Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Default Re: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    twenty-eight.... can you see his profile and if he has been infracted?

Just want to know if anyone else can see it other than the person infracted and mods/admin.
    I can, but it's because I'm a club member, thus can give Infractions also.
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by twentyEight View Post
    I can, but it's because I'm a club member, thus can give Infractions also.
    Then knock yourself out sunshine... you got slim and the squall just begging for it. Try it out and see what you can do. After all, it's a part of testing and a learning curve.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

There you go Squall, your very own infraction.

Is there any way of linking the infraction to a specific thread, a la the rep system. So that the kiddies know what thread its for?
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Aerial Superpony Domestic Engineer SeptemberSquall's Avatar

just write in the comments
    i pulled three hundred rocks from the land to build my house
    i walked quiet through the forest like a tiny quiet forest mouse

the oceans will rise
    please stand by the shore

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Yes, write in the comments please so people can see what the infraction is for. Unlike the rep system I think club members will be able to see the infractions and comments of other members, so it is useful.

Matter of fact... I wonder if we can infract someone who infracts another person without a comment!

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Ah yeah, i thought that the reason field might be limited to a certain number of characters.

Nevertheless thats only for a non-predefined reason. All the pre-defined reasons you cant give extra info except in the admin PM, which no-one else can view.

If you see Squall's infractions list you cant see the messages which i have sent him from the "Administrative reason" section.

Also interestingly, giving an infraction resets the timer on the PM/post sending, and you can give 0 point infractions.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Gaters gonna Gate Conversion King Stomps's Avatar

can someone clear up a little issue..
    here are the listed infractions

Demerit Infractions –

Points........Rule Broken............................................ .................................Expiry time
    -12.............Multiple accounts.......................................... ...................................Perm
    -10.............Banned User Probation period............................................ .........90 Days
    -10.............Abuse a moderator for doing their job.........................................30 Days
    -12...............Spamming Forums / Cross Posting........................................... ..14 Days
    -6...............Posting illegal activities........................................ .........................14 Days

Club Members level
    -4...............Flaming user / personal attack or inciting argument....................30 Days
    -4...............*Abuse of Reputation or Demerit System....................................30 Days
    -3..............Slanderous post (in accordance with general forum rules).. .......7 Days
    -4..............Blatant Commercial advertising / Non Approved group buy........30 Days
    -4..............Sale bashing / Hi Jacking / Abuse toward thread starter......... ....14 Days
    -4..............Posting classifieds outside the classifieds section....... ...............14 Days
    -2..............Off Topic post or propagating off topic conversation in Tech......3 Days
    -1..............Post Whoring........................................... .......................................3 Days
    -1..............Signature over 5 lines or advertising in Signature........................3 Days
    -1..............Pointless Thread............................................ .................................3 Days
    -2..............Offensive post/avatar/link.............................................. .................14 Days
    -2..............Excessive use of bad language.......................................... ..........3 Days
    -2..............Use of CAPS, 1337 sp34k or SMS style wording (not in jest)....7 Days
    -1 .............Posting question without searching (commonly asked)...............3 Days
    -1..............Breaking Minor Classifieds rules not otherwise listed..................3 Days

i got one for having:

chasing ae86 bonnet and windscreen. PM me if you know of any

in my sig...

what exactly have i broken?

im guessing its linked to

1..............Signature over 5 lines or advertising in Signature........................3 Days

but what exactly am i advertising.. the fact that i need parts???

if so, who am i hurting.. am i not infact helping someone on the forum sell their parts ->help me out ->be a helpful, friendly forum user, ->the point...

Stomps

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Yes, you broke the rule that no advertising is allowed in your signature.

This rule is in place as posting items for sale/wanted in your signature is a way of getting around the rules of the classified section. As you are aware, some sections are restriced by reputation and while it is true that the wanted section is free for all users, along with Toyotas for sale and wanted, a complete ban on advertising in signatures is in place instead of having exceptions (say allowing advertising for these sections for instance).

Gaters gonna Gate Conversion King Stomps's Avatar

ahhh.. fair enough........i guess.....well not really.. but meh..

i was just reading the Why has my sig been changed thread.. and i must say my sentiments mirror Ed's in saying.... Ey?

but rules is rules ey Macca....

Stomps
    Last edited by Stomps; 13-11-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: bending over

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia roadkill's Avatar

Hi,

i received an infraction today. Is it because of the group buy in my sig or is it because i am looking for an ra28 to be scrapped?

I really do struggle to comprehend why either of these could cause any issue with anyone? I can though accept that rules are rules macca......

Once i get a response i will edit it to suit.

bEn
    FJ40 landcruiser
    HJ47 landcruiser
    FJ55 Landcruiser
    MS65 Crown

Advertising is advertising, what isnt there to understand?

theres plenty to not understand. worth carrying on about tho? not really, its not going to make any difference
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

I imagine that the below infractions were given for this thread

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54149

Poor guy will end up banned if zop keeps pinging him for the same post! Give me a hit of neg rep over a ban for an error in judgement anyday
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

I thought you couldn't give an infraction to a person more than once for the same post?

I assumed I was giving him an infraction for something different to what big_zop was...

I'm not seeing much point to Infractions myself, as I could make a post advertising my business once every fortnight, and still not get banned.

Shouldn't the expiries be more like a year?
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Yes, he broke 2 rules and as such, was given 2 infractions.

However, twentyEight would have seen my infraction and should not have infracted him for the same reason. Soon, the infractions will be given through an icon in each post, much like reputation and a user wont be able to be infracted more than once per post along with a flag showing that the user was infracted for that post. This is in response to people being neg-repped into oblivion for little mistakes.

EDIT - in response to twentyEights comments, you will see there is a section in the Club membership and feedback that creates a new thread each time a person is infracted. We can use this as a record and if a person contunially offends then he can simply be banned or certain privelages removed (like signature, access to classifieds).

The reason why the timings on certain things are so short is because people can be hit more than once in different sections for say signature or avatar violations. Remember, it is in a trial period so if it is deemed too lenient, then the points structure or timings can be changed.