Thread: 22R LPG Conversion

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 22R LPG Conversion

Heyy guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has much experience with a 22R and then changing the carburettor and manifold to a EFI plenum, manifold and throttle body. And what i would have to do to change them over. I got down to U Pull It today and managed to find a Cresseda with a EFI system on it so i started taking it off and i managed to get the Plenum and the throttle body but didnt manage to get the manifold off (they closed at 5 and i had one bolt to undo and they kicked us out ) so i will go back down tomorrow and get that.

Once i have the Plenum, manifold and throttle body i am going to try to convert the car to all gas because at the moment its Dual Fuel and its extremely annoying because it doesnt start on gas and all the tunings out and because it tuned for both there both out so they have to compensate so neither Petrol or Gas are tuned properly.

So i am planning on using a Impco 200 Mixer and then making an adapter from the throttle body where the Mass Air flow meter would usually be to connect to the mixer. While using the Throttle body on the Plenum.

So i was wondering if anyone has any experience with converting to a 22RE manifold from 22R. I know im going to have to blank off most of the vacum lines and that sort of thing.

So if anyone has any hints and tips on the conversion and help would be greatly apperciated and i will keep everyone updated on the conversion if your interested.

Catchya, Ryan

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 22R LPG Conversion

Update if anyones interested haha,

ok well yesterday i got the rest of the manifold so i will try to get some pics up of that tonight. Basically im going to clean that up, gritblast it, paint it and get it looking sweet haha.

Then i have to either buy a new adapter for the EFI throttle body to the Impco 200 mixer or im going to make a new one from 5mm flat plate to some round tube. I have a standard adapter off the mixer already and its OD is 0.8mm largen than the ID of the start of the EFI throttle body so i will probs get the adapter from the Mixer and spin it down on the Lathe, then slip them both together with loctite so they have a good sealed joint.

Then it will just be working out all of the hoses off the EFI planum and manifold that i can block. Because im using gas i wont be needing any of the vacum lines, the other line that is at the start ot the throttle body and goes to the inside of the plenum for idle mixture so things like that i will probs be either blocking or i will drill them out and then tap them then get some grub screws so that i can block them all off. If anyone has a diagram with the top of the throttle body and all of the hoses that would tell me where they go it would be greatly appreciated.

well for now it wil be getting it all cleaned up, i will try to get some pics of it while cleaning it. As well as i will try to put in some information about drilling and tapping for just general purposes and this if anyone wants it.

Catchya, Ryan