Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Forum Member

Default Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Evening folks, following some relatively intoxicated yarning with Sheepers and WDE_BDY I've signed up to see what all the fuss is about... some outstanding builds on here of some very cool cars.

Anywhoo... I'm Richy, live in Auckland NZ and like my Toyotas on the smaller side as a general rule. Ok, not a general rule, it is the rule. Currently working on a 1981 KP61 Starlet XL 'Lisse' (yuck spec womanly version of the KP!) which I have owned for the past 5 and a bit years... nearly 6 as it happens. Nothing too serious, the emphasis is on super clean, period correct (as much as I can get it) and above all to be super fun! I figure light weight, moderate power and some lively suspension will combine to provide a driving experience capable of causing copious grins.

Anyway... this is the car as it was before I re-pulled it all apart and started on the engine bay. Lots and lots of good bits going in over the next wee while.

Looking forward to having a poke around and maybe even contributing something worthwhile.

Cheers

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

I fucking love your starlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Forum Member

Hello everyone so just signed up got activated and yeah, I'm working on a ze build right now going into an ae102 And it will end up getting turbos aswell down the road a bit here. I need tomake some more money lol.

I live in Vancouver Canada so if your local hit me up I'd love to find people to talk tech with

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Hey guys, I joined over 5 years ago when I had my 3TGTE T18 Corolla, got my profile finally verified recently after losing the email and selling the T18 back then. Now I'm building an RA28 and 'refurbishing' an 82 Hilux 4x4 V8

I'll hopefully be bringing them both the Toyfest, and I'll be at Eastern Creek today so I'll stop by at the Toymods sector

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi guys,

I'm from tassie, and am currently building an s13 with a 1jz, got sent over here by some toyota mates and so far I've picked up a few handy bargains to make the process of fitting the 1j easier! Seems like a good place to suss out info as well, so I'm sure I'll keep hanging around, can't see myself going back to the sr anytime soon . . .

Forum Member

Hi all,
    Found my way to the site after seeing a few cars around the place here in Canberra, thought i might drop in & introduce myself.

I drive an EP91 glanza replica with a few mods, built her up over the past 4 years
    Hope to catch up with some Canberra folk soon.

Ben

Hi everybody,

My name's Dave and I am an Aussie (ex. Perth/Melbourne) living and working in Yokohama, Japan.

I've been here a few years already. My previous car here was a 400ps MR2 with a built motor, TD06 and a shopping list of parts on it by the previous owner. For a daily-driver though, the MR2 was ridiculously too small, and she was getting a tad long in the tooth.

My new toy here is a 1996 ST205 Celica GT-FOUR.

Needless to say I have been scouring the 'net for information as to what modification path I should take on it. I just fitted a full 3' C-ONE exhaust, and had the super-strut suspension all replaced with new parts. Fitting some TRD springs and a whiteline ARB in a few weeks, along with a Greddy Profec-B to 'wake her up'. Hopefully with around 1 bar of boost, it should transform the car. If not, looks like I might have to think about changing turbo's to perhaps an KO Racing GT28/PT28.

Preferably I'd like to keep it quick, reliable and STREETABLE without having to open up the motor, and it seems that the only real turbo kit upgrades out there are offered by KO Racing, Berk, ATS and EMS Powered. Are there any others I don't know about?

Sadly there isn't much on offer here at all from the JDM tuners and manufacturer's anymore. Such a low-volume seller here in Japan, and the ST205 had a pretty short build run.

Hope you like the pics. The pic of my old MR2 is with some friends in their NSX's up at Hakone; a famous mountain area popular with weekend folk from Yokohama and Tokyo to head out there on a nice day with their machines; 2 wheeled and 4. The other pic is a pretty iconic Japanese image I manage to snap driving through the mountains early morning in spring - and was lucky enough to get that photo of the '2 underneath a sakura (cherry blossom) tree in full bloom.

Anyways, I am glad to be a part of Toymods! I look forward to getting to know many of you on here

Dave

CelicaFerryfrontCROP2.jpgCelicaBosoFrontCROP2.jpgCelicaBosoRearCROP2.jpgIMG_3592crop2.jpgIMG_3123crop2.jpg

Hello Toymods!

My name's Pete, I've just joined up. Had an ST-204 until it got wrapped around a tree while it was parked (??) but used the insurance payout to help fund a ZZT-231, which has always been my dream car! Look at doing some *very* minor mods, and hope to soon start doing some friendly hill climbs or what-have-you.

I live in Melbourne.

Toymods Club Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi all. Joined earlier this month to gain status of "enthusiast" as required under new NSW RTA WROV legislation after my immaculate 1997 Vienta was written off by GIO after being hit by glass from a towie which peppered bumper, bonnet, windscreen and radiator with glass. "needs full respray" says GIO. Written off - Please find attached cheque for $812.45 after we deducted unpaid premiums, excess, rego, and salvage value of car. NOT HAPPY JAN.
    Anyway I was told if I join your club which I am told is registered with RTA as "approved" under WROV legislation, I can apply to have it repaired. Please tell me I am on the mark.
    PS I want to update my profile details. How do I do that?
    Dave

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizz View Post
    Dude,

lovely Glanza!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Forum Member

Hi just joined my name is Trevor but every one calls me convict I drive a black Toyota Soarer jzz30 with minor mods but it's off the road due to a blown gearbox so I'm driving a mk4 supra silver will post pic of my Soarer as soon as I get a chance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IxIconvict; 30-10-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Greetings all, am a long-time viewer, short-time member & recording post #1. Thought it was time to pop in & say hello, so hello!

I'm currently recommencing the build of my AE82 TC hatch, pottering about in an AE80 for a daily. Beyond those cars, I know practically nothing automotive so this forum is a great reference point. Damn have I got some reading to do!

Howzit, all, from sunny South Africa!

I'm a new member, but an old lurker.

I tried to list all the Toyotas I've owned, but my signature is too small for them all. So I listed my favourite vehicle from the current crop.

(Past)
    E70 Corolla Sprinter RWD 1.6
    E90 Corolla 1.6 4A-FE
    E90 Corolla 1.8 7A-FE
    1982 Land Cruiser HJ47 (2H) yellow
    1988 Land Cruiser HZJ75 (1HZ) white
    1988 Land Cruiser FJ62 (3F) white
    1988 Land Cruiser FJ62 (3F, converted to 1HZ) white
    1992 Land Cruiser HZJ75 (1HZ) light blue
    1992 Land Cruiser HZJ75 (1HZ) white
    1996 Hilux DC (2.8 lt 3L) metallic blue
    1998 Land Cruiser HZJ75 (1HZ) white
    1998 Land Cruiser HZJ80 (1HZ) silver
    1998 Land Cruiser HZJ100 GX (1HZ, converted to 1HD-T) "Silver Bullet"
    2003 Land Cruiser HZJ79 (1HZ) white
    2003 Hilux Legend35 Raised Body (1KZ-TE) white
    2007 Land Cruiser HZJ79 (1HZ) white
    2011 Land Cruiser GRJ79 (1GR-FE) white

(Present)
    1998 Camry 2.2SEi (5S-FE) white (granny's car now)
    2003 Land Cruiser HZJ100 GX (1HZ, converted to 1HD-T) white
    E120 Corolla RunX 1.6 1ZZ-FE (sister's car now) gold
    2009 Hilux D4-D 4x4 D/Cab (1KD-FTV) silver
    2011 Hilux D4-D 4x4 (1KD-FTV) silver

Forum Member

Hey guys, my namds daniel and ive just signed up to this forum after knowing about it for a long time.

Im currently building a 2JZ 4runner (when i have money) but it keeps getting pushed aside since bills keep turning up

Ill be going for around 450 - 500 rwhp which wont be hard to get. So far i have a haltech e-11, cam gears, and a GT42, but going to sell the 42 and get a newer, better turbo. So far the 2j is in the car bolted in and waiting for the next step.

I had an A80 supra before the 4runner with a couple of basic mods and before that an R32 that i converted to turbo, then blew up, then rebuilt. It had forged pistons, big fuel pump, heavy duty clutch, haltech e-11, rebuilt turbo with steel wheels and a few other bits.. was crazy to drive.

Forum Member

Smile Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Hello,

Long time viewer, short time poster.

I have migrated onto toy mods after recently selling my Nissan Skyline and before was heavily involved with the R31 Skyline Club.

I sold my Skyline and I was in search of another car of the same era, and Cressidas naturally came to mind.

Today I bought my first Toyota! A 1992 MX83 Cressida Grande in Champagne, it is completely stock and in great condition

Plans to come...I don't know where my mind will take me but I know that a 1UZ is definitely on the cards.

Cheers,

Brendan.