Thread: *SOLD* items

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

Default *SOLD* items

when people sell items they often delete the item description and/or the sale price.

i think this would be a valuable resource for members researching prices etc, and do not think they should be deleted.

when you have sold something can you just put "*SOLD*" at the start of the thread title and keep everything else please? like the price you sold it for etc...

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: *SOLD* items

Hi,

Crikey PJ, you're the last person I'd expect to come up with a stirling idea like this! You are full of surprises!

Agreed, it would be good. Hard to monitor it though.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Sorry to Hijack, but better than starting a new thread...

Would it be possible to split "cars for sale" into two sections?
    One for registered and running (IE turn key) cars
    the other for "Projects"..

Hi,

That's a nice idea, but we have enough trouble monitoring the classifieds with people putting in wrong things in the wrong area and EOIs etc.. and I fear this would only increase the mod/admin workload.

seeyuzz
    river

Cunning Linguist Domestic Engineer The Last Streetfighter's Avatar

I'm with PJ on the idea, but seems to be impossible to implement. You gotta just promote the good and hope people follow.
    AE90 Silvertop - GONE; 2001 ST215W GT-T Manual - SOLD; EP82 Starlet GT - Sold
    Now driving 20V Turbo 1.8 N-S FWD

well if you make it a rule then you can implement it just like the other rules we have made before.

like the EOI rule.

it still happens. people still get away with it, that is until i wreck their thread by crying about :"NO EOI OMG" eventually when their thread gets so full of non-geniune buyers (because they broke thread rules) i have seen them open a new thread that complies perfectly.

admins wont need to do much, if its a rule then we are plenty used to directing the OP to that specific rule, and/or using the REPORT BAD POST button.

dont knock back a good idea just because it sounds hard to police,.

i believe if this was made a rule(with the reasons behind it) then it would police itself, like all other good ideas.

Hi,

I am sure other members of the Board have seen this thread and your proposal, and we will discuss it. We'll let you know how it goes.

seeyuzz
    river

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaJuan View Post
    when people sell items they often delete the item description and/or the sale price.

i think this would be a valuable resource for members researching prices etc, and do not think they should be deleted.

when you have sold something can you just put "*SOLD*" at the start of the thread title and keep everything else please? like the price you sold it for etc...
    If people read the rules that were written when this fourm changed over, then they'd see that PJ's description is the way it is supposed to be.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

So what happens when you click the "bad post" button on these threads? The thread that they've finished with gets deleted? Big deal.

How does a mod/admin have any ability to do anything about information that's been deleted? PM the user and command them to re-write the post?
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Hi,

Tommy G is correct. There is little we can do if the posters has removed the details in the thread.

seeyuzz
    river

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

not to mention that the item may have sold for a completely different price to what has been advertised? especially cars where negotiations can result in a final sale price thousands of dollars below the advertised price. so the usefulness of sale prices is limited in that respect
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Personally I think all for sale threads should be deleted after 3 months of no activity.

I see no benefit as to why they need to be kept.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

oh well maybe it will be up to the users who decide to keep their prices their.

it would certainly be a benefit to me (and has in the past) when i am looking for a sell price, or to check if the item i am buying is at a reasonable price (compared to other items sold here)

i honestly have no idea about how much a lot of car junk is worth, and the only way i can gauge an asking price is to either start a new thred "hey guys how much do you reckon my xxx is worth?" or do a little research of my own (the preferred option)

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaJuan View Post
    i honestly have no idea about how much a lot of car junk is worth, and the only way i can gauge an asking price is to either start a new thred "hey guys how much do you reckon my xxx is worth?" or do a little research of my own (the preferred option)
    The only problem with that is
    a) things are worth what someone is willing to pay for it
    b) what person a is willing to pay can be very different from what person b is willing to pay
    c) what someone paid 6, 12, 24 months ago could very well be irrelevant to what its worth now
    d) there is no guarantee that the price listed was the price paid (as point out above).
    e) someone could have been selling something at a stupid low price because they either needed the money, wanted to get rid of it asap, or they too had no idea what it was worth.

IMO you are better off just starting a thread a putting "hey guys I'm not quite sure what this is worth so I'll start by asking $xxx" or you figure out how much you would be willing to pay for something if you were a buyer and you start around that price.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

while im not disagreeing with the points your made crUZ, it can be a very helpful starting point, especially if there are a few that have been sold, someone just needs to make a habit of quoting every for sale thread so the OP cant delete the original listing
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'