Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** Drag Racing at WSID, Wednesday 24th February - Racing Starts 6pm ***

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Default *** Drag Racing at WSID, Wednesday 24th February - Racing Starts 6pm ***

After the completition of the annual Dyno Day, Toymods is heading out to WSID on the 24th of February.

When: Wednesday 24th Feb, 6pm - 10pm.
    Where: Western Sydney International Dragway (WSID), Ferrers Rd, Eastern Creek NSW (competitor and spectator entrances are seperate)
    What: Drag Racing!
    Why: Give everyone a reason to get their car running!
    Cost: $50 for competitors and $20 for spectators (kids under 12 are free)

As per the normal street meet rules, you will require:
    - Helmet (please ensure it complies - listed here on the WSID site)
    - Drivers license
    - Long sleeve shirt and long pants (might be an idea to look at the Toymods racing shirts)

Gates open at 4.30pm for competitors and 5pm for spectators with the racing starting at 6pm until 10pm, so if you're racing make sure you get in early, it's not unheard of to be turned away at 6pm because there were too many cars.

But if you're not racing, we will determine who will be on the hill leading up to the night. So if you want to come along and you're not sure of who people are, drop myself or someone on the board a PM. We shall give you some contact details of who to call on the night to catch up.

Otherwise, just follow the line of modified Toyotas in the pits.

Default Re: *** Drag Racing at WSID, Wednesday 24th February - Racing Starts 6pm ***

Toymods have also reserved a staging lane so apart from being shorter than the other lanes, it will give us a chance to race each other.

There is a limit of 20 cars, so it will be treated on a first in first served basis so if you indicate if you are going to participate, I will add you to the list in this post which will be open till Monday, Feb 22. We are all required enter the venue as a group so if you could all please try and get there before 4:30 pm then that would be very handy - we will be meeting just outside the competitor entrance so look out for my white Mark II with the Toymods logo on the back (although I wont be racing unless I get some mods done). If you are not within the venue by this time you have up until 5:45 pm to come and see me otherwise your spot will be given up to the next person on the reserved list. Obviously, if you arent on the list, you are still welcome to race as per a regular competitor.

1. Glen (1jz68u) - White JZA80 Supra
    2. (Surok86) - White SW20 MR2
    3. (Blake-mr2) - Green SW20 MR2
    4. (aunaturalantony) - Red AE82
    5. Thomas (blue_22) - 3TGTE TA22 Celica
    6. Bardin (Bananaman) - Maroon JZX83 Cressida
    7. John (trd16t) - Red AE92 Corolla
    Last edited by big_zop; 08-02-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: updating list

Junior Member Domestic Engineer 1jz68u's Avatar

Default Re: *** Drag Racing at WSID, Wednesday 24th February - Racing Starts 6pm ***

hmm

IN...
    Glenn
    Current Ride http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41123
    Previous 3SGTE ST162, 1JZ Cressida 215RWKW-ET 13.318, Celsior, XT forester, 3SGE KE70.
    Quote Originally Posted by NME308 View Post
    You do of course realize forgiveness is easier to gain than permission right???
    Cheers, Jason

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic pAuL's Avatar

i think i might be there
    Current - 2006 Colt Ralliart 100.2FWKW@6000rpm,
    Past - 1988 Toyota Camry V6 (Sold) (VZV21) 117kw@5600rpm, 1994 Lancer Station Wagon Executive (sold) (86kW+@6000rpm), 1986 Corona S (sold) (73kW@4800rpm), 1990 Cressida GLX (BHG) (142kw@5600rpm)

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder De@No's Avatar

maybe maybe maybe..

let u know paul
    Z20- SOLD

SW20 ATTACK Grease Monkey Surok86's Avatar

ill be in.

but i dont know my workload for that day yet. i wont know till about 4pm that day!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

do the N/A 4 bangers get heckled alot by the V8s and turbos ?

Anyone is welcome. Hell, my car did a 16.671 and it was great fun, I didnt care if I won or lost. As I went on my own, I found that there were a lot of people interested in my car and there were plenty of people just wanting to have a chat. Its a great atmosphere so hope to see you there.

If everyone who is definitely coming on the night wants to provide their details as I have done for Glenn, then that would help others to find those they arent familiar with and for those that want to take photos to know who to shoot.

Like I said in the post, if you are definite in coming to the night but may be a bit late then just let me know so I know to accomodate for you.

SW20 ATTACK Grease Monkey Surok86's Avatar

thanks mate. i wont be late. my workload just determines how much trouble i will be in the following day. hahaha

Forum Member

hey yer im in i just got to buy a helmet then its all good. would like to see how my new engine in my mr2 goes

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Im Interested. Put my name down.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

/Facepalm @ Dates for Dyno day And Drags

UFC 110 in Sydney on Sunday 21st ... And Dads Bday on 24th

Sad panda .
    11.72 @ 116.7mph = Quickest Stock Turbo Jzz30 series Soarer And 1st into the 11's WOOOT!!!

Still going good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_7aRUGshw

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Damn, yet another event that I'll miss because I'll be in Banana Bender Land...
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Junior Member Grease Monkey

ill be there
    cheers Thomas

(blue_22) 3TGTE TA22 Celica
    Last edited by big_zop; 20-01-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Double post

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

Yeah count me in. My rear tyres suck ass but oh well. Might lower my chances of breaking stuff

ed: This will of course be in the landboat
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6