Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1ggte wiring issues, NEED HELP NOW! added video (it runs)

Junior Member Grease Monkey 81hilux09's Avatar

Default 1ggte wiring issues, NEED HELP NOW! added video (it runs)

hay guys wiring up my gen3 1ggte into my hilux, got pretty much most of it sorted but when IGN is on, PIN 6 on the ecu which is fuel pump control relay runs to my fuel pump relay as the switch wire but doesn't turn on the pumps??

have tested it with a 12v line to the switch and they turn on. i am using a bosch relay with power in, gnd, switch, 2x acc out.

is there anything else i should be looking out for as well with the stock ecu? im using a a/t ecu and have joined the two parking switch wires together for fool it.

also which ground wire do i actually ground. on the ecu pinout it has about 6 different ones?

thanks guys

Curt
    Last edited by 81hilux09; 09-04-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: need help

Default Re: 1ggte wiring issues

sorted.
    does anyone know what i have to do with a auto ecu and loom to make it run with a manual box? on a gen3 ecu too..
    THnks
    curt

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 81hilux09 View Post
    sorted.
    does anyone know what i have to do with a auto ecu and loom to make it run with a manual box? on a gen3 ecu too..
    THnks
    curt
    On the automatic loom you have to bridge the two wires for the park inhibitor (stops the car from being turned on when the gearbox isn't in park).

From what I can remember wht/blk spliced together enable the bypassing of the inhibitor. - That was for a gen1 1g though.

ok i found mine, its on a auto gen3 loom.
    there is a round plug with 3 thick wires, two are blk/blue and blk/white i think ( not the blk/red one anyway), bridged them and it cranks now.
    only drama now is i have no idea about the wiring the std ecu off the wiring diagram, so its not going anywhere until i get a pro in

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

you will also need to bridge the NSS, neutral start switch.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

yeah i'm over it atm.. had enough of thinking i have it right and it don't working at all.. have someone coming around on wednesday to sort it out for me.

ok the guy was no help at all.. i have tried to follow the wiring diagram but i must be doing something wrong (ie tried to setup cor and efi relay the same way)
    atm i have m-rel as switch on relay, acc out is the thick blk/red ( which should power ignitor etc) power in on relay is just const 12v.
    i ran ign power to thick blk/orange wire for powering injectors..

i need some help plz!

i have found this on another post, is it anything to go by..
    BATT should have a continuous +12v supply,

+B and +B1 should be connected to +12v power supply when the ignition is on. now these 2 relays for b+ and +b1 are triggered by the ecu output wire M-rel.

IGSW should have a +12v power supply when the ignition is in the run position.

STA should receive a +12v signal from the ign switch when the key is in the START pos. the ecu wants to know when your cranking because it doesnt know what position the engine is in otherwise.

Fuel pump relay trigger wire: trace the wire from the AFM. it grounds when the AFM flap is open. i think its a green wire.

injector bank supply: i think this is a thick black wire with a yellow strip (check this). this should have a heavy duty +12v power supply when the ign is on.

questions.

1.blk/yellow (1) - const 12v
    2.grey/? (2) - ign 12v
    3.thick black/red -
    4.thick black/orange -
    5.thin blk/red x2 (+b/b+ on ecu, do i send power to this or does it get power off something else? and where in the loom will i find the other end?) -
    6. ground wires that come out of injector part of loom, bolt to intake manifold, are there anymore?
    7.green wire from afm( i have connected to fuel pump relay as ground, so when engine is running relay is on, when engine isn't relay is off.

is there something i have missed completly cos this is killing me!

thanks guys

curt

Toymods Club Member Backyard Mechanic auto351's Avatar

Default Re: 1ggte wiring issues, NEED HELP NOW!

but when IGN is on, PIN 6 on the ecu which is fuel pump control relay runs to my fuel pump relay as the switch wire but doesn't turn on the pumps??

Curt
    I think you are refering to PIN 6 on plug "O" EPR this is used to run a relay which switch a resistor is series with the fuel pump when cranking, so there should only be power when cranking, this pin provides power to the relay

questions/Answers

1.blk/yellow (1) - const 12v YES
    2.grey/? (2) - ign 12v YES
    3.thick black/red - PIN NUMBER
    4.thick black/orange - PIN NUMBER
    5.thin blk/red x2 (+b/b+ on ecu, do i send power to this or does it get power off something else? and where in the loom will i find the other end?) - SEND POWER from M-REL relay
    6. ground wires that come out of injector part of loom, bolt to intake manifold, are there anymore? INJECTORS ONE SIDE is POWER FROM IGN the other END to PIN 11,12 PLUG "S" there are no ground wires on injectors
    7.green wire from afm( i have connected to fuel pump relay as ground, so when engine is running relay is on, when engine isn't relay is off. YES

is there something i have missed completly cos this is killing me!

thanks guys

curt
    what is not happening , eg not cranking, fule pump not running ?
    Last edited by auto351; 08-04-2010 at 08:26 PM.

thanks for that,
    i have the engine cranking but the starter wire from the barrell goes to the thick blk/white wire (F1 plug) then i have bridged the wires in the engine bay, then thick blk/blue wire goes into pin 22 on the "O" ecu plug to activate STA pin on ecu which is connected to the starter motor. does this sound right or is there an easier way?

3.pin 7 on F1 plug as below ( this ties into the thinner b+ wires going into the ecu further down the loom. so do i just send power from the m-rel to this wire?
    4. pin 14 on F1 plug ( big yellow connector near ecu) this one branches off further down the loom twice, think it runs to the injectors.

what i meant by the ground wires is that there is a set of 4 wires but in two seperate lots. they are in the same section as the injectors, tps, cold start etc. i know they bolt to the inlet manifold but is there any other ground wires that need to be earthed?\

now is there anything apart from what i have mentioned that i need to get this thing running?

thanks for your help auto351

Junior Member Conversion King timbosaurus's Avatar

Mate, I'm not thinking too straight (long day) and haven't got any notes in front of me... but maybe these recollections will help.

Injector wiring
    There are three colours of wires going to the injectors. Black/orange is the 12V supply, white and black (IIRC) are the two Injector ground wires running back to the 26pin ECU plug (1G fires in two batches of 3 injectors). These actually break out in various places, so you might see 6-7 wires, but they are still only 3 colours.

Fuel pump wiring
    There are three parts to this - the COR (5 wires/6 pins), the fuel pump resistor (big alloy heatsink looking thing with 2 wires), and a relay to switch the resistor in/out (4 wires).
    The COR needs:
    Pin1 - This is an output, and should go to pin1 on fuel pump resistor relay you should see 12 V here whenever you expect the pump to run
    pin2 - ignition voltage supply from main relay (M-rel) This must supplu enough current to run fuel pump and you should see 12V here when key is in ignition.
    pin3 - STA signal comes from key barrel (maybe through a fuse, and also through the neutral start switch). Also runs to ECU 22pin connector as an ECU input
    pin4 - This wire runs to the AFM, and is a switch (to ground) that opens/closes with the AFM flap. You should be able to monitor this with a mulitmeter as you fiddle with the AFM flap and see it go open circuit, then ground.
    pin5: no connection
    pin6 - ground - unplug connector, and check that the wiring loom is grounded (check this with a multimeter)

If all the above are correct, you should see 12V at the output (pin1) when the engine wants to run

the other two components are pretty simple, so I doubt they are you problem, but if you get this far and the car still doesn't run, let me know. I need sleep now though.

Good luck,
    Timbo
    Current rides...
    2) White RA25ST
    1) Red RA28LT (NOW WITH 1G )

thanks for that,
    i have the engine cranking but the starter wire from the barrell goes to the thick blk/white wire (F1 plug)Pin 10 ?? then i have bridged the wires in the engine bay, then thick blk/blue wire goes into pin 22 on the "O" ecu plug to activate STA pin on ecu which is connected to the starter motor. does this sound right or is there an easier way? This sounds OK

3.pin 7 on F1 plug as below ( this ties into the thinner b+ wires going into the ecu further down the loom. so do i just send power from the m-rel to this wire? The M-REL should be driving the main EFI relay use the switched power from this relay for B & B+ , but see comments below outside quotes
    4. pin 14 on F1 plug ( big yellow connector near ecu) this one branches off further down the loom twice, think it runs to the injectors. Pin 14 F1 connects to the ignition , this is the power feed to the injectors

what i meant by the ground wires is that there is a set of 4 wires but in two seperate lots. they are in the same section as the injectors, tps, cold start etc. i know they bolt to the inlet manifold but is there any other ground wires that need to be earthed?\

now is there anything apart from what i have mentioned that i need to get this thing running?

thanks for your help auto351
    This is were i got my wiring diagrams
    http://www.supra.co.nz/1g.htm

3.pin 7 on F1 plug as below ( this ties into the thinner b+ wires going into the ecu further down the loom. this should be grounded base on the above diagrams

So the engine is cranking, is there a spark & is the fuel pump running?
    Once the ECU get the signal from the dissy it will start to fire the plugs and injectors
    Last edited by auto351; 09-04-2010 at 08:14 AM.

ok this is how i set it up.
    EFI relay:
    power in - IGN
    Switch - M-REL
    ACC out - switch on fuel pump relay ( i'm not running the 2 speed pump thing)
    earth - earth

Fuel pump -
    Power in - const 12v
    switch - from efi relay
    acc out - fuel pumps
    earth - green wire from afm

THICK blk/orange - IGN 12V ( wire was in yellow connection near ignitor)

thick blk/red - grounded ( this is connected to B+/B+1 on the loom aswell, i thought this needed powering?)

blk/yellow (pin 1 ecu) - const 12v
    grey (pin 2 ecu)- ign 12v

does this sound ok..

how can i tell if the dizzy is sending a signal to the ecu?
    whats the best way to check spark aswell?

Curt

ok this is how i set it up.
    EFI relay:
    power in - IGN
    Switch - M-REL
    ACC out - switch on fuel pump relay ( i'm not running the 2 speed pump thing)
    earth - earth

Fuel pump -
    Power in - const 12v
    switch - from efi relay
    acc out - fuel pumps
    earth - green wire from afm

THICK blk/orange - IGN 12V ( wire was in yellow connection near ignitor)

thick blk/red - grounded ( this is connected to B+/B+1 on the loom aswell, i thought this needed powering?)

blk/yellow (pin 1 ecu) - const 12v
    grey (pin 2 ecu)- ign 12v

does this sound ok..

how can i tell if the dizzy is sending a signal to the ecu?
    whats the best way to check spark aswell?

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by auto351 View Post

3.pin 7 on F1 plug as below ( this ties into the thinner b+ wires going into the ecu further down the loom. this should be grounded base on the above diagrams
    I wasnt clear with this above,
    I was refering to Pin 7 on F1 should be grounded, I read it as you connected Pin 7 F1 being connected to B+.
    yes B+ must be powered.

What do you mean by Switch - M-REL above

If the spark plugs are firing then the dissy is sending a signal, this is the only way I know of testing.

when checking for spark remove the extra high voltage lead from the coil to dissy put a spark plug on the end, ground the threaded end of the plug & crank, DONT hold the spark plug it can hurt.

ITS ALIVE!!!!! Thanks to auto351 and timbo for all your help!! +rep all round!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21c0bneqO68

now... lol..
    the TVIS thing is unpluged, what do i do to keep it open?

Curt
    Last edited by 81hilux09; 09-04-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: video was wrong

Default Re: 1ggte wiring issues, NEED HELP NOW! added video (it runs)

curt,

Good going.

the TVIS default position is opened, so I think by plugging it in it has actually closed?.
    Removing the vacuum line from the actuator will fix the TVIS opened if you wanted that.

also there is a saftey CCT in the AFM which should be wired into the fuel pump system, this stop the fuel pump when the engine stops.