Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Well said Karl.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

I'd volunteer to mod the Classifieds, happy to sit online for a couple hours a night and clean up the crap in their while I'm online. I think it & off topic/general talk is probably the biggest bottleneck for the mods short of it by the sound of things sig length.

I'm happy to help the club where I can, I'd like to be able to attend club meetings but geographically the hills is a kent of a place to get too.
    If in doubt power out

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

P.s. not quite on topic, but its annoying me a lot.
    Its a clique not a click
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

I just couldn't put myself up for the board - I just don't have the availability, what with on-call and after hours work (much the same as Ed, I would assume). You can't just say "Oh, no traumas tonight thanks, I'm at a meeting".

And I have *repeatedly* offered to assist with moderating the forums, particularly the little stuff like what river is talking about... but I've never heard anything back from anyone, so I just assume my help is not wanted. I'm just offering to help with the availability I have.

And, to demonstrate a point, time for an emergency call-out to some suicidal teenager.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

Yeah hand up here for an offer of online help, next year I am will to be able to help if needed with applications and mail outs etc as I am at the post office most days sending rads anyway.

cheers
    Nath
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    P.s. not quite on topic, but its annoying me a lot.
    Its a clique not a click
    No need for an infarction just hit them with an infraction.

Personally I don't see the need for both the infraction system as well as the rep system. They both essentially aim to do the same thing, so I'd either sod the rep system off & leave infractions in place. Alternatively as Simon has discussed is reset everyones rep back to zero.

I'm on plenty of forums and quite a few dumped the rep system for similar reasons to Toymods is seeing at the moment and that is repping power is simply out of control. They have then gone to something similar to the infraction system. Whereby a user has a warning meter when its hits 100% instant ban for a set period of time.

I also back Draven's point, everytime the issue of mods being stretched is raised people have put up their hands to help with the online side of things but nothing comes of it. I would love to run for the board but simply can't give my word that I can attend meetings. I work for a startup business as a result the shit hits the fan quite regularly and its arses on seats until the issues are resolved.
    Last edited by RONA; 26-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    If in doubt power out

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

Same here, I've offered to moderate but heard nothing in return. Most of the time I'm here on a daily basis.
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew162 View Post
    Same here, I've offered to moderate but heard nothing in return. Most of the time I'm here on a daily basis.
    exactly. I'm on here for significant periods every day while I'm writing reports, etc, so I can spare 15 mins here and there to clear some of the clutter
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

There's been a few of us that have put our hands up to help out with the forums.
    I'm thinking about running for a board spot next year. I try to get to as much stuff as my insane rosters allow.

Cheers, Greg.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    exactly. I'm on here for significant periods every day while I'm writing reports, etc, so I can spare 15 mins here and there to clear some of the clutter
    +1 I can't spare the time to join the board but I'm more than happy to help where I can, be that moderating or what ever.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Thanks for the offers of help.

I think it would be beneficial to get some assistance in moderating. and for the reasons spelt out in the above posts.

I have fired a PM to the Board for discussion on this and to see what we can set up and do. I will keep you posted.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Happy to go back to moderating classifieds
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl View Post
    Ed - i see your point about working all the time. But you know what - the board members have jobs and families too! So dont you think it a little unfair to expect them to be able to do what you cannot do?.
    i dont think ive ever questioned the sacfrifices of those who do work to keep the club rolling. i dont expect them to do anything they cant do, and i appreciate what they Do do with what time they have.

i however, simply cannot do the whole board/meeting thing. i just cant, i would be so unreliable it wouldnt be funny. what i CAN do is moderate, herd the cattle, and do my little bit. which i thought would also extend to offering opinion and rolling out observations and suggestions. but it seems that that isnt appreciated, so ill shut up and just get on with moderating.

and on that note, i should mention that as a tech mod i have nearly no power other than to edit and delete posts in that subforum. i cant edit sigs or anything, nor do i have any kind of access to other mod privs. so even that role is currently pretty limited... id be happy to do more, but i assume the board didnt want to hand that out.

id also be happy to be involved the 'pretty' side of the forums ie front page, articles, images blah blah blah.
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

I think that part of the problem is that Toymods has expanded past a city of even state level, but to some degree still acts as if it is a localised club... i.e. you come to the meetings in Sydney on this date at this time.

Given that a whole bunch of members are interstate, this doesnt work. Let alone those who work non-standard hours such as Ed and Draven.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    I think that part of the problem is that Toymods has expanded past a city of even state level, but to some degree still acts as if it is a localised club... i.e. you come to the meetings in Sydney on this date at this time.

Given that a whole bunch of members are interstate, this doesnt work.
    I too pointed that out on the last page.
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video