Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Hello all,
    I'm now approved and look to reading another car forum haha.
    I've just bought an mx32 cressida and will shortly create a members ride thread.

Forum Member

Hey just thought I'd say hey, names Mandi, from Tas but recently moved to Qld, owned s chassis cars for 7 years and now have picked up a jzz30 for a daily so thought Id join a toyota based forum.

Lets see, I'm an auto electrician and I have been drifting competitively on track for a year and a half, was a qualifier in the first round of the Australian Drifting Grand Prix, round one in Privateer Class and last year for the Drifting Tasmania series I placed 11th out of 46 drivers.

Anyway pics of my current rides:

My 180sx, now track only, 300rwhp, s14 front, completely airbrushed by myself, etc etc

And my new daily to which I will put up a build thread (as it will not be staying stock standard) and hopefully meet some other jz owners!

Last edited by Mandi; 19-08-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Forum Member

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I’m from NZ but moved to Perth around four years ago. Back in NZ I had a MA70 Supra and was a somewhat active member of Toyspeed. Since moving to Perth I have acquired JZA70 Supra which I will get around to taking photos of

I’m really looking forward to getting back into the import community and attending some meets and cruises over here in WA.

Forum Member

Hey everyone ive finally got approved and able to post now so i'll tell you about myself, My name is Kyle and im 18 turning 19 later this year ive always been interested in cars mainly the engine conversion areas for some reason and iam always willing to learn from the older generation of car enthusiasts ! earlier this year i scored a MINT 1988 Toyota Cresta GX81 i'll put the specs and everything in a builld thread or members rides. My job is warehousing it isnt the greatest job in the world as i'd like to be around cars to be honest... but i gotta do what i can.

Anyways thats enough about me and here's one pic of the ol' girl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gx81_cresta; 01-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Forum Member

Hi everyone, love this site, seriously cool cars/projects on here. My name's John, 30, from Cork, Ireland. Motor mechanic, obsessed about old skool Toyota's.
    im a regular member on AE86irl.com, some of you might know from that. As my profile name suggests, I'm the proud owner of not 1, but 2 AA63 Carina GT-R's, one ex-track/drift yellow, other 1 is stanardish factory spec in white, both are 85 models, also my soon to be daily will be a 96 Carina E 2.0TD Executive, with a CT26 from MR2 being added for some extra 'boost' LOL.
    Also I recently bought a red 85 SA65 Celica rolling shell, needs work, dropping in a 3SGE Gen 2 or 3, either on bike carbs or ITBs, havent decided yet, w56 box and supra LSD.
    Always stuck in some resto project either my own or 1 of the friends, once it's a Toyoa badge, happy out.

I'll try get pics up soon

Forum Member

Gday - Stephen (Jed) here. Not usually a member of a Car forum, as I'm more into Motorcycles. But i have found that these type of Forums are a wealth of knowledge.
    I have been looking around for a cheapie second car for a run about and have just purchased an 86 AE32 Corolla Hatch - 160k for the princely sum of 2 Cartons of beer. Couldn't knock it back for that price. Needs a bit of a tidy up and a Fuel Pump (I think). But it's not in too bad condition. I'm sure you guys on here will be very helpful in the future while I get it up to scratch.

Cheers, Jed

Forum Member

Hi from Malaysia!~ Currently driving a BT AE101 Corolla

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Hi Blake,
    Those rattly as hell cats internally break up and then spit their insides out of the tailpipe.
    Then they are a high flow cat with a nice sound.

Hi everyone, my name is Wesley. I've attended multiple toyotafests over the years always flying under the Altezza Club of Australia banner. Was introduced to here a long time ago by MOS. I still currently own the IS200 however do look to move onto another toyota

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey all, my name is kristen,
    ive been browsing on the forums for a while now and thought id finally make a post haha

Im 19 years old and live in melbourne.
    I have a 72 TA22 that im currently restoring, its got a 4AGE in it at the moment, completely re-done interior almost completely original, my paint is terrible so its gonna get painted soon

I dont know what else to say so yeah!

Forum Member

Cool Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

doubled... delete?

Forum Member

Cool Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Evening.
    Tobias here, 19 and single (probably for a reason).
    Thought i'd join up as these forums seem like a good place for someone looking for car parts, and the know how to put them together!
    i flew up to Lismore the other week to pick up this beast after it had been sitting in a field for a year and a half:

Bought a new battery, chucked it in and drove it all the way back!
    needs some love (DEAR GOD RUST) but i think she got the right owner for it because it was love at first sight. (despite what all the friends and relatives say)

looking forward to the meets if i can get her roadworthy!

Junior Member Grease Monkey MorgzMods's Avatar

Pity your in ACT mate, I'd a local RA40 owned up here in Bris. Throw up a build thread asap with more piccies.

or feel welcome to PM me if there's anything at all i can help with (i've got a Hanyes service manual and an 18r engine manual)

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Labourfix View Post
    Evening.
    Thought i'd join up as these forums seem like a good place for someone looking for car parts, and the know how to put them together!
    i flew up to Lismore the other week to pick up this beast after it had been sitting in a field for a year and a half:

needs some love (DEAR GOD RUST) but i think she got the right owner for it because it was love at first sight. (despite what all the friends and relatives say)

Holy crap mate I'm sure the local Canberra Celica Group (wink wink) could have found you an RA40 closer to home.

Keep an eye on the ACT events section to so you can come meet the other Celica nutters in Canberra.
    Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Labourfix View Post
    Evening.

Holy crap mate I'm sure the local Canberra Celica Group (wink wink) could have found you an RA40 closer to home.

Keep an eye on the ACT events section to so you can come meet the other Celica nutters in Canberra.
    Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group