !

Let's go onto this post of yours, shall we (wee what fun, you ARE enjoying this attention, right ?)

Do you suffer from short term memory loss ?
    I ask, as when you review the response you made here...
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...7&postcount=40
    To my question, I'm sure one could be mistaken for being confused and wondering weather you're talking about two separate people.

Let's get this straight, I care not for the self centric, authoritarian, arrogant, snide, smug, elitist bullying attitude a minority exude in Olympic swimming polls towards me and others that dare to speak up and out about what they perceive to be issues.
    Who in their right mind would volunteer their time towards a board that is, as a majority, hostile towards them and how do you propose I get to these meetings and be a part of the board without any viable transportation option ?
    It would achieve nothing but conflict, and that is something I desire to actually avoid (believe it or not).
    I've provided options for consideration of new locations close to transport, I've made suggestions to allow remote participation by members in these meetings and have suggested other ideas, only to receive the typical smartarse retorts along the lines of "why don't you do it then ?"

To further retort your arrogant miss informed attitude of me doing nothing, I constantly question Yota owners if they know about this site, and if not, sign up, as there is some good knowledge and people in the forums here (I also used to suggest becoming a member, yet for unknown reasons, don't bother with that now).
    As an interesting side to this, (it's surprising and sad how often I hear from people that know about the site commenting about the general feel of the club being very elitist)

The rules apply to more than just people you don't like.
    I cite my question earlier as an example of the rules being adapted to suit the needs of a minority, over that of the rules being applied to everyone.
    This also goes to Flaming users / personal attacks and inciting arguments (which you were full well would be the result of your actions) yet I see that despite following the right channels, your remarks remain in the open and no apology/infraction has been set forth.

Let's see what me having the balls to dare make a retort achieves in a positive light.
    I dare say for my efforts, I will achieve multiple infractions and perhaps a ban, despite following the advise handed down to us disciples by the custodians.

TL_DR note, please stop acting out in a bullying nature towards me, I do NOT appreciate it !
    Punctuation is the difference between...
    'I helped my Uncle, Jack, off his horse'
    and...
    'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

Hi,

There are no cronies in these forums. What we have is over 14,000 registered users and, they are all individuals and have their own thoughts and feelings upon what they like and dislike. Your reference to anyone who disagrees with you, or repsonds to you via a curt reply or an infraction, is someone who you beleive to be a cronie. This belittles them and makes a mockery of your complaints about flaming people.

If you get any rep, be it plus or minus, or an infraction, then try and understand that it comes from someone who feels how they do and not because they are a mindless cronie, or that I have asked them to do such a thing on my (or the admins or the Clubs) request.

You mistake my arrogance for insufferable patience and annoyance, as you still come into these forums with a chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind.

I have not seen any bullying by other forums members nor by the forum admins, unless disagreeing with you or challenging you to actually input something useful is regarded as bully tactics.

I'm not sure if you have a deep-seated anti-authoritarian attitude only towards the Toymods Board and Forum Admins, or if it is something more intrinsic within your nature and you feel this way towards any form of authority in society.

We have rules of the forums and, as admins, we try to uphold those rules as best as we can. We have a section for Club Members to offer input for the Board to review for changes, and we have implemented such recommendations. If you regard this as overt authoritarism then that's your problem.

I'd rather not have the attention and become imbroiled in responding to your illogical ravings, but to ban you would be too easy and a crude display of power, and to ignore you would assume you are too insignificant to bother with. So, I take the middle ground and hopefully become enlightened to what is actually your problem.

seeyuzz
    river

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4DaDrift View Post
    Who in their right mind would volunteer their time towards a board that is, as a majority, hostile towards them and how do you propose I get to these meetings and be a part of the board without any viable transportation option ?
    i've heard of these cars made by a company called "Toyota".
    Apparently they are not too bad quality-wise and some people modify them, but you could just buy one and drive it without going to the extreme step of modifying it
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!