Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Forum Member

Default Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

Hey guys,

My name's Barry and i've recently joined the forum so I thought i'd introduce myself.

I currently own a non turbo MKIV Supra and i'm saving up to import a Mark II when i'm off my p's

Forum Member

Hi everyone,

I am a new SW20 owner, my previous car was an 05 ZZW30 MR2 with hardtop, which I had from new.

I loved my baby dearly but was unfortunate enough to put her in a wrong place wrong time situation in which she was collected by a truck :-(
    For me I could not walk away from the MR platform, the car I always wanted was an SW20. So now I have one :-)

My love for the SW20 styling was something I picked up as a kid growing up in the 90's looking through Dad's car magazines. The cars which stuck in my head from an early age where the 3000GT and MR2.

We are a Toyota family now with my wife driving a Aurion Sportivo and my son is eyeing up the SW20 when he is old enough.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by DANI3L View Post
    Hey guys, my namds daniel and ive just signed up to this forum after knowing about it for a long time.

Im currently building a 2JZ 4runner (when i have money) but it keeps getting pushed aside since bills keep turning up

Ill be going for around 450 - 500 rwhp which wont be hard to get. So far i have a haltech e-11, cam gears, and a GT42, but going to sell the 42 and get a newer, better turbo. So far the 2j is in the car bolted in and waiting for the next step.

I had an A80 supra before the 4runner with a couple of basic mods and before that an R32 that i converted to turbo, then blew up, then rebuilt. It had forged pistons, big fuel pump, heavy duty clutch, haltech e-11, rebuilt turbo with steel wheels and a few other bits.. was crazy to drive.
    So far this vehicle is a work of art and Dan is a very clever man. Little things like the engine mounts look like they're moulded and some things factory but I have no idea how he is going to get the bonnet shut given the turbo he wants to use. His Mrs has suggested just slamming it till it shuts
    His. 2005 GRJ120 Prado VX
    Hers. 1995 KZN130 Surf (soon to be replaced by a Rav4)
    1981 LN40 Hilux Trayback ute. Now an RN40 with Surf interior
    1992 Factory Widebody 2door Surf 1UZ-FE V8 Auto, now for sale

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

hi all, new to forum , located in hunter valley, just got a 92 sr5 ltd 4runner. 3vze, badly want to convert to 1uz vvti or 2jz prefer the v8 thou.

fishing and taking dog to beach has never been so good. will be keeping an eye on 4th surf,s conversion,

also have mint rx4 coupe stored away for a rainy day.

chow for now.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Päivää et pätkähti!
    So it's J.Solja (some may remember me and my Corona MkII) from Finland.Been with Toyotas since -88 (or something like that.. Hell,I build my first turbo 18R-G then!) and currently just port heads and do other performance engine building/simulations and so on.
    Please foregive me my sometimes rude/sarcastic or some other way annoying comments;it's just me and my old age and I don't take BS ..
    I say what I know (and when one work this long with engines one must admit that I don't know a shit!) and maybe have a opinion about something but if I don't know I don't.
    Been working with my flowbench since 2001 and seen all kind of crap and gems.I am just learning to find how little I know (as it have been every year before..) but at least I avoid the salesman habit to inflate the numbers..

So,any questions about Toyota heads are welcome! (lot's of different I have done/flowed but not all of them and few with serious effort.You get what you pay..)

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Hello everyone!
    Brian here from Scotland.....happy to be onboard!

I used to be a Toyota mechanic back in the late 70's and fell in love with the Gen 1 Celica's. I rallied a couple back then and they carved their way in to my heart!
    When I got the chance last year to restore one I jumped at the chance and I haven't stopped smiling since!
    She's a 76 St but with a modified 2tg engine and uprated suspension and I am in love with her....sad I know!

I want to re-learn everything Celica and I'm sure I'm in the right place!

Cheers guys........join me in a wee dram!
    Brian

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Tony, based in Adelaide, long time viewer of these forums and first time poster.
    Ever since purchasing my first car, 89' ST162 White Lightening, over two years ago I have been reading the seemingly endless posts of these forums trying to absorb some knowledge to improve my ride. After reading some of the conversions and projects that people have undertaken I have been inspired to attempt something of my own. At this stage the ST162 is looking a bit sick with a suspected HG leak. I have decided that a nice shinny gen 2 3SGTE would be a good addition... So in the coming weeks I will be starting my project and my time here.

I am looking forward to becoming a part of this community and being able to expand my automotive skills, and hopefully contribute to the already extensive pool of knowledge that is here.

Once again, Hello to everyone

Aerrow

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

^ That Aerrow guy.. He's alright, can we have him approved so he can post n stuff??

I'm sure there's plenty of info on here for you to digest Tony!!

If I hear of any other tips i'll let your brother know!

Thanks for the welcome,
    My project will be underway soon, just waiting for the front cut to arrive.
    I will be making a post about the progress of the project as I am doing it with photos and write ups. Getting excited now should be here soooooon!

Hi all,
    My name is Ash and I've decided to get involved in this great forum after browsing for a while. It's great to see so much modding talent getting together and sharing the knowledge with all things Toyota.
    I'm somewhat new to the Toyota scene as an owner after having a short lived KE20 which was crashed into before I got my licence. Since then I've mainly been modding old commodores as well as building up a 1964 mini deluxe from a bare shell with my old man who was heavily involved in the celica club back in the day when gen 2's were new.
    So after first experiencing the mighty celicas from a baby seat I'm now back in the celica world 30 years later thanks to my fiancées love of the classic TA22. She bought it as her first car after a long search for a decent example and after five years of it serving as a great daily driver we've decided it's time to start doing it up in our own unique way. It will still be our second car and keeping it on the road will be a priority so I'm anticipating a slow build process as we do as much of it as we can on our own. So the fun starts here as we search for a nice twin cam and convert it from auto to manual. Most of the car is still original and visually we will still keep it period but from there who knows we're it will end up.
    I look forward to meeting some of you at future events and getting some great feedback from these pages.
    Cheers, Ash.

Gday guys

Uncle condor here

Had a variety of toyotas over the years hiaces, hiluxes, a couple of ae86s, some ae71s, ma61 and now a gz20 currently rotting in my yard. I have a short temper so unfortunately whilst in the process of respraying the hiace I misplaced a piece of trim and then proceeded to smash it with a hammer. I also believe I am the king of unfinished projects which is a shame for me but other people have really scooped up some bargains from me in the past. In the process of hunting down another corolla for rally. Although riding dirt bikes is how I like to spend my weekends now. I am fucking shit at riding compared to even the kids whose fathers have bought them a shiny toy. Hopefully I dont injure myself. Anyway mechanic by trade, but painting roofs pays much better so thats what I do.

Nice to meet you all. Good forum youve got here.

Forum Member

Hello everyone, my name's Alex and I have an AE111. I was recommended to the forum by DavGT4 who came into my work during the week. I'm looking to turbo my AE111 eventually but I don't know whether to turbo what I have, a 4agze, 3gste or something else. Hopefully I'll be able to gather the information I need during my time here.

hey guys!
    Eli from north brizzy QLD Australia! i have a black mx83 yet do have a 1j conversion cannot wait, toymods is great for info and support great site so far good people here, heres my car.!

Hello guys,

My name is Richard, i live in Las Vegas and come from France.
    I have an Hachiroku with no engine (Broken).
    I went swap with Black top, 3SGTE or 3TGTE. I'dont idea now in my engine choice.
    I need information about the 3TGTE.

Wink Re: Official Hello and Welcome Thread.

I all
    I have been trudging the forum for a good few months but have decided to formally introduce myself after meeting a few of your members tonight in North Parramatta at Cafe de Wheels
    Everyone was really helpful and friendly
    Keen to get my TA22 on the road ASAP!