Thread: Supra jza80 Twinplate clutch noises

Default Supra jza80 Twinplate clutch noises

Hey guys I have a 1994 TT with a 6speed.
    He is my problem, i got an exedy twinplate ceramic installed, it said in the manual that it can rattle when the clutch is disengaged, but also now i hear noises when engaged, not heaps loud but still noticeable, mostly on deceleration from higher revs when the clutch is engaged and also at low revs when i put the engine under full load, but can also hear it at idle when in neutral with the clutch engaged, im thinking possibly the twinplate is transferring some noise for the input shaft that the stock clutches would normally dampen out?

Has anyone had similar issues? are the 6speeds ment to be a noisy box?

also with the lighter flywheel has anyone had problems with the car hitting a lower rev limiter in 1st? possibly cause the engine revs up quicker the ecu thinks its free reving?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Poggy; 12-12-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Supra jza80 Twinplate clutch noises

I once very embarassingly fucked up a clutch install. I was going from a stock clutch and flywheel to a aftermarket one with thinner lightened flywheel. The problem was that because the flywheel was now thinner, the original bolts(i know, dont reuse the bolts! lol) were about 1/4 a mm too long and once all put back together, it let the flywheel rattle.

Default Re: Supra jza80 Twinplate clutch noises

Hey the bolts were Toyota bolts supplied with the clutch kit