Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** Drag Racing at WSID, Wednesday 24th February - Racing Starts 6pm ***

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Default Re: *** Drag Racing at WSID, Wednesday 24th February - Racing Starts 6pm ***

Just about to head off now, doesnt look too bad and I even see some sun.

Good luck with the sensor John, hope to see you out there.

SW20 ATTACK Grease Monkey Surok86's Avatar

Default Re: *** Drag Racing at WSID, Wednesday 24th February - Racing Starts 6pm ***

sorry guys, im out, i have been copping shit from other forums for using my car, and i wouldnt want them to have any ammunition about me drag racing my car..

Junior Member Domestic Engineer 1jz68u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surok86 View Post
    sorry guys, im out, i have been copping shit from other forums for using my car, and i wouldnt want them to have any ammunition about me drag racing my car..
    am i missing something????
    Glenn
    Current Ride http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41123
    Previous 3SGTE ST162, 1JZ Cressida 215RWKW-ET 13.318, Celsior, XT forester, 3SGE KE70.
    Quote Originally Posted by NME308 View Post
    You do of course realize forgiveness is easier to gain than permission right???
    Cheers, Jason

p00 powar Grease Monkey Jin~Jah's Avatar

holy crap I didn't evening realise this was happening :/

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

haha. Pikers. The lot of you. I rock up thinking i'll have someone there to tell me WTF is going on, but i was the first one there, at like 5.15 or something! I come to my first ever drag night, and there is just 3 of us in the end!

In any case, as much as the thought of not coming tonight did cross my mind, given i was coming completely alone, i thought i'd hold my word and come. And i had a ball Got in 4 runs by 8pm, the last of which i punished the shit out of my gearbox and axle tramped it badly off the line, but came in for a 14.02, which i am happy with

In the interest of still being able to drive to work tomorrow, i called it a night at that point. Does anyone know where i can find photos?
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic pAuL's Avatar

here - http://www.cacklingpipes.com/cpstreetgallery.htm

i got told when i went there it takes about half a day to upload all the photos
    Current - 2006 Colt Ralliart 100.2FWKW@6000rpm,
    Past - 1988 Toyota Camry V6 (Sold) (VZV21) 117kw@5600rpm, 1994 Lancer Station Wagon Executive (sold) (86kW+@6000rpm), 1986 Corona S (sold) (73kW@4800rpm), 1990 Cressida GLX (BHG) (142kw@5600rpm)

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Bardin, we got some video footage of some of your runs. If I can figure out how to do it I'll put them on Youtube at some point.

Cheers, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Farkurnell View Post
    Bardin, we got some video footage of some of your runs. If I can figure out how to do it I'll put them on Youtube at some point.

Cheers, Greg.
    That'd be awesome. The easiest way is to get windows movie maker (google it) - just open the video and press the youtube button, it does it all for you.

Did you notice much in the way of smoke?

Thanks for the link Paul, will check it. I think my burnouts were too pissy for good photos anyway

Gorilla Industries Conversion King Koffee-Black's Avatar

oh what! I thought today was Tuesday!! I was going to say im in!!! ohhh what a clown!!
    JZA80 Turbo Time Attack Car - "Gorilla"
    JZA80 Turbo Street Car - "Silver Back"
    Lexus RX350 F Sport "Kid Hauler"
    Vitz - Supercharged "Chimp"
    HDJ80 Landcruiser "Baboon"

Quote Originally Posted by Koffee-Black View Post
    oh what! I thought today was Tuesday!! I was going to say im in!!! ohhh what a clown!!
    Excuses excuses

It occurred I should have done one final run, and tried using 4th. I was at the point where i was needing 4th just before the line (it was noticably flattening out), but thought that while my gear shifts are lightning quick () i was better to hold 3rd.... Perhaps this idea was wrong. Whatever, i am a drag racing noob

I'll save 4th gear for round 2

Junior Member Grease Monkey

good to see a few faces down there
    after finally getting car running about 5 rushed down to creek to join huge queue in row 6 managed to get 3 runs in which 2nd gear refused to engage smoothly decided to call it a night before i damaged anything
    on way home thermo fan decided to stop while fixing that noticed small leak in slave cylinder which could explain crunching in 2nd
    still a fun night shame after last few times we had lots of cars but were cancelled we finally got a good night but hardly any cars
    cheers john