Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

Default Re: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

hehe...this is one lightweight 70 series...he's rewiring it to save weight - removed 20 (twenty!!) kg of wire.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro ra28 View Post
    Greg, it is definantly not cause of your crowns and granny spec ke20, they are hot!

So it's cause I'm old???

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

No, age is no barrier

I'm gonna go with ugly
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Don't think I mentioned ugly anywhere Greg. Thanks for being so honest.

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

oh, I rate my own ugliness as a primary factor as well. don't go feeling special just 'cause we have the same name
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I love everyone 'cos I'm an old hippy.

Peace!

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

As a past ST162 owner and current AW11 owner I care not for the banter that happens. If anything it livens up my day lol.

And yeah that clique stuff is bullshit. You can't just stand there and expect people to walk up to you and treat you like an old friend without even knowing you, but so long as you actually make an effort to get to know people then I'm pretty sure most of the dudes here will respond in like kind (unless you're a douche... then too bad)
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Farkurnell View Post
    Ya's think you'se are excluded????

Fuck, none of you young ****s come up to me and say hello. Only the ones that have been around for a long time do. What is it? Is it because I'm older than you? Fat, tattooed and hairy? Am I too intimidating?.
    LOL....they are the exact reasons you were the first guy I bailed up at the first club meeting I attended.......employing the "go for the big dude get the respect of the others" routine...........

.......but then I don't really count as being young anymore.......

Cheers,

Pete

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
    Hi,

LOL....they are the exact reasons you were the first guy I bailed up at the first club meeting I attended.......employing the "go for the big dude get the respect of the others" routine...........

.......but then I don't really count as being young anymore.......

Cheers,

Pete
    LOL, I was going to say something similar.
    I think it's more that, for those that don't know Greg, he's a damn scary looking fella.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Finally decided to throw my opinion into the mix - despite the original intention of this thread to be about infractions it seems to have descended into a commentary on the club as a whole.

I think that a lot of the "clique" problems come from people who don't have the time, patience and passion to be a part of a proper club - they're the ones looking for the quick fix, the anonymity of slagging people online, the online fawning and constant praise that can only be achieved by looking at camera-phono pics and a shopping list of stuff that they paid someone else to buy, fit, tune and service. People get put off by the fact that the forum has a fairly stringent (in their minds) sign-up process. And if they get knocked back for being unable to read the clearly laid-out guidelines, they decided to form an instant opinion of the club ("oh, must be because I don't own a Celica, fucking elitist pricks) instead of actually thinking about why their application was rejected. It's like someone applying for a home-loan and thinking that they got knocked back because the banks are up themselves, rather than the fact that they didn't fill out the form and have defaulted on two previous loans - it's never their fault.

I must admit though that the "clique" thing is slightly exacerbated by the fact that a substantial part of the knowledgebase that is Toymods is focused towards A-chassis cars, but that is simply because a substantial proportion of the club/forum owns said cars. Being a wrong-wheel-drive Corolla/Celica owner, I do recognise that some Toyota models aren't as widely discussed/enshrined in tech-text, but I try my bit to represent them and to help out others seeking information that I happen to know about. Whilst not being a resident of Sydney, I am still a club member (and have been for about 3 years from memory, joined up at my first dyno day) who makes semi-regular trips to the harbour city to partake in dyno days, 'Fest, and increasingly more non-car related social events, because I enjoy being a part of the club and feel that I can talk to any member about anything, even if they drive a poor-Japman's Mustang with a wheezy carbied truck motor.
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    I enjoy being a part of the club and feel that I can talk to any member about anything, even if they drive a poor-Japman's Mustang with a wheezy carbied truck motor.
    Get it right!

I enjoy being a part of the club and feel that I can talk to any member about anything, even if they drive a poor-Japman's Mustang with a wheezy carbied truck motor and an auto box.

seeyuzz
    river

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew162 View Post
    That's nice to know, but I firmly believe that it takes more than just "Toyota ownership" to fit in with some people. If you just own a Toyota and modify it for your purpose (whatever that may be) you're less likely to be involved with people who race their rides around circuits, or those that get along to drags, hillclimbs, khana's, etc. I approached YLD and tried talking to him a couple of times during the ToyotaFest about his Corolla (I doubt he'd have known who the hell I was), but both times he was engaged in some track talk to others.
    Sorry that was the case mate, as we haven't been introduced I am still yet to put a face to the name. Just butt in next time though, it's perfectly fine We're never talking about anything serious. I should note too I'm not the kind of person that approaches people who are looking at my car, I don't know why but I just don't.

I went around and checked out every car that day, most didn't have their owners nearby to have a look and chat about their cars though, yours included. Just means next show I'll have some cars to check out that I won't have seen in detail already

Quote Originally Posted by river
    YLD is a lot quieter and a fair bit less handsome in real life than he is on the forums.

Fkn LOL

Accurate description though

Quote Originally Posted by river
    The AW11 knocking is something new that started recently in the forums from rival joking between different people.
    It's a friendly rivalry and if anyone cares to check out the threads the banter goes both ways

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro ra28
    I know i come across as a douche.....

Quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by Farkurnell
    Fuck, none of you young ****s come up to me and say hello.
    Fark off, I did A few of you were sitting on chairs up with your Crowns having a chat, I was checking out the Crowns and butted in politely and asked who owned the bagged one and commented to you one how nice it was - it was one of my favourites at the show.

I'm not as young as some but I'm definitely still a ****

On the general theme this thread has now taken..........I think it's inevitable in life that you end up spending more time at events with people you have more common interests with and those you've know for a while and haven't seen in ages - just the way it is, it's certainly not exclusivity though.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L View Post
    Fark off, I did A few of you were sitting on chairs up with your Crowns having a chat, I was checking out the Crowns and butted in politely and asked who owned the bagged one and commented to you one how nice it was - it was one of my favourites at the show.

I'm not as young as some but I'm definitely still a ****

Introduce yaself next time dude. That way I can cross ya off my list of ****s who don't say hello.

Cheers, Greg.

Hi,

Crikey, it must be a massive list!

seeyuzz
    river

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

The rules for signatures have been amended:

• Forum wanted ads are permitted in signatures provided there is a link to a correctly placed wanted ad in the Classifieds section.

There is also a new Clubhouse section for Financial club members. In there you will find a sub section for the agenda and minutes of Toymods Board meetings.

Thanks for all the feedback.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.