Thread: Mega Squirt 1G-GTE

Junior Member Grease Monkey Mr Multivalve's Avatar

Default Mega Squirt 1G-GTE

Does anyone on toymods have a Mega Squirt 1G-GTE setup. I would be interested to hear how it is going and what was involved to get it running, costs etc..?
    Corona Creed:
    Good to Drink, Great to Drive, keep them separate to stay Alive!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Default Re: Mega Squirt 1G-GTE

no-one here has done this particular engine yet, but it would be similar to a 3SGE conversion (similar dizzi configuration of 24 tooth wheel plus 2 x single teeth wheels) and the few 7mgte conversions that have been discussed on www.msefi.com.

Currently listed successes are here and i'm just about to join them.

There's someone in Sydney who has done 3SGE conversion using all the stock sensors (a search of here or of the old forums should dredge up a name).

you biggest issue is going to be a lack of fuel and spark maps not hardware configuration... is a lot of work to get various bits setup but then a new world of tuning and tweaking will follow

I'd suggest:
    use the 24-tooth wheel and modify it to a 12-1 wheel (remove 2 teeth at the right spot)
    run 3 x waste-spark coil packs (so you get more room for that big-single turbo )
    run MsnS-Extra
    You'd need a single VR interface and 3 coil drivers - all very simple to setup if using circuits from here.

cheers,
    Charles.

Hey thanks for that.

Looks like a good system but it would probably take me forever to set it up as I am not experienced in electronics etc.. I want to keep my car running as i need it for work transport.
    I was curious to see what sort of power one would get out of a relatively stock 1G
    Corona Creed:

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Somewhere around the 150rwkw mark is totally achievable with the factory ECU, the 160-170rwkw mark is about where you'll get with an aftermarket ECU. This is assuming factory Gen3 turbos.
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

My RT142 was dynoed with 155rwkw by the last owner @ 15psi. With a small fmic, but I have a bigger one to put on and hopefully aftermarket management in the near future, gotta replace my stock turbos as I think they are on their last legs.

Thanks for the info
    Corona Creed: