Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Owners Christmas Lunch BBQ - Saturday December 19th, 2009 - 12:30pm

you can't say ****** here Automotive Encyclopaedia CLG's Avatar

Default Toyota Owners Christmas Lunch BBQ - Saturday December 19th, 2009 - 12:30pm

Occasion: Toyota owners and enthusiasts get together.

Date: Saturday December 19th, 2009

Time: 12:30pm onwards

Bring: Something to sit on, whatever you wish to drink, wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, games, sunscreen, hats, appetite, tall stories, ...!

Cost: $15 per adult to cover the BBQ and food I'll supply

Location: Sir James Mitchell Park, South Perth Foreshore. We'll be situated on the grass area west of the western carpark, under the trees. From Mill Point Road, turn into Coode Street towards the river. Immediately past the bike path crossover turn left into the car park entry, and find a place to park at the western end. We'll be situtated under the trees near the carpark, bounded by the bike path, river and big flag pole there. If the car park is full, there is another car park on the RHS of Coode Street.

Yep, it's on again! Those of you that came to this gathering last year, will know I spoke about the desire to form an incorporated car club based here in Western Australia to involve all Toyota passenger vehicles. At this year's bbq, I aim to launch that club and form a steering committee to finalise the offical side of running such a club. Scenario will be the same as last year, come down, listen to me prattle on for a short time, eat bbq, tell tall stories, avoid sunburn, and enjoy the afternoon. A great chance to round out the year... catching up with fellow Toyota owners and enthusiasts, with a great feed and a social beverage or three! I would greatly appreciate your attendance, even if only for half an hour. At the very least, come down and say hello, if you can't stay for the BBQ, or have plans that will cut into the start of this event.

As there are no BBQ's near the chosen location, I'm happy to bring my BBQ down for the day. I'm also happy to organise the food side of things, as I can get bulk buys at decent prices. I'd greatly appreciate your $15 per adult payment prior to December 16th, so I can gauge amounts and interest. I'm happy to travel to a few convenient locations around Perth to collect money prior to the day if people don't want to net bank, and I can't stress how important it is to notify me of your attendance please - makes catering sooooooo much easier!

I'm hoping for a good turn out, most of you already know of my club proposals that once developed will certainly give WA Toyota owners something to look forward too, and be proud of - but more about that on the day! I also look forward to catching up with all of you for a social event worthy of your attendance?!

If you can't make it on the day, but would like to be added to a mailing list for future events and club ideas in WA, please email me directly on limeglaze at hotmail.com and I'll add you to a mailing list.

Clint
    0403 733 054

Attended:

CLG - Clint and Daina
    Doug and Milly E
    white_sandshoe - Garnett and Joanne
    Peter K
    GeneSPIDA - Gene
    StumpyGT4 - Jeff
    Peter and Kathy F
    Rod and Andy - JZX90.com
    senn - Ben
    Sciflyer - Phil
    [MISFIT] - Lauren
    Ron C
    Stepho - Wayne, Christo, and Carina
    John G
    7M-GTE MX73 - Rudi
    Triptek - Mark, Phil & crew
    JustCallMeOrlano - Nathan
    Woggin - Sotiri
    MXracer92 - Martin
    27levin - Mike
    Disturbed1 - Chris
    Dinna180 - Dinna and Garreth

if you were there, and I missed you out on the list above - please let me know?!
    Last edited by CLG; 02-02-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Owners Christmas Lunch BBQ - Sunday December 20th, 2009 - 12:30pm

I'm down for this.
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

Front Yard and Backyard Mechanic white_sandshoe's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Owners Christmas Lunch BBQ - Sunday December 20th, 2009 - 12:30pm

Oh, I am SO there! A car club encompassing all Toyota makes and models in western australia? sounds great!!!
    Some might be interested in coming on a cruise I've got organised with rollaclub after? Interesting how things coincide like that.
    "Think of it like customer service, but the customer is *not* always right. And, you'd rather not have their repeat business." - Mullett

"well I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine is a good start for me..."

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

big thoughts clint. I've diarised it.

BTW, there are a couple of BBQ units there, so u don't have to BYO?
    2ZZGE MRS

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice topgun137's Avatar

i'll be there

Cheers,
    TIm
    Quote Originally Posted by gold28
    I always found that mufflers are always useless weight.

Severely Underqualified Domestic Engineer Fodder's Avatar

Won't be able to make it this year, but you know I'm keen to hear all about it

Old Skool only for this Backyard Mechanic WA_TRD_83's Avatar

Dang... I'll miss it... I'll be overseas for xmas

Damo
    83 GA61 Toyota Supra XX [TRD 83] - 7MGTE Turbo-A inside
    83 KE70 Toyota Corolla - the budget build
    94 EF Ford Fairmont Ghia [FATFORD] - looks tough, goes slow
    64 Chev Impala - west coast lowrider

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

does anyone know or can remember from last time if there is speedbumps in the carpark there ?

(serious question)

Makes more than a 1st year Apprentice [MISFIT]'s Avatar

Nup not comin....

Ok.. i will
    1977 RA28 Celica with 3SGE BEAMS Blacktop- MISFIT

Toughen up Princess

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

there are speedbumps in the carpark. Some are avoidable.

South Perth be mah hood yo.
    2ZZGE MRS

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Gonna have to give it a miss Clint baby. I've got a Christmas get together with Steph's family....in Australind. Le sigh
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

you can't say ****** here Automotive Encyclopaedia CLG's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Owners Christmas Lunch BBQ - Saturday December 19th, 2009 - 12:30pm

Well then, just as well I have to change the date to the day before then - now Saturday December 19th

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Owners Christmas Lunch BBQ - Saturday December 19th, 2009 - 12:30pm

Will check with my social calendar
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

Not trying to be a Carport Converter

Tentative interested, waiting for work to pull their finger out and tell me if i'm working this month. But 75% sure i'll be able to make it at this stage.

Makes more than a 1st year Apprentice [MISFIT]'s Avatar

OOO out if its a sat
    1977 RA28 Celica with 3SGE BEAMS Blacktop- MISFIT

Toughen up Princess