Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

think that part of the problem is that Toymods has expanded past a city of even state level, but to some degree still acts as if it is a localised club... i.e. you come to the meetings in Sydney on this date at this time.

Given that a whole bunch of members are interstate, this doesnt work. Let alone those who work non-standard hours such as Ed and Draven.
    I too pointed that out on the last page.
    ok, given that the club is only incorporated in NSW, and as such only has legal/organisational responsibilities in that state...

where and when do you propose that meetings are held? which town/suburb? what time?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Not necessarily proposing that meetings are held elsewhere, but simply that we, as a club, get away from the localisation of the design which its in now.

Two of the other organisations that im on the board/general committee for have an eVoting and eDiscussion system, where the items on the agenda are circulated via email amongst members pre-emptively before the meeting for discussion and clarification.

In Toymods case there is the pre-existing discussion system of the forums. Hence one way of doing this on here would be to allow for a seperate Club subforum, (under Club Membership and Feedback maybe), which is viewable and postable by Club Members only, where a topic could be started for each of the agenda items before each meeting, thereby allowing the Club members to have their say on an agenda item even if they cant make it to the meeting. An eVoting system (publically viewable polls) can be easily used if we need to vote on something.

So for example this would allow for club members, who cant necessarily get to the meeting, a chance to be able to talk about such things as the Group Buys, Infractions etc etc, in an environment which is limited to the paying club members.
    All of this is easily possible with the vBulletin system that we have now, with little to no extra effort.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I like that concept, tak-monster.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

Ed,

I totally understand, and no hard feelings mate.
    Im not on the board so i cant really respond regarding your suggestions and comments.... but im sure the guys on teh board do appreciate the feedback.

I know i would.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

The other thing i was going to say is that the eDiscussion system that we use for the Gen. Com. allows for the meetings to be much less laborious, as for the previous 2 weeks everyone has had a chance to talk over and hash things out more easily.
    Plus they tend to be less heated as conflicting points of view are usually worked out over email rather than at a table.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Hi,

Well, we have a Club Members Ride section, so I can't see why a similar section cannot be created for financial club members to discuss things relating to the club and forums, and use this as a basis for Board meetings to assist in decisions.

seeyuzz
    river

Yup, thats pretty much exactly what i was thinking.
    You can also start polls, same as you can in anything else, so that club members can vote on items if need be.

Hi,

Yes.

I edited that into my previous posts I sent to the Board today for reviewing, and hopefully get some action.

seeyuzz
    river

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jza80 View Post
    i dont think ive ever questioned the sacfrifices of those who do work to keep the club rolling. i dont expect them to do anything they cant do, and i appreciate what they Do do with what time they have.
    I'm glad to see this as when I read your comments from last night I was left with a very different impression.... I am in an opposite position to yourself, i.e can attend events/meetings but am limited on the time that I can commit to the forum due to family and work.

Also I think the clique thing is a little over played and I truely hope that it is not discouraging people from joining the club, or attending events......having been involved in a few different clubs over the years I have found the Toymods crew to be fairly open and accommodating ......of course within the club, as in any, there are groups of friends, and the occasional individual, that appear less open but that is just standard fare...not everyone will accept new people straight up.....

Now back to the topic......I think that takai's suggestions have merit and, to me ,seem to be a good way foward.

Cheers,

Pete

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

takai's ideas sound fantastic, and would allow the club to give interstate financial members a voice, as well as showing people that their opinions truly are being heard, which seems to be a big issue for a lot of members here.

also, wtf is this "clique" thing? At toyotafest I was happily chatting to mr2 owners, man-loving corolla owners, celica boys, supra/soarer dudes.... I haven't felt excluded at any club event because i'm not on the board or dont own a classic celica or any other BS of the sort.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    also, wtf is this "clique" thing? At toyotafest I was happily chatting to mr2 owners, man-loving corolla owners, celica boys, supra/soarer dudes...

Fuckin' elitist. What's wrong with us Crown owners? You got sumfin' against us??

also tip my hat to tak's suggestion.

and pete, its bloody difficult over the net, in written word, to convey a point particularly when theres a mix of issues at play. glad that sentiment got clarified for you as it wasnt ever a thing id even consider making an issue
    Last edited by ed; 26-11-2009 at 07:35 PM.
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Quote Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
    clique

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    "clique"
    Woohooo, keep up the spelling guys

and pete, its bloody difficult over the net, in written word, to convey a point particularly when theres a mix of issues at play. glad that sentiment got clarified for you as it wasnt ever a thing id even consider making an issue
    More italics needed?

Hi,

Yes it certainly is extremely difficult. It is also one reason why I will let these types of discussions flesh themselves out before adding my 2c.......

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Woohooo, keep up the spelling guys
    Ah dang the pressure is on now.......

Pete

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

Let me moderate.