Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: was slapped with an infraction for advertising a TOYOTA ENGINED vehicle in for sale

cruisin in a z30 Automotive Encyclopaedia -=DV=-'s Avatar

Default was slapped with an infraction for advertising a TOYOTA ENGINED vehicle in for sale

now im not expert, but when the subforum description says

"Toyotas For Sale
    List your Toyota or Toyota engined vehicle for sale here."

one would assume that you can advertise a vehicle that is toyota powered for sale, if this is the case, why in the fuck was i served with an infraction for advertising my 1GGTE powred bmw for sale?

can we please get some mods that know their own rules, this is getting out of hand.
    JZZ30 Soarer

wow....only one toyota now, at one point i owned 6....whats happened to me :S

Default Re: was slapped with an infraction for advertising a TOYOTA ENGINED vehicle in for sa

oh, and can we please get my thread unlocked, the moderators post taken out of the thread, and a written apology by the moderator for not even taking the time to know the forums rules, or even read the full title of the thread. thank you.
    JZZ30 Soarer

Junior Member Carport Converter Z2TT's Avatar

Default Re: was slapped with an infraction for advertising a TOYOTA ENGINED vehicle in for sa

Ahh yes.. You were slammed with the "Since when is a BMW a Toyota" and you got your thread locked straight away, it even says in the thread it has a 1g-gte.
    Maybe the mod didn't like your car because it's an E30

hahahaha possible, id like to see the mods privelages pulled as they clearly have no idea what they are doing, and have a serious attitude problem while going about it
    JZZ30 Soarer

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

This quote from another thread is quite apt...........

"The other thing you guys overlook is the not all cops are ex-mechanics or even car hobbists. Most of them, even the highway patrol ones, wouldn't know a cut spring or an illegal engine conversion if it jumped up and bit them on the ass."

Just replace "cops" with moderator
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

mate, before i posted i checked that i could advertise the car there, exactly where it says, in print, right under the forum name. if a mod can not do the same thing, perhaps they are doing the wrong job?

i get your point, but theres a big difference between the vast amount of modifications you can make to a car and the different shades of greys surrounding the legality of each, and one simple black and white rule on a subforum, dont you think?
    JZZ30 Soarer

Nay sayer Domestic Engineer Mr Ed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -=DV=- View Post
    hahahaha possible, id like to see the mods privelages pulled as they clearly have no idea what they are doing, and have a serious attitude problem while going about it
    Jebus, calm down. Its a simple over sight, its not like they took to your car with a baseball bat.
    I used to eat alot of natural foods. That was until I learned that most people died of natural causes.

id be alot calmer if the attitude with which the thread was closed wasnt so rediculous.

when you put shit on somebody and you are wrong, expect it to come back in spades.

when you cant eat the humble pie served to you by the person you wronged, and make threats about being a mod ect...expect them to be PISSED
    JZZ30 Soarer

has no Toyota anymore :( Conversion King tooch's Avatar

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Now I have Calmed Down over this rubbish I am here to Reply.
    Yes I made a mistake.
    Yes I locked a thread and handed out an infraction.
    Yes it was an oversite.
    The thread was reopened. The infraction Was reversed.

BUT.....

The Abusive Pm and the Attitude I got for making a mistake was uncalled for when a simple Pm just stating that a mistake had been made was all that was needed. Just like another Forum member did about 5 seconds before you first Pm.
    I am only human and no human is perfect.
    As For the "threats" I do not See how Advising you to look at how you speak to people as a threat.

So. I am Sorry for my mistake. But I will not Apologise for my "bad Attitude" as you keep putting it after the Abuse I copped in the first place.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

and the need for the smart ass attitude and comment that you closed the thread with? thats what pissed me off and made me bite, if you simply stated that "the vehicle advertised is not a toyota and cannot be advertised" i would have simply sent you a pm pointing out that it has a toyota engine and is fine to advertise by what i had found.

i dont see the need to be a smart ass when closing the thread, or any thread in that matter, you represent the club, and in doing so have a responsibility to be diplomatic about such things. it was an insult to me, as i had already checked the rules to make sure i could advertise and i had a moderator trying to be a smart ass and make me look like an idiot on a public forum.

to adress the threat, when you are a smart ass to sombody, AND wrong, you can expect that person to bite back pretty damn hard. and when they do so..implying that one should watch how they speak to moderators can be taken as somewhat of a threat.

here it is in full below
    "Kirsty..if you take the time to read your OWN forum description you will find that it says exactly this

"Toyotas For Sale

toyota, OR TOYOTA ENGINED VEHICLE

being that the engine is a TOYOTA 1ggte (if you were too ignorant to even read the thread title)
    the vehicle is TOYOTA ENGINED, making it perfectly fine for sale under your guidelines,
    i am complying with ALL FORUM RULES AND DESCRIPTIONS

i expect you to take more time to understand your own guidlines and rules
    i expect this infraction to be removed, the thread to be unlocked and your post to be removed from it

this is absolutely ludacris, to recieve an infraction for COMPLYING WITH THE GUIDLINES"

apart from the comment about being too ignorant to read the thread title or understand the forum guidlines (which was just and true as you were not aware that either the car was 1g powered as it states in caps in the title, or that people are allowed to advertise toyota powered cars of other makes)

i dont see the abuse you speak of, can you please bold it and i will be happy to discuss/apologise for it.
    JZZ30 Soarer

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

as much as i hate putting images in threads... lighten up....
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

DV,

So tell me, did you go home and kick the dog too ?

As a heads up, most people dont like being called ignorant. It doesn't tend to work in your favour and a further hint on how to win friends and influence people, you dont need any help to look bad.

All emotion aside and with the joys of a modern digital word the simple facts are as follows:

At 14:01 you were infracted:
    User Name -=DV=-
    Left By Kirsty2520
    Date 14:01, 16th Feb 2010
    Expired Infraction (Points: 10) BMW's Are not Toyotas and therefore should not be listed in Toyota's for sale

At 14.11 you posted this:
    now im not expert, but when the subforum description says

"Toyotas For Sale

one would assume that you can advertise a vehicle that is toyota powered for sale, if this is the case, why in the fuck was i served with an infraction for advertising my 1GGTE powred bmw for sale?

can we please get some mods that know their own rules, this is getting out of hand.

At 14.15 your infraction was reversed - Complete with appology.
    User Name Kirsty2520
    Date 14:15, 16th Feb 2010
    Reversal Reason I stuffed up. My Appoligies

At 14:21 you were sill too busy carrying on and making demands to acknowledge the error had already been corected and posted this:

Since then you have carried on like a pork chop for what is now over 5 hours for what was 14 minutes of a thread being closed !
    Yes a mistake was made and it was corrected (inside 15 minutes !). I dont see any smart ass content or threats made in your infraction (as posted above for the world to see)

Get a life !
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Seriously dude chill the fuck out, I personally pm'd kirsty politely to advise her of the mistake as I knew you'd have a hissy fit was hoping you weren't online and it all could of been rectified before you saw it.

Kind of hypocritical to go ape at someone at an oversight considering said for sale thread had incorrect details in it as well. You need to understand what constructive criticism at times instead of going off the deepend and making yourself look like a complete ass.
    If in doubt power out

Front Yard and Backyard Mechanic white_sandshoe's Avatar

Hey, this thread reminds me of my tantrum from yesterday...

To quote a classic song by Bobby McFerrin. "Don't worry... Be Happy..."

"dooooooo doo doo doo doo doode doode doode doooooo..."
    "Think of it like customer service, but the customer is *not* always right. And, you'd rather not have their repeat business." - Mullett

"well I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine is a good start for me..."