Thread: Rollaclub.com Great Ocean Road Trip.

11 owner!

Default Rollaclub.com Great Ocean Road Trip.

Hi everyone,

Well, its time for my once every 6 months or so log in!

The Rollaclub Great Ocean Road Trip (GOR) is almost upon us and I would like to invite Toymods members along for the long weekend.

The event is held over the Australia day long weekend in January every year with this being the 4th event that has been held.

I lifted this from the thread in the Vic section of Rollaclub to make it easy.

Well Hello everyone and welcome to the 4th Great Ocean Road run!

Things have taken off a little slower this year due to a stack of different things happening round the traps, but rest assured, the 2010 GOR run will be happening and will be bigger and better than ever! (always the case isnt it?)

Dates!

Its on!

Dates for the 2010 Great ocean Road cruise aka Australia day cruise are:

January 23rd (sat) through til the 26th (tues) 2010.

This may cause some problems for people (myself included) as the 2010 Australia day public holiday is on a Tuesday, therefore we do not have a three day weekend to play with. General thought were to turn in into a 4 day weekend, so thats whats happening! The more the merrier!

Accomodation

After a bunch of phone calls over the last few months accomodation has finally been booked, we are penciled in for 7 sites at Warrnambools Claremont Holiday village right in the middle of town ( Click ), this will have us within walking distance of food and shops (theres a supermarket out the front of the park) and will make thins much easier after a good night out for dinner etc.

Remember, were Camping! So bring all you will need to keep yourself warm, dry and possibly not sunburnt for the trip. There will be a future post with a list of things you should think about bringing.

On a brighter note, all of our sites are powered sites, if anyone needs power, weve got plenty of it!

Activities

This is a topic that is open for discussion, we will have plenty of time to get things done this time as we are going for three nights (yep, Saturday til tuesday).
    One of the highlights of the 2009 trip was the cruise along the Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay for lunch and to hit the beach, our return trip involved a run up through the mountains to the Otway Fly (treetop walk) then a stop at the 12(ish) apostles before returning to camp.
    As this trip was so sucsessfull it will be run again, there may be some changes to the cruise but that is up to everyone who would like to have input in the cruise itself.

Another activitie that has been a hit in the past (just don't talk about the "pub" at Port Fairy) is dinner and drinks at a local pub to get to know each other, this always goes on for a while and yes, we all behave ourselves... well, most of us anyway... This will most certainly be happening as we are withing walking distance and can kick back and enjoy the night without being worried about how to get home etc.

The (not so) famous BBQ breakie will be held once more, bacon and eggs will be on the menu plus breakfast for anyone with special requirements. The BBQ is inclused in the price of the weekend.

One big possibility for the weekend for those who would like to attend is the 38th Grand Annual Sprintcar Classic at Warrnambools Sungold Stadium speedway on the princes highway on the way into town (from the melbourne side). This event is held on both Saturday and Sunday night with racing starting at 6pm (gates open at 1pm). Entry to the speedway is $30 per person with $25 concession available for those who meet the requirements.

One last option (that I can remember right now) is a cruise to nieghboring Portland to hit the Auto museum for brunch on one of the days, this was a fantastic display in a great little town and I have been informed they would love to have us again.

T-Shirts and Stickers

Due to last trips stuff up with shirts, shirts will be included in your cost for the weekend. This way everyone will have a shirt to remember the trip and to show off at the next RC meeting! This will mean I need shirt sizes from all that want one with there entry details ( I will have a for shorty for you all). However, if you do not want a shirt let me know and you will not have to pay for it, but if I havent been notified beforehand or before payment you will be getting a limited edition (VERY limited) shirt like the rest of us .

Stickers, well they came out fantastic last year. I will be getting hold of our resident sticker guru to see if they would like to sort them again for 2010, if not I will pull them outa my arse

Cost

2010 will be a bit more expensive for those who attend, not by much when you look factor in that the cost is covering accomodation camp sites for 3 nights, BBQ breaky for one morning, Shirts and stickers, Goodies bags and Prizes!
    Your getting a fair bit for your coin really,

That said, initial guestimates will be at $60-$70 per head, final figure will come soon. The main increase is from the extra nights accomodation but the more people we get the better the event will be!

Keep in mind, this does not cover your fuel cost, your munchies or anything else you have to fork out some money for, I would love to say it did but without charging about $300 per head its just not going to happen!

If you have any questions about the cost invloved please call me on 0400843198 or PM me.

Deposits

Well, ideally I need a $30 deposit from all those that are coming by the end of this month to secure our camp sites. we have to make a 50% deposit on those before we really have anything! And being its for three nights its a bit much for my pocket alone.
    This deadline is not the end of the line but it would be magic if it were to be done, that said I have to lay it down at the 11th of december as it will be getting very late in the piece and our sites may not be available after then. If anyone has any troubles getting the deposit sorted, pm or call me to sort something out,

Late Entry

A late entry will be considered as anyone wanting to come that has not shown interest or has been to lazy to get hold of me before the 11th of december. To all that are late, you will incur a late fee of $10 per head for GOR 2010. The reasoning here is it has cost me money in the past to add sites and it ends up coming out of my pocket, so if your late, you need to pay for it. Nice and simple

Ok, one more thing I need to make note of again is that this event isnt run to make a proffit for myself or my other half, its run to have fun and meet up with fellow minded crazies who have a passion for Corollas and cars in general. Any extra coin that comes our way will be thrown towards drinks at dinner or better prizes for all who come along.

Remember, if you have any questions about the 2010 Great Ocean Roar run please feel free to call me anytime on 0400843198 or PM me and I will get back to you asap.

So come along, bring a friend and have a ball to the 2010 RollaClub Great Ocean Road Run.

Cheers,
    JP

Ok, as I have been a bit slack and only just got this over here the last fee would probably be waved until a later date, there will still be a date needed to sort out.

My contact details are as above, if you would like to come let me know.
    If needed I will post up some links to the previous RC threads and see if I can throw some pics up!

JP
    If in Doubt........Hit with Hammer!

I am crap as a Conversion King SilverRA23's Avatar

Default Re: Rollaclub.com Great Ocean Road Trip.

I will put this in the TCCA calendar
    Now - RA23-WRX
    Gone-KE10-KE15-KE35-TA22-AE71-Charade-AE82-MS47-KE15-AE95-MX32
    Need club rego or a CAMS licence in VIC? Join TCCAV www.tccav.org.au

11 owner!

Cheers Adam,
    Tate was going to get hold of you about it but mustn't have gotten to it yet! Will be at the next meeting to chat about it.

Hopefully we get some interest over here, we have about 20 people coming so far.

JP
    If in Doubt........Hit with Hammer!

I am crap as a Conversion King SilverRA23's Avatar

Tate did get to me, all good
    Now - RA23-WRX
    Gone-KE10-KE15-KE35-TA22-AE71-Charade-AE82-MS47-KE15-AE95-MX32
    Need club rego or a CAMS licence in VIC? Join TCCAV www.tccav.org.au

Junior Member Domestic Engineer dfunkt's Avatar

sif i'm that slack nobbler.
    Owner of the Big Red Whale

Quote Originally Posted by Stomps
    "i cant eat this because its too spicy" "i cant eat that because it has green stuff in it" "i cant eat that because its chilli soup with Blair's Ultra Death Sauce in it"... winge winge winge...

I Hate Being A Carport Converter Clown's Avatar

Im down like a........ errr......clown?
    GZE AW11, M40b18 e30, 1J cressida