Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TA22 rear window rollers

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: TA22 rear window rollers

ok Matt , from what i can see so far with my front glass , the three you have circled are not the ones to change . thse actually go thru the slot and are spring loaded . Havnt worked out a replacement yet . If the nylon roller on those is ok just a good clean and grease will suffice. They have a very large head that sits on one side of the slotted track and the roller is inside . The one that the bunnings one works on is on the larger metal piece directly above the two small beans. These ones run in the vertical window tracks. Will add more as i get around to getting mine back up and running . Will check the rear galss today and add to this post later on .

I'm an atheist but it's not my fault it's the way GOD made me

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by machschnell View Post
    ok Matt , from what i can see so far with my front glass , the three you have circled are not the ones to change . thse actually go thru the slot and are spring loaded . Havnt worked out a replacement yet . If the nylon roller on those is ok just a good clean and grease will suffice. They have a very large head that sits on one side of the slotted track and the roller is inside . The one that the bunnings one works on is on the larger metal piece directly above the two small beans. These ones run in the vertical window tracks. Will add more as i get around to getting mine back up and running . Will check the rear galss today and add to this post later on .
    Cheers mate really appreciate it!

So its basically just the studs (where the rollers used to be).

The 3 existing spring loaded nylon rollers are still intact so ill take your advice and give them a good clean up and grease.

Thanks!
    -Matt

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Bump for a great thread.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Seeking some pointers on a couple of things.
    They are for the rear windows but in some ways could also apply to the front.

If the regulator sprocket becomes disengaged, is it critical to re-engage it in the fully open/closed position and set the rollers/mechanism to match?
    I have reinstalled both sides, but only one with the window attached.
    The one without the window, which I didn't have the sprocket problem with, appears to operate correctly and has full travel up and down.
    The one with the sprocket 'problem' does not have full travel down the 2 roller guide, hence the window does not sit below the bodywork. I have adjusted the rear roller 3 bolt bracket but I can clearly see that the front 2 rollers do not reach the bottom of the guide rail. It finishes about 2cms above the bottom fixing. I can't feel/see any problems that stops its travel (adjustment screws included).

When this window is fully closed, the sprocket does appear to be at its full extension.

The other query is which length adjustment screws are used in which locations. Mine have become miss-sorted so it's been trial and error as to which go where. If anyone knows the correct positions please comment.

Thank you,
    Steve
    Last edited by steveh; 08-12-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Eventually worked it out that the main guide channels were on the wrong sides.
    I removed all the parts almost 2.5 years ago to clean/refurbish them and must have labelled the guides the wrong way around. When using guides on the wrong side, the glass hits the wheel arch so then can't lower any further.

The 3 shorter stud bolts are at the top. The one with the larger flange is for the rear guide.
    The 2 longer stud bolts at the bottom.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Quote Originally Posted by steveh View Post
    Eventually worked it out that the main guide channels were on the wrong sides.
    I removed all the parts almost 2.5 years ago to clean/refurbish them and must have labelled the guides the wrong way around. When using guides on the wrong side, the glass hits the wheel arch so then can't lower any further.

The 3 shorter stud bolts are at the top. The one with the larger flange is for the rear guide.
    The 2 longer stud bolts at the bottom.
    Worthwhile update. The pics I had weren't clear and I'm sure this will help many. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_spitfire View Post
    Cheers mate really appreciate it!

So its basically just the studs (where the rollers used to be).

The 3 existing spring loaded nylon rollers are still intact so ill take your advice and give them a good clean up and grease.

Thanks!
    -Matt
    Anyone got a replacement for these spring loaded nylon rollers??