Thread: Strange login problem?

Toymods Club Member Backyard Mechanic Big T's Avatar

Default Strange login problem?

Hey dudes. This just happened to me then... i'm on my gf's comp and i went to login without checking the "remember me" button. It says i get logged in and redirects me but then i'm not logged in. eg. i click to post a reply and it asks me to login to post so i do so, the page rediects me and then i get asked to login again so it turns into an infinite loop.

If i check the "remember me" button then i login without any probs but maybe people that use public comps alot might have probs with it. Anyone else have this problem?

Eddie.

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

Default Re: Strange login problem?

yeah josh knows more about this.... basically Vbulletin has some funny things with cookies....

it does it to me too
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Strange login problem?

I seem to have a related problem, where I log in, look at a few pages, then when I go back to the forum I am going through (ie back from a thread to the forum) I am suddenly no longer logged in. If I use the back button in IE to return to the previous window, suddenly I'm back to being logged in. This is playing havoc with keeping track of where I am with read vs unread threads, although that appears to have been a separate problem that I had not noticed until I saw the thread on it. The pattern of log outs, (or lapses of memory perhaps ????) is a little hazy but seems to be after a few minutes or a couple of threads. Is there a time out since last request for info? It does seem to occur after looking at longer or more picture intensive threads. Little old me is stuck with rural dialup and an 8 (count them) year old computer, is the combo just taking too long to ping the server after the request for the thread? Do I need to check Remember Me box?

Thanks In advance
    Cheers, Richard

Current Project MX83 Cressida Grande + 1JZ-GTE
    Motor/Auto in. New tailshaft made & installed. Better fuelpump installed. Exhaust, fmic and wiring done. Registered and Legal. Whooosh!!