Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Default NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

The thread is to advise all users of a new part of the forums software being utilised on this board.

Infractions.

Basically, Infractions are the negative to the reputations system positive. the reputation system gains you access to additional areas once earn markers are achieved. Infractions are warnings that a user is flirting to close to the rules and permissions are reduced (or removed completely ie Banned)

The infraction system is being setup similarly to the road "Demerit system" used in Australia.

Each user has a limit of 12 points. If the user is given Infractions totalling 12 points, the user is automatically banned.

Each infractions points have an expiry. once expired the points are removed. ( similar to a demerits 3 year expiry )

Below is a list of the Infractions and the Points and expiry time attached to each. Basically there is an infraction for each rule. So break a rule, you will most likely recieve an Infraction and if you keep pushing the rules you will be banned. So be warned.

The Infraction system is a form of moderation (peer moderation if you will) as such The board has discussed this at length and the decision has been made that in addition to the moderators, Club Members will also be able to issue Infractions. So basically the moderation team just grew from 5 to 120 or so.

Demerit Infractions –

Points........Rule Broken............................................ .................................Expiry time
    -12.............Multiple accounts.......................................... ...................................Perm
    -10.............Banned User Probation period............................................ .........90 Days
    -10.............Abuse a moderator for doing their job.........................................30 Days
    -12...............Spamming Forums / Cross Posting........................................... ..14 Days
    -6...............Posting illegal activities........................................ .........................14 Days

Club Members level
    -4...............Flaming user / personal attack or inciting argument....................30 Days
    -4...............*Abuse of Reputation or Demerit System....................................30 Days
    -3..............Slanderous post (in accordance with general forum rules).. .......7 Days
    -4..............Blatant Commercial advertising / Non Approved group buy........30 Days
    -4..............Sale bashing / Hi Jacking / Abuse toward thread starter......... ....14 Days
    -4..............Posting classifieds outside the classifieds section....... ...............14 Days
    -2..............Off Topic post or propagating off topic conversation in Tech......3 Days
    -1..............Post Whoring........................................... .......................................3 Days
    -1..............Signature over 5 lines or advertising in Signature........................3 Days
    -1..............Pointless Thread............................................ .................................3 Days
    -2..............Offensive post/avatar/link.............................................. .................14 Days
    -2..............Excessive use of bad language.......................................... ..........3 Days
    -2..............Use of CAPS, 1337 sp34k or SMS style wording (not in jest)....7 Days
    -1 .............Posting question without searching (commonly asked)...............3 Days
    -1..............Breaking Minor Classifieds rules not otherwise listed..................3 Days

As of 3rd of November 2009, the moderators will be using the Infraction system and handing out Infractions for a period whilst the system is tested. once sorted the Club members will be notified by this thread that they have access.

Notes :

Look at the rules above. if you currently are doing anything that is breaking these rules it would be wise to rectify that situation.

Infractions can be issued as a warning as well, so for Club members please think about why you are giving the infraction. If it is a clear rule break, by all means hand out infraction. If you are not sure, offer a warning instead or ask. The whole idea is that the current moderators have their own ideas of what is acceptable, this may not apply to the rest of the club members. So the whole Club membership now has a say in what content is acceptable or "Toymods safe"

This is a trial, if the system is abused the user will have the right to hand out infractions revoked, and will probably go on a holiday themselves.

Please use this wisely.

Any comments are welcome to develop the system.

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Hopefully soon a 5S-GTE Chief Engine Builder MWP's Avatar

Default Re: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Interesting idea.
    I wonder how well itll work in practice though.

Time will tell if the maturity level is there or not. This is off the back of the users who actualy use the report a post button. most of which are Club Members. This has been a big hlp to the Mods who would otherwise probably never read the thread.

River has been itching to use this for ages.

I'm also cracking down on the abuse of the reputation system. If a user is caught buddy repping or repping non tech info, they wil be going back to 10 and their permissions being revoked.

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

Don't know if you've looked at it but are there any ways to check if a user is hit twice for the same post etc? ie. one mod adds infraction and then another adds an infraction for the same offence/post etc?

Just going by a similar system on another forum whereby they can't check and there has been one instance lately whereby a user was restricted for posting twice for the same offence due to lack of communication between mods. Thus banned for 14 days instead of 7.
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

Unlike reputation, an infraction can only be given once per post (based on previous tests).

Infractions that can occur in more than one post carry a low demerit point score and short expiry period. (signature violation for instance)

Cheers
    Simon

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Can there be an infraction introduced for people who do not post follow-up results after starting a thread asking a legitimate and useful question within a meaningful time?

You have no idea how frustrating it is to do everything correctly, do all the searches and come up with a heap of people with the same issue as you are having only to find seemingly no solutions and then feeling like a douche for bumping a 2-3 year old thread to ask if anything ever happened.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Not really. the infractions system is based around breaking of clearly defined rules. We can't really make a "please solve every question asked" type of rule.

But it would be cool to have all the answers.

Cheers
    Simon

im a mod in tech and i cant see how to use this function? i just tried to infract myself and got lost?
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica View Post
    Not really. the infractions system is based around breaking of clearly defined rules. We can't really make a "please solve every question asked" type of rule.

But it would be cool to have all the answers.

Cheers
    Simon
    here's a clear example of what I'm getting at Simon.

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53751

The OP asks a clearly defined question to a problem.

There have been several suggestions made and the OP has come back with a couple of 'I have tried this and it didn't work' scenarios, but now seems to have gone quiet again.

This could mean
    (1) he solved the problem and as such no longer required our help, in which case a solution posted into the thread would be much appreciated
    (2) he is yet to find a solution... but at the same time he is yet to give feedback for new suggestions since his last post edging thoughs more towards (1)
    (3) he needed to use the horn in an emergency situation, it failed the OP is now in hospital or dead as a result... well maybe not.

but you get the idea.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jza80 View Post
    im a mod in tech and i cant see how to use this function? i just tried to infract myself and got lost?
    Im not sure for certain, but i believe that moderators/admins cannot be infracted - and i dont think you can infract yourself.

Currently, it is set up so that you go through a persons profile and it is a tab between friends and contact info. You select the infraction, select if it is a warning, and send the user a message about the issue, and i beleive that the administrative note is what appears on the users profile infraction summary. Soon, a symbol will be added so that you can simply click it in the thread, like the reputation button.

ah ok... i tried to infract norbie too ... just looking for the icon and options. didnt realise it was through the profile

cheers
    ed
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Slanted Photographer Automotive Encyclopaedia LeaThaL's Avatar

i think its a good idea, its nice to know were in a forum/community that is enthusiests (excuse spelling) and not like many other forums where you list a price or voice an opion and then get flammed from here to canada and back

good stuff!
    1 G L O V E
    88 Ga70 supra --- Under powered and over cooled Daily

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

So I can see how to give an Infraction, but how can I see my own Infractions?

Or would it only show me in my profile if one has been given?
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Front Yard and Backyard Mechanic white_sandshoe's Avatar

I am wondering the same as twentyEight... is there an alert in place so we know when we've been naughty? and what naughty thing we've done would be handy too...

*please don't infract me*
    "Think of it like customer service, but the customer is *not* always right. And, you'd rather not have their repeat business." - Mullett

"well I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine is a good start for me..."

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by twentyEight View Post
    So I can see how to give an Infraction, but how can I see my own Infractions?

Or would it only show me in my profile if one has been given?
    Dunno. Can I infract you.... a wee lil one... to find out?

Also good to see if I can roll back an infraction like I can do with rep.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin