Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Greetings,

Been lurking for a while but now I've taken the plunge I will introduce myself.

OK, first up a confession, I'm not really Toyota through and through and I say this despite my daily hack being a "Killer Wasps" RAV4 and the previous hack was a Prado. I am, however, putting a 4AGE (small port) and a T50 into a Triumph Spitfire and thus my interest in the site.

This is my first attempt at restoring and upgrading a classic vehicle, all I've ever done with cars in the past was the minimum required to keep my early cars on the road and keeping the buggy racing 30 odd years ago. To describe me as a complete and utter novice at all this would be a compliment. I have lots of questions and am looking for advice.

What have I done so far?

Bought a 75% restored1966 MK II Triumph Spitfire in really good general condition. I had thought to finish it off and get it on the road but after some basic research quickly came to the conclusion that what used to be a nippy little car 46 years ago wouldn't be capable of keeping up with the slowest new car on the road let alone give the local Commodore jockeys a run for their money.

That's when I hit the internet in earnest and found a couple of Spitfire conversions featuring the venerable 4AGE and various W series boxes. Even thought about a Beams with a six speed but rejected it as too big, too heavy and too expensive. Finally sourced a red top half cut in Melbourne and in chatting to Ward at Toyospares was convinced that the T50 22 spline was the go.

Ever since then I've been trying to find out the best way to convert the donk to RWD, ie. what parts are needed, how to make the changes, match the box to the motor, how to get the exhaust going in the right direction etc. etc. etc. As I said, I'm brand new to all this and, as a consequence, have been spending more time sitting with a mouse in my hand instead of working with a spanner.

Q1. What does "Bump" mean in "For Sale" threads?

The story continues..........
    Last edited by phwoar; 09-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Forum Member

Hi Guys,

I'm from Poland. I am here for quite some time but have never really introduced myself so I thought that perhaps now is a good time :-) So hello to everybody :-)

I own twincharged ae82 corolla. Bought the car 5 years ago and to put it short restored it, swapped it to 4agze and recently twincharged it. This car is one of those things that make me feel alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_XaSCOAewE
    Last edited by Sznaps; 01-11-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Forum Member

Gday,

My Name is Jay and I now proudly own an AW11.
    Browsing these forums has given me a few ideas and you all seem like a good bunch of people so I just paid my Toymod membership.
    Hopefully I will make an appearence at a few of the ACT meets and the festival on Jan 28th.

Forum Member

Hi all,

My name is Benjo and I've been referred here by the one they call ivandude
    picked up my 86GT this week and loving every second im in it or even just looking at it.
    hope to learn a lot here, will be creating a build thread in a bit, no mods yet though.

Forum Member

Hello all! Another member from the US here. Currently own and daily drive a 70' RT43. Mostly stock for now but future plans include drivetrain upgrade. I hope to learn and share when I can.

Forum Member

Hi. Nando from Florida and I own a GX71 Mark II GT with the 1g-gte engine so I come to learn and find info on this engine cause we never had this engine or vehicle in the U.S, I think mine is the only GT in the states so I'm here to share and care.

Forum Member

Hello to all, Im titch (obviously a nickname) to be honest ive been on this forum for donkeys years just never got around to posting so hopefully lots of activity from now on. I own a RA40 Coupe with quite a few mods still in the process of building so its not quite finished of yet. I'm a mechanic by trade or in proper terms Automotive Technician. Did it for a while and left as it was just to demanding take this engine out in 5 minutes. Obviously doing something else but main hobby is toyotas ive owned quite a few, owned ke70, 3 RA40's and my old gem i miss dearly my MA70 GT with a 1jz anyway hello to all members above my post and to all old members reading mine. Ill be putting a build thread of my celica soon

thank you

Forum Member

sorry my post posted twice please delete

thank you

Forum Member

GDAY, New member from Tassie, been into toyotas for years in the Uk, had 2 decent powered starlet turbos and was a guinea pig for a few parts in the early days of toyotagtturbo.com, also had ae92 gtis and celicas. now living in Oz and have finally got myself another toyota. i bought a 1997 AE111 Toyota Levin (auto but not for too long), to complement my wifes yaris. i will be looking out for any tips and parts soon...

Forum Member

Gday guys my name is Josh im from Adelaide. I have been a fan of early Toyota for some time. i have owned many cars i am at about 31 and at the age of 23 including 10 early rollas a bunch of turbo Gtir's and evo's now im in love with Toyota Crowns i have a 1968 crown i am the third owner. i also have a ke55 with a 20v bt here are some pictures

my rolla

Forum Member

sorry guys double post

Junior Member Grease Monkey ta22fan's Avatar

G'day - Paul from Wilberforce NSW (outside Sydney). Started work on my '74 TA22 about 5 years ago (first attempt at a car resto). Mostly done and on the road late last year. Hoping to join a few of the Sydney events this year.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi everyone!

My name is Ashley, currently living in Wollongong, NSW (hoping to move to Sydney by the end of the year). I've been lurking for a few weeks now, but I figured it's time to start getting involved. I recently purchased a MZ21 Soarer, so look forward to a build thread about that sometime in the future. I've been interested in cars for a long time, but that interest has waxed and waned throughout my life, and my tastes have certainly changed during that time. These days my passion lies with BMW (anything from 1960's up until the E38, not a fan of the design aesthetic after that), Mercedes (1960's until present), Toyota (Soarer, Cressida/Cresta/Mark II/Chaser, 1st-3rd Gen Celica & Corolla, Supra MkII/MkIII, Crown until 2000, and Century), and finally Nissan (Silvia, Skyline, F30/F31 Leopard, Laurel up to C34, 1st-4th Gen Z series, and probably a whole bunch more I don't even know about yet). I also have a soft spot for the American muscle/pony car scene but I cbf listing stuff for that. My technical knowledge is pretty thin at the moment, but I'm slowly picking up things as I go along, and I'm eager to learn more. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Sounds good, get a build thread going
    I like all the cars listed except for modern Merc's lol

Forum Member

G'day All

My name is John , Im an ex Toyota Mechanic from the early 90's through to the early 2000 and gave up my love of working on cars for driving trucks interstate . Im a true Lover of Toyota especially older types . I currently own a 1985 Toyota Corona Sedan with the 2SC in it and its basically a W.I.P . I purchased a great set of GULL RS Wheels for it to help dress it up a little there 16x7's with a 25 offset , the car was a one owner who purchased it brand new from the show room here in Brisbane and has been a daily drive for him , its been Garaged all its life so there is no rust any where to be found I bought it for 500 bux and have loved every minute im in it . Ive owned a few other cars such as Suzuki Swift GT-I , Corolla , Mini and so on , I love small engines and the amout of power they can produce

I also build scale models as well both car and trucks
    Attached Images Attached Images