Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: *** Toyota Fest 2009 - Drag Racing!!! - NEW DATE 14th Oct CANCELLED ***

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2009 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wed 7th CANCELLED - NEW DATE 14th Oct ***

Well, this blows...

OCTOBER 14, 2009 - RACE FOR REAL CANCELLED DUE TO GUSTING WINDS AND THREATENING SHOWERS

Gorilla Industries Conversion King Koffee-Black's Avatar

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2009 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wed 7th CANCELLED - NEW DATE 14th Oct ***

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey228 View Post
    If the winds are strong over there, they'll cancel tonight too...

If the winds are coming from and traveling towards if they are north, northwest? Towwards the north, or from the north?

Cheers,
    jase
    HE JINXED IT!!!!
    JZA80 Turbo Time Attack Car - "Gorilla"
    JZA80 Turbo Street Car - "Silver Back"
    Lexus RX350 F Sport "Kid Hauler"
    Vitz - Supercharged "Chimp"
    HDJ80 Landcruiser "Baboon"

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder De@No's Avatar

Default Re: *** Toyota Fest 2009 - Drag Racing!!! - NEW DATE 14th Oct CANCELLED ***

YOU FUKN SERIOUS! man its blue sky's and fukn hot here...cant believe this shit!
    Z20- SOLD

Default Re: *** Toyota Fest 2009 - Drag Racing!!! - NEW DATE 14th Oct CANCELLED ***

Youre not the only one...

Anyway, the staging lane is booked out for the next 3 weeks so I am unsure at this time if I will re-book. Would there be much interest for the 11 or 18 of Nov?

Yeh mate ill probably head out next time all you boys go out. Spewing i took annual leave last time and got off work early today for fukn nothing...give me my noose please!
    Z20- SOLD

Junior Member Grease Monkey seamonsta's Avatar

You can still go on a normal Wed night, just cause we can't have our own lane doesn't make it any less fun and there are usually a few Forum members out there anyway. I'm going next week, hope its not cancelled again.

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

I actualy prefer when we dont have our own lane. Cause then i get to watch other ppl race.

But i like to go when theres lots of toyotas going, cause i get to meet and greet etc.

I'll try get my car sorted out, and will try make it for whenever you guys sort a date out.

Cheers,
    jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

Junior Member Grease Monkey

just checked wsid website before leaving tonight's meet cancelled due to wind & chance of rain that really sux

deano do u want to meet me at woniora bridge at 12 for a neckdive

oh well maybe next week

Quote Originally Posted by seamonsta View Post
    You can still go on a normal Wed night, just cause we can't have our own lane doesn't make it any less fun and there are usually a few Forum members out there anyway. I'm going next week, hope its not cancelled again.

Yeh i just dont care for drag racing enough to do that. last time i went was back in 06 i think.

Just more want to do it with the toymods boys every now and then.

Ill be up for it in november paul.

Sounds good.
    Z20- SOLD

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Who ever is organising this, Send me your number as i get an SMS from John Hendman direct when it gets cancelled ...

Like today, i knew by 2.30pm just i wasnt home to get it onto the forums to let you all know .

So if someone who has access to the PC wants me to TXT them if i hear about cancellations , better people find out earlier than later i guess.
    11.72 @ 116.7mph = Quickest Stock Turbo Jzz30 series Soarer And 1st into the 11's WOOOT!!!

Still going good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_7aRUGshw

That would be me Dieseltrain, but it was up on the website pretty quickly. Just a shame that it never lookled like it was going to rain.

There is nothing wrong with going another night without a lane booked, and there is even this thread so that people can put up when they are going. Having the lane means that everyone together and makes it easier to catch up with each other.

I will wait till I hear from John in regards to what dates are available before I close this thread, as its hardly going to be close to Toyota Fest.

Due to other committments, I have not rescheduled this for another date. I will no longer update this thread and then create a new one for the next drag day which will be around the January dyno day.

Hope to see you all there.