Thread: Caliper mount bracket/dust backing plate - Torque specs - AE86 or simular

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

Default Caliper mount bracket/dust backing plate - Torque specs - AE86 or simular

Hey guys,

Iam just in the process of installing a brake kit (Hopper Stopper) in my AE86.

But I am having trouble finding the bolt torque specs for the bracket that mounts around the stub axle, AKA bracket that the calipers mount to AKA dust backing plate (4 bolts (7T's)).

I have the Manual for the AE86 and a few other corolla and crown manuals too, but nowhere does it have the torque specs for these actual bolts. I have done a net search and found nothing.

I Have done one side or the car and torqued them up to the same recomended torque that the actual caliper mounts to the bracket in question, which is 58 ft-lbs. But I thought i'd better check this before going further, incase it's not sufficient.

If someone has these bolt torque specs or can give me some idea of how tight they should be, that would be great.

Thanks,

JoJo
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

Traditionalist Domestic Engineer parrot's Avatar

Default Re: Caliper mount bracket/dust backing plate - Torque specs - AE86 or simular

650 kg-cm / 47 ft-lb

Just noticed you have th emanual. Have a look at page A-11 (Service specifications - Brake system) at the back of the manual.
    Last edited by parrot; 19-02-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Cam mountain I feel different from the ordinary

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Default Re: Caliper mount bracket/dust backing plate - Torque specs - AE86 or simular

For things which are related to your safety, when in doubt FT.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parrot View Post
    650 kg-cm / 47 ft-lb

Just noticed you have th emanual. Have a look at page A-11 (Service specifications - Brake system) at the back of the manual.
    Sweet thanks man. I had missed those pages...
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1