Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Forum Member

Default Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Hi guys

Firstly just want to say hi and say what a fantastic site and club you guys have. I'm Al and just recently purchased a RA28 here in Victoria from a top bloke that was wanting to sell to move on to another project. I've got a silver 240z which I recently refreshed see photo below.

So the celica is a RA28 with a 18RG EU fuel injected. Most of the car was complete but he used it as a weekender and the occasional track day. I'm in the middle of doing the same as I did to the 240z refreshing the interior with a alarms immobiliser and fixing all the incomplete interior as well as a small sound system.

Exterior I'm looking at just a few small things like new H4 headlight upgrade and re chromed bumpers as we'll as refreshing the rear tailgate and new front grille (honey comb grill) etc. engine bay has been cleaned up as best as I could. Seems to be a very straight car and looking forward to whacking some better rubber and wheels on her. Oh and the spotties nudge bar will be going ASAP!

Anyway here's some photos of her as is.

Forum Member

Hi guys

Firstly just want to say hi and say what a fantastic site and club you guys have. I'm Al and just recently purchased a RA28 here in Victoria from a top bloke that was wanting to sell to move on to another project. I've got a silver 240z which I recently refreshed see photo below.

So the celica is a RA28 with a 18RG EU fuel injected. Most of the car was complete but he used it as a weekender and the occasional track day. I'm in the middle of doing the same as I did to the 240z refreshing the interior with a alarms immobiliser and fixing all the incomplete interior as well as a small sound system.

Exterior I'm looking at just a few small things like new H4 headlight upgrade and re chromed bumpers as we'll as refreshing the rear tailgate and new front grille (honey comb grill) etc. engine bay has been cleaned up as best as I could. Seems to be a very straight car and looking forward to whacking some better rubber and wheels on her. Oh and the spotties nudge bar will be going ASAP!

Anyway here's some photos of her as is.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey there, my name is Bart and i live in the Netherlands. a half year ago i bought myself a nice toy a TA23 celica that was in a barn for 16 years. i worked on the car so it runs quite good with its 2tb engine. the car is a little rusty but that is not a problem in my social network there are alot of goof sheet metal fabricators so that will be good. i am an pretty good engineer that is familiar with cnc machines. milling and laser cutting (3D) so i can make my own parts. besides that i built my first engine a few years ago for my ej9 honda civic. it is a 1.4 engine non vtec but i managed to get 132 BHP and 150 Nm torque out of this engine and i did this by not listening to the honda people and just follow my own plans. that is the reason i joined this forum because when ive read some posts here i came to the conclusion that people here are open minded about ideas of other people instead of "shopping-your-honda-together" people....... so i hope i can learn a lot of you guys and maybe you guys a little bit of me but i am new to the oldskool toy world but the little bit i have seen so far it is MUCH better than the lot i have seen in the Honda community

Forum Member

Hey

My name is Matt,currently 23 years old from Christchurch,NZ.Im a welder/fabricator where i get to work on 5-500ton cranes and structural things.I have an interest in old cars,custom work and snowboarding,id rather make something than buy off the self item so i can improve my skills and have something different.Currently taking a break from life at the moment doing a winter season snowboarding in British Columbia,Canada.Have browsed across this site many a time while googling and thought why not sign up.Im onto my 3rd Toyota now.
    1st being a 1974 Fj40 short wheelbase,lightly modified.Painted,snorkle,refurbished interior,standard wheels with hubcaps and custom mods
    2nd 1983 KP61 Starlet,hotwire rims,lowered, basically just a road legal hack
    3rd Now my current Toyota is a 1971 MS65 crown deluxe,which ill do a write up on

Thanks
    Matt

Forum Member

Hello from the UK and happy new year

Just thought I'd say hi to the place that's supplied me with a vital piece for my 1UZ-FE into a Hilux Surf transplant. I'm doing the one with the manual gearbox and I've just bought the files, from this place, for the adapter (R151) so I can get them made up locally.

I have to say...it's extremely generous for the guy to share his work and allow people to have them made wherever they are. I'm so grateful.

I'll make a build thread once I'm done. But it's a long long project.

Happy new year

Forum Member

Hi all. I'm from QLD and this is my MX73 with it's new shoes.

Thanks for letting me join. Looking to manual swap this ASAP.

Forum Member

Hey guys. Have recently joined the forum. Currently dont own a toyota. Looking for a neat mx73 to throw a 1jz into for a bit of fun. Also for something a little different to drive with my mates mr30 skyline.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Great to see a thread revival and Welcome to the newer members
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Forum Member

Hello everyone

I'm the proud owner of a somewhat tired Toyota Lite Stout RK43. She has been in my husband's family since new ('68 or '69) and came off the road in 1984 following a suspension and tired engine combo. My first and only project vehicle, I aim to convert her to electric and tidy her up a bit. I know almost nothing about cars except that I drive them and even less about electrical vehicles. I hope this means I'm unhindered by dumb ideas and can learn along the way (naivety is a specialty with me).

How do I figure out the year of manufacture? I couldn't attach the only "compliance plate" I could find..... It says
    Model: RK43 GVW 5270 lb
    Engine model: 2 R
    stuff about the engine

Frame number: RK43 27379

Forum Member

Hey all just joined the site & big thanks to Vito for making it happen! Glad to be apart of the community.

2 images of it taking a little peak out of hibernation. Tons of snow still on the ground so probably a few more months before she can be put into duty

Also looking to locate front and rear smiley bumpers & banana tail lights if anyone has any leads be much appreciated!!

Peace!

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

that would be me

welcome to the forums
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    that would be me

welcome to the forums
    and thanks for the warm welcome!

Forum Member

G'day All,

I thought I would actually get off my behind and find another club to get involved with other than guys on Facebook.

My name's Matt and I'm a 36 year old Combat Engineer from Holsworthy. I attended Toyota Fest last year with my 86 and had a blast, met some really great guys, however I still feel a little guilty about walking away with best Modern, so I figure I may as well get involved and give back if I can.

Heres looking forward to getting to meet a few more of you!

Forum Member

Hey guys, I just got my membership card and sticker in the post a few days ago. Really happy about it. Although my Corolla is no show pony but it feels great to be accepted into a club and give me a great sense of belonging. The membership card was hand written and it just reminded me that the club is run by real people not just robots behind a computer screen. Look forward to come to the next club meet at Paramatta but it is kind of hard in winter, too cold and gets dark too soon.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

no worries man
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta