Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

Default Re: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Quote Originally Posted by RiceburnaGTV View Post
    fan game?..
    AKA, "The Dubbo Fan Game".... where participants hurl various objects into a ceiling fan spinning at maximum speed, and the lights are turned out once the object is en-route to said ceiling fan.

maximum booze intake required.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

I think much of where this discuss has lead to is positive. There have been some good suggestions on how to improve the way the club operates and how it will progress into the future.

Rod - the offer still stands for me to re-join the board and lend a hand where I can.
    I emailed the board yesterday with my offer to join.
    I think i can help take up some of these suggestions as action, and just generally lend a hand to provide man hours and share the load a little bit.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

On the clique aspect, im not from Sydney and yet when i was up there in 07 for a mates wedding a whole bunch of Toymodders came out and had dinner and then drinks at the Lowenbrau (and other places with names that have been eclipsed by the sauerkraut).

Maybe that just means im part of the clique?
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Maybe that just means im part of the clique?
    I'd say its cos you dont come across as a douchebag on the forums; you are generally pretty friendly and quite helpful, and thus people are happy and willing to be accomodating and friendly in return.

I was a bit miffed i missed that night too.

Im hoping i can get to Radelaide one day soon. Hopefully im not excluded from that clique
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiceburnaGTV View Post
    fan game?..
    Can't believe you don't remember. you tried to sleep through it to no avail
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quite frankly I'm confused by the clique comments.

I have found that Toymods has always been open and friendly to all people and all Toyotas. Sure there is friendly rivalry and banter between people over joking about their Toyota is a better model than others, but in the end we all concede we are a part of the Toyota community and share a common interest and respect.

I remember at ToyotaFest allowing Andrew to borrow one of my chamois to wipe down his shitbox FWD crap box, and if was cliquey then I wouldn't do that.

(just kidding sunshine, you know I still love you and respect your car, the effort and time you put into it, and your fast moving, agile bulk).

Witzy-babes, we got your email and we are discussing the options of getitng more mods, tak-monsters, raodkills, eds, Neils and other peoples suggestions and input.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

I've not encountered any clique, click, clack or otherwise at any events.

If there was one I'd know about it being an intimidatingly handsome corolla owner from Canberra.

I got up to Sydney for I think 3 maybe 4 toymods events this year (Toyfest, rained out drags, dyno day.....) plus all the other stuff I find out about through this forum like the trackdays and Toyota Nationals etc and I've always had a good chat with a ton of people throughout the events and often met plenty of new people too.

It takes effort to rock up and meet new people if you don't know anyone but I think the common interest in all things Toyota certainly breaks the ice.

I'd be very damn surprised if anyone turned up to anything and was snubbed.

I'd offer to moderate but I think in the eyes of many that would be like leaving an adub owner in charge of the anal beads at a sex shop.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

speaking of Tak... I'll be in radelaide for BDO. Hoping to catch up with bigsperm for a tour of your city's finer drinking holes... be awesome if you wanted to come along too
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatthe? View Post
    Can't believe you don't remember. you tried to sleep through it to no avail
    Ahhh, fan game! Good times. I love it when witzy gets loose on the piss! Hella funny
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L View Post
    Very much agree with this, I've had an awesome time at any event I've attended. The first being the Show & Shine at Kiama many moons ago. You have to make an effort though, if you aren't willing to walk up to someone & introduce yourself then you will never get to know anyone.

Toymodders are a pretty forgiving bunch too, I made an absolute arse out of myself on the friday at the nationals woke up the next morning and got greated by some friendly ribbing but little else and had a ball for the rest of the weekend.
    If in doubt power out

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

To the "clique" comments, you need to remember that the inner quorum of members has been together for around 15 years. You can't just walk in and expect to be "part of the family".

I live in another state and on the handful of occasions where I have made trip up for whatever reason, I have always been made to feel welcome.

The way I see it, if sigs are such a problem, fuck them off. They serve zero purpose anyway.

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    speaking of Tak... I'll be in radelaide for BDO. Hoping to catch up with bigsperm for a tour of your city's finer drinking holes... be awesome if you wanted to come along too
    Yup ill be around, got my BDO ticket yesterday too (arrived in the post) so ill be there... cant guarantee any bells on though.

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L View Post
    Ive encountered lots of clacks and plenty of clunks..... and even a couple of whirrrrcrunchbangslamslamslampops too

Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl View Post
    I'd say its cos you dont come across as a douchebag on the forums; you are generally pretty friendly and quite helpful, and thus people are happy and willing to be accomodating and friendly in return.

I was a bit miffed i missed that night too.

Im hoping i can get to Radelaide one day soon. Hopefully im not excluded from that clique
    Heh, nah you wont be excluded from this clique... if Perm fits in anyone can.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

I'm starting to feel all the love being generated in this room already.

Cheers, Greg.

Zub Zub Domestic Engineer Gavatron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl View Post
    Don't think there's enough people here to even form a 'clique'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    This ^

Pretty sure it takes someone from interstate coming over here to instigate a meet.
    || 91 MX83 Cressida Grande 1JZGTE - Daily || 84 MA61 Supra 2JZGE - Track ||

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

I prefer to think of it as me being cool and attractive enough to draw a large crowd
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.