Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Forum Member

Default Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Hey all, im new here but bound to be the one to ask all the weird questions though i do know how to use a search feature. I founded club-k.co.nz about 10 years ago and stil run it so nkow a little about online car forums.

My current car is a 1984 KP61 Starlet (Widebody race/street car)

Currently fitting a 3sge BEAMS engine from a 2000 model Altezza, complete with 6 speed box and factory ecu. I already have the aftermarket pod and adapter and a 6kg billet flywheel (right place right time job at the wrecking yard). I bound to ask all sorts of weird questions and peoples opionins during the build then go and fix what i did wrong, just the way i work.

This was taken just the other weekend at the 4&Rotary Ardmore Showdown in NZ.

The car wasnt going then but it is now first start 14/03/2012
    and i have an even better one showing the altezza dash working in my starlet. car, wiring, dash video

if you are keen for more background it can be found on my personal website

so yeah ..get ready for all the really annoying questions to be asked. I will use the search feature first i promise.

Q
    Last edited by 20vkp61; 20-03-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey everybody,
    I'm from Washington State USA and have been working on corollas for the past couple years, started out with an 82 liftback sr5 that I picked up for $450 and built it up with a stroked 1.8 2tc block, mild cam, 18r pistons. knife edged and balanced crank. 2tc head racing port and polished, ferrera valves 44 and 38 i believe. dual valve springs. and more. ae86 lsd rear as well on TRD springs

I was going off to school and the engine was not running because it ran dry on oil so I pulled engine and tranny out and started parting it out. whatever i didn't part I traded for an M62 supercharger for my next project which still is needing to be started because I'm in college. The next project is an 84 AE86 sr5. only good thing about the car is that it runs, has stock manual steering, and it was fairly cheap. The plan for it is to put the 2TC from the 82 I had into it and supercharge it and efi. I already have MSII, Intake manifold, GTS gas tank and lines, supercharge, and other parts but still acquiring things, i have a build log on another forum I may link. For the picture of the sr5 from when i picked it up from the junk yard.

Also i recently purched an AE86 sr5 with a red top high comp 4ag with low mileage and gts rear end with megan coilovers and UEO style products on it. I'm planning to trade it for something more enjoyable and am looking at a early 70's 2 door wagon and will meet up in the next month or two to see if we can work out a trade.

no i did not paint the wheels that's what the previous owner had on it. so far what i have done is install more interior. put in a solid pinion spacer and all new bearings in the 3rd member. raised it up. put on near stock exhaust. sold 1 piece drive shaft because pinion angle was far off when lowered and i have no need for a 1 piece, I bought it for a daily.

nice to be on the forum. I hope i can provide information for others.

Forum Member

Hi all,

My name is Mat, good mates with TRB01J. I'm in the process of building a twin turboed 1UZ. putting it in an MX83 cressida grande with all the bells and whistles. its white with a sunroof. Love my toyotas. my first car was an AE82 seca with a 86kw in it. actually went hard and ran a 16.1 1/4 mile.

Ive had my MX83 for about 18 months. bought it with a blown head gasket (as ya do). replaced it and blew another head gasket about 2 months ago. so the decision was made. Screw the 7M and put in a new donk. so a decision was made.. 1UZFE it is. And then it began. N/A or boosted.. yeah boost it. then to leave it somewhat standard or go stupid... Yeah go stupid.

So i hope that this is up an running soon and that if i have any questions or queries that someone on here should be able to help.

Thanks guy hope to see you around

Forum Member

Hey all,
    I think I've posted in here a while back when I first joined (was gonna buy an ST185, fell through, yada-yada), but now I'm back and have bought that ST185, albeit the GT-FOUR.
    Yesm, I'm one happy camper

Forum Member

Hey all I'm Heath from South Australia

This is my second RA60 and my baby work in progress

I'm kinda desperate for parts at the moment too so if you're in SA please inbox me or something if you have RA/MA61 bits laying around! Would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Low rep 1st year Apprentice

Hi Guys
    Great to be a part of the forum. I am a regular member at the SupraForums.com /.com.au forums so I thought might as well get on board here as well.
    Thanks

Forum Member

Hi Guys
    My names Theo here are a couple of pics of the car i just bought i a m learning about her everyday and loving it.cant wait to go to the next meeting as i only live out west.See you all there
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Greetings from South Africa. Like myself in my younger days, my son Ken races a standard 2T engine in what we call "stock rods". The idea is to keep the costs reasonable. It is very exciting "door handle and mirror stuff" (ie it is a bit rough). Got to reading a lot of what Sticky posted (thanks for the info Sticky) and decided to join the Forum. In a field of about 30 cars this is the only Toyota. There are a few things you are allowed to do such as negative camber, a front strut brace (recently allowed - haven't got to that yet) and an exhaust branch. I am past the stage of racing myself but I do enjoy supporting him and now we are building a new car using an SR5 body. Sorry I have not got to grips with your terminology of the models yet. We hope to have the new car ready for the new season next year 'cause the old one is starting to look a bit nasty.
    Last edited by sneaky pete; 15-07-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Forum Member

G'day fellas, thought i'd better say Hi. I'm Glenn and I live in Perth. Got an AE82 TwinCam which has been parked up for the best part of a year due to a suspected blown head. In my head I know I should just get rid of it but when it's going well it's the best car in the world to drive and I love it. Mechanically it's fully stock, even down to the exhaust. Decided i'll spend some bucks on it to get it going again, any suggestions as to what I should do to get a few more ponies out of it? Not keen on an engine conversion or turbos. A few guys on here have said go to WTF Autos in Kelmscott so going to see him soon. Cheers, Glenn.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

welcome to all of you! some nice cars on this page..
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Tidy AE82, dont see many of them around any more.

Junior Member Grease Monkey stealth's Avatar

Hey guise!

I'm cam, I'm 21 from Perth. This is my 1984 SA63 Celica. 130,000 kms genuine, 2 owners.
    It came with silly amounts of spare parts, 4 gearboxes including a w58, 2 steering racks, 3 steering columns, boxes and boxes of electrical goods and mechanical bits, headlights, taillights, centre consols, gearbox mounts, 4 tailshafts etc... For... Wait for it... $2000.

I plan for a 1JZ and W58 conversion in the next few months, I have roughly $7k to spend on the conversion including suspension work and wheels/tyres.

I'm just going to be doing heaps of reading and gathering parts... I'll update when I start the 1J

Cam

Forum Member

Hey man nice Celica. U live about 5 mins from me, I recognise the old 911 across the road. I've tried to buy the red AE82 twinky seca around the corner from u which has been parked at the top of their driveway for like 2 years with no succes.

Junior Member Grease Monkey stealth's Avatar

Yeah I've noticed that thing!
    on cockman rd right?

keep an eye on my place when you drive past, you'll see a jzx90 front cut soon haha

Forum Member

Yeah that's the 1, tried a couple of times and the old mans like 'nah mate me and my son are going to do it up' I think it's ready to collapse in a pile of rust now